• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

Pelle. Sakho. Lukaku. Abel Hernandez. Strikers were available in the summer we chose to be cheapskates as usual tho.

Are we cheapskates when we buy affordable, but unproven players or when we don't? :-k

Lukaka went for a premium and has so far been worse than any of ours.

I want new strikers, I do not like ours. Kane could turn out alright but soldaldo is not right for this league and ade though can play well when he wants is a lazy cnut.

I do not care who the strikers are, where they come from. I would prefer our scouting department to do a bit or research and find us someone at the cheaper end of the market the 8-15m pound type. We went big on Solly and clearly it has backfired on us and we wont get anything close what we paid for him back. Unless we can buy someone like Benzema then we need to go for one with potential.

I thought this was the whole point of having the director of football system so we can find great players cheaper and they would fit the style of play of the head coach and we would not have to change style every time we sack a coach.

I know he's not a striker but the mirror linking us with a £5 million move for Konoplyanka as apparently he's out of contract next summer. We should be all over this move. I've wanted him for a while and can cover the three positions behind the striker.
Get it done Daniel!

Pelle. Sakho. Lukaku. Abel Hernandez. Strikers were available in the summer we chose to be cheapskates as usual tho.

Good points, and I would add Welbeck to that list as well. We needed another striker and another defender such as Lescott this summer, we failed to get them in and left two HG spots in our squad open, which I didn't agree with. But had we got in another 'non-HG' player, there were a few candidates from our current squad we could have dispensed with.

The previous summer we were splashing money around like there was no tomorrow, well tomorrow came round, and then, oh dear, the money had dried up.

Last edited:
Berahino is the one that I'd like us to go all out for....

I think he'll end up being a star and him and Kane could make a great 9, 10 partnership!

Berahino is the one that I'd like us to go all out for....

I think he'll end up being a star and him and Kane could make a great 9, 10 partnership!

Did look good for the England U21's in Croatia . It'll be good if we were able to get him and Jay Rodriguez in the next couple of transfer windows. Think of we get them for combined fee of anything below £20m we should be more than happy.

Castaignos and Depay seems to be the hottest up and coming players in Holland.

There's a guy called Michel Kramer as well, but he may just be the Dutch Peter Crouch.

There's a guy called Michel Kramer as well, but he may just be the Dutch Peter Crouch.

I was convinced collins john was going to be a star or was it john collins I forget now, the dutch striker which came through at Fulham. We could do worse then go for Dembele at Fulham and loan out to a championship club.

There's a young striker at Anderlecht that an ITK on SC says we are in for. On phone so can't link and his name is Yugoslavian I think.

Well if he's as good as Crouch, I'd welcome him. He'd be an upgrade on Soldado for a start, and probably Kane and Ade too. We looked a lot better team in the days when we had Crouch playing under Redknapp. Of course Crouch was only one reason, but he was an effective striker for us, and scored two of the most iconic goals in our history. Our 3 strikers together haven't managed one goal to match the ones at the Etihad and San Siro.

Well if he's as good as Crouch, I'd welcome him. He'd be an upgrade on Soldado for a start, and probably Kane and Ade too. We looked a lot better team in the days when we had Crouch playing under Redknapp. Of course Crouch was only one reason, but he was an effective striker for us, and scored two of the most iconic goals in our history. Our 3 strikers together haven't managed one goal to match the ones at the Etihad and San Siro.

Have any of our 3 strikers played in games of those magnitude? Do you not remember why we sold Crouch??

Have any of our 3 strikers played in games of those magnitude? Do you not remember why we sold Crouch??

Of course our strikers in the past were far from world class, but the fact that a forward line of Crouch, Defoe, Keane and Pav got us into the champions league is an achievment that cant be ignored.

Give me that forward line over Kane, Ade and Soldado any day of the week. We are shamefully toothless up front at the moment. Its pathetic.

Of course our strikers in the past were far from world class, but the fact that a forward line of Crouch, Defoe, Keane and Pav got us into the champions league is an achievment that cant be ignored.

Give me that forward line over Kane, Ade and Soldado any day of the week. We are shamefully toothless up front at the moment. Its pathetic.

1) Let's judge at the end of the season

2) Look at their respective supply-lines

3) Rose-tinted spectecles; at times we got the CL despite those forwards; e.g. how many did they each score between March and May in 2010? Also, don't forget Ade got us 4th in 2012, so your last line has to be put in contxt (as does point 2 above)

1) Let's judge at the end of the season

2) Look at their respective supply-lines

3) Rose-tinted spectecles; at times we got the CL despite those forwards; e.g. how many did they each score between March and May in 2010? Also, don't forget Ade got us 4th in 2012, so your last line has to be put in contxt (as does point 2 above)

Well that forward line scored over 50 goals for us in 09/10, so if you want to judge Ade, Soldado and Kane against that at the end of this season please do. Dont think you could ever say we achieved a champions league spot "despite" of them.

Also, you dont need me or anyone to tell you that an Ade playing for a contract (2012) or an Ade with a point to prove (when Sherwood picked him last season) is a completely different beast to an Ade in the comfort zone, which is what we have now.

Back