• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

fudge it, changed my mind.

abandon_thread_by_wernette-d34hyzz.gif

Tim Sherwood is manager right? Does he have all the proper certification to coach? Seems an incredible mistake to make for a club of our stature.

Tim Sherwood is manager right? Does he have all the proper certification to coach? Seems an incredible mistake to make for a club of our stature.

Yeah, it's just a youth competition but it reminds me of one of the African nations failing to qualify for ACN because they thought they needed to play for a draw, which they did, and another result knocked them out. Really embarrassing for the manager, but this is just silly. I hope that even though the party was cut short, they still got some positives from all that.

Was going to be a tough Semi but one i was relishing to see, Barca and Ajax are famed for their academys so it would have been quite telling to see our boys go up against the winner of that. Such a shame.

Does anyone know if it would have been a home game against either one? or was it going to be a random draw? suppose it does not matter, but just wondered.

how fudging pathetic. the lads must be gutted, SURELY someone must of checked. tbh when i was watching the game it did cross my mind as i had never heard of this player(assuming its him) and laughed to myself how we might get kicked out

The Nextgen Series also has a play off system for 5th to 8th place. With the losing qtr finalists playing each other and then winners/losers if these matches both facing each other to determine these positions.

I would assume that we would still have to play this part in the competition (which at least means that we will have to face the losers of the Ajax v Barca match) otherwise I cannot see how they can properly decide teh 5th to 8th positions as planned?

Very amateurish of the club though.... And did I really see somebody trying to blame Sherwood for this?... The manager/coach will have nothing to do with registering the players - this will be a serious admin fcuk up somewhere not one on the part of Sherwood.

The Nextgen Series also has a play off system for 5th to 8th place. With the losing qtr finalists playing each other and then winners/losers if these matches both facing each other to determine these positions.

I would assume that we would still have to play this part in the competition (which at least means that we will have to face the losers of the Ajax v Barca match) otherwise I cannot see how they can properly decide teh 5th to 8th positions as planned?

Very amateurish of the club though.... And did I really see somebody trying to blame Sherwood for this?... The manager/coach will have nothing to do with registering the players - this will be a serious admin fcuk up somewhere not one on the part of Sherwood.

I would assume not, the 4 teams knocked out in the quarters would have the 5th to 8th spots. There will probably be a draw of sorts and the winners of that would play each other and get 5th/6th, and the losers would play each other and get 7th/8th...

I would assume not, the 4 teams knocked out in the quarters would have the 5th to 8th spots. There will probably be a draw of sorts and the winners of that would play each other and get 5th/6th, and the losers would play each other and get 7th/8th...

I don't get what you mean here?.... There are now only 3 losing qtr finalists as Liverpool have replaced us in the last 4.

I guess though that they could do a mini league between the 3 remaining qtr finalists playing against each other once each, 1 home match and 1 away?

Gutting for our kids who made it that far though. Potentially 2 rounds away from winning what amounts to an under 19 Champions League and then having it taken away because somebody forgot to register a player.

I don't get what you mean here?.... There are now only 3 losing qtr finalists as Liverpool have replaced us in the last 4.

I guess though that they could do a mini league between the 3 remaining qtr finalists playing against each other once each, 1 home match and 1 away?

Gutting for our kids who made it that far though. Potentially 2 rounds away from winning what amounts to an under 19 Champions League and then having it taken away because somebody forgot to register a player.

I assume we would now be considered a losing quarter finalist, because we have not made it to the semi-finals, so there would be 4 losing quarter finalists.

I read this in the Mail - it says that the ineligable players were under-age.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mmers-Londoners-break-NextGen-team-rules.html

Liverpool and Spurs row simmers after Londoners break NextGen team rules

By Bob Cass

Last updated at 10:00 PM on 4th February 2012

Comments (23)

Tottenham and Liverpool are involved in a row on the eve of their Premier League confrontation at Anfield on Monday night.

The bust-up arose after Liverpool lodged a protest about Spurs fielding two ineligible players during the NextGen Under-19s quarter-final last week, which the Londoners won by the only goal.

Rather than contest the issue, Spurs withdrew, handing Liverpool a semi-final tie against Barcelona or Ajax. But there is anger at White Hart Lane at LiverpoolÔÇÖs behaviour.
Disappointed: Spurs' NextGen boss Tim Sherwood

Disappointed: Spurs' NextGen boss Tim Sherwood

Spurs unknowingly fielded two under-age players in the game in which Liverpool included players recruited for substantial transfer fees.

A Spurs statement said: ÔÇÿIt is with regret that we have decided to withdraw from the NextGen tournament due to an accidental breach of a competition regulationÔÇÖ.

Tim Sherwood, TottenhamÔÇÖs technical co-ordinator and manager of their NextGen team, said: ÔÇÿIt is disappointing.ÔÇÖ

Mark Warburton, head of football for NextGen, said: ÔÇÿThis is unfortunate. However, we can only applaud Tottenham for demonstrating such impeccable levels of sportsmanship.ÔÇÖ

----------

I don't believe the bit about the spat between clubs though.

'Steven Caulker issues Swansea City top 10 challenge'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16892261

He's Ambitious i'll give him that, but with their good form at home they could easily achieve it. They just need to start sneaking points away from home, like they did at wba. That said towards the end of the season you have to wonder if they will tail off, they wanted to remain in the premier league this season and when they have secured that will they have the drive to push on further?

Back