• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Yeah, many seem to be settling in well.

You do wonder how much contact the club has with these players throughout the duration of their loans. Caulker and Naughton in particular, I hope are being watched and in contact with the club regularly.

I've watched most of Norwich's games this year, Naughton is coming along brilliantly. (Even when asked to play at left back). I'd be quite confident of his abilities if he started for us next year.

I've not seen as much of Caulker, but what I have seen suggests he's going to be a very classy centre back.

Just watched last 10 minutes of this half and Liverpool were by far the better team. The commentating is horrible but what do you expect.

That Ngoo is not very good.

Must be something about Liverpool number 9's

ball-horse.gif

bear in mind this pools strongest team where as we could have the likes of caulker, carroll, dombaxe, kane and bostock could all play. id rather them on loan than here tonight though

Good to see Liverpool losing with class like the 1st team, their number 17 with the hunchback looks a right prick

Well done younguns...

Be great if Barca do beat Ajax, the whole idea of the next gen is to prep youngsters for big games against big teams. Can only help us in the future

Just got back from game, Bloody cold. Can't believe some of the posting about match, there was only one team trying to play football tonight and it wasn't Liverpool. They had 2 quick tricky wingers but they were never going to pass as long as they had a chance to shoot. Two thugs (6 & 8) who kicked anything that moved and there rightback must have kicked the ball into touch over twenty times (a replacement for Johnny Wilkinson). Not the teams best display but they stuck to the principles of passing and moving and had the courage to keep playing until they got it right. This is what development is about, nice to win but more important is the way you play!!!

Yeah got back around 10... took me till now to fill my fingers, how cold was that. Totally agree about us wanting to pass it about and all they wanted to do was kick us. Sterling looked a player. Shankly and Paisley would be embarrised with that Liverpool performance... not the guts part.. they had that.. plenty of that...the total football part they left in the Pool bootroom.

Last edited:
Was good to see the youth but my extremities took punishment tonight. At least we got the win. Impressed by the keeper (Miles?), Luongo and Coulthirst. Couple of others whose names I didn't know. Not the best of performances but good to get the win and nice to see that they continue trying to play good football even when they're put under pressure (and constantly fouled).

Sterling looked good, though a bit brick on approaching the keeper though.

Looking forward to the Barca game (or Ajax)!

Back