• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

ah cool. Pretty wierd that I don't think I've ever actually watched a bundesliga game despite living there for a bit, although was young at the time.

My very limited knowlege on German teams and their quality etc is either through Champions league or Europa league, does seem like a league I'd enjoy from what I've heard of it.

Presumably Bostock isnt playing for Sheff Wed as we've asked for him not to be cup tied. He started at the weekend after all. Would suggest the same for Falque but he wasnt involved at the weekend. Wont harp on about it any more but I really dont understand what anyone sees in Falque

I read this in the Mail - it says that the ineligable players were under-age.

Spurs unknowingly fielded two under-age players in the game in which Liverpool included players recruited for substantial transfer fees.

Ha ha what the fudge? So our players were too young to play in the tournament, and we still beat them, and then withdraw?

Mental if true - I could understand if they were too old

Ha ha what the fudge? So our players were too young to play in the tournament, and we still beat them, and then withdraw?

Mental if true - I could understand if they were too old

Maybe we are scared of what wenger will try and do if he finds out we have under aged players.

it's indeed unfortuante that fielding underage players are also breaking the rules. Quite stoopid rules.

but I am proud as a Spurs supporter, as we are probably the FIRST team that got invited to next season's NextGen

http://www.nextgenseries.com/en/Tou...-after-Tottenham-Withdraw-from-the-Tournament
"Tottenham Hotspur will return to the NextGen Series next season."

http://www.nextgenseries.com/en/Terms-and-Conditions
"All eligible players shall belong to the following age category:
Each squad will consist of a maximum 18 players. All players must be born on or after January 1st 1993 although 3 players are allowed in the squad who are born on or after January 1st 1992. Only two of these three players born on ar after January 2nd 1992 are allowed to play at any one time. The inclusion of the 3 older players is an ‘option’ for each participating club and not a stipulation."

I read this in the Mail - it says that the ineligable players were under-age.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mmers-Londoners-break-NextGen-team-rules.html

Liverpool and Spurs row simmers after Londoners break NextGen team rules

By Bob Cass

Last updated at 10:00 PM on 4th February 2012

Comments (23)

Tottenham and Liverpool are involved in a row on the eve of their Premier League confrontation at Anfield on Monday night.

The bust-up arose after Liverpool lodged a protest about Spurs fielding two ineligible players during the NextGen Under-19s quarter-final last week, which the Londoners won by the only goal.

Rather than contest the issue, Spurs withdrew, handing Liverpool a semi-final tie against Barcelona or Ajax. But there is anger at White Hart Lane at Liverpool’s behaviour.
Disappointed: Spurs' NextGen boss Tim Sherwood

Disappointed: Spurs' NextGen boss Tim Sherwood

Spurs unknowingly fielded two under-age players in the game in which Liverpool included players recruited for substantial transfer fees.

A Spurs statement said: ‘It is with regret that we have decided to withdraw from the NextGen tournament due to an accidental breach of a competition regulation’.

Tim Sherwood, Tottenham’s technical co-ordinator and manager of their NextGen team, said: ‘It is disappointing.’

Mark Warburton, head of football for NextGen, said: ‘This is unfortunate. However, we can only applaud Tottenham for demonstrating such impeccable levels of sportsmanship.’

----------

I don't believe the bit about the spat between clubs though.

Last edited:
Presumably Bostock isnt playing for Sheff Wed as we've asked for him not to be cup tied. He started at the weekend after all. Would suggest the same for Falque but he wasnt involved at the weekend. Wont harp on about it any more but I really dont understand what anyone sees in Falque

My bad, Bostock came on in the 81st minute of our game against Cheltenham and Falque came on in the 75th minute so they are both cup-tied.

RYAN MASON & HARRY KANE - Southampton vs Millwall - 07/02/12 (FA Cup 4th Round Replay)

ztuf60.jpg

Ryan Mason and Harry Kane were both back in the team from the start, playing the full 90 minutes as Millwall stunned Southampton to win 3-2 and book their place in the next round at home to Bolton. Suggestion on Millwall forums that they set up in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Kane up top and Mason just behind him.

Goal.com ratings
Ryan Mason 5.5: Millwall's main threat was from their midfielders rather than their forwards and the youngster had little bearing on the game.
Harry Kane 5.5: Forced a good save out of Bialkowski but too often a peripheral figure.

"Fantastic second half, great effort from the youngsters, specially Kane, Mason and N'Guessan."

"changes would have been made whatever, some might say KJ has stumbled upon a new midfield set up with Mason & Wright though."

NATHAN BYRNE - Bournemouth vs Exeter - 07/02/12

Nathan Byrne has still not recovered from his ankle injury but is expected to feature in the coming weeks.

JORDAN ARCHER - Stalybridge Celtic vs Bishop’s Stortford - 07/02/12

Due to the distances involved, Bishop's Stortford asked that there be a pitch inspection on Monday, a day before the game. This was duly done at 6pm, and the game was postponed.

JOHN BOSTOCK - Sheffield Wednesday vs Blackpool - 07/02/12 (FA Cup 4th Round Replay)
YAGO FALQUE - Southampton vs Milwall - 07/02/12 (FA Cup 4th Round Replay)

Both players were cup-tied as they had come on as substitutes for Spurs against Cheltenham in the 3rd round.

Last edited:
it's indeed unfortuante that fielding underage players are also breaking the rules. Quite stoopid rules.

but I am proud as a Spurs supporter, as we are probably the FIRST team that got invited to next season's NextGen

http://www.nextgenseries.com/en/Tou...-after-Tottenham-Withdraw-from-the-Tournament
"Tottenham Hotspur will return to the NextGen Series next season."

http://www.nextgenseries.com/en/Terms-and-Conditions
"All eligible players shall belong to the following age category:
Each squad will consist of a maximum 18 players. All players must be born on or after January 1st 1993 although 3 players are allowed in the squad who are born on or after January 1st 1992. Only two of these three players born on ar after January 2nd 1992 are allowed to play at any one time. The inclusion of the 3 older players is an ÔÇÿoptionÔÇÖ for each participating club and not a stipulation."

Wait, am I being an idiot? It says player has to be born after Jan 1st 1993? So how can a player bee too young? Surely we could field a player born in January 2012 if we so wished?

Upcoming weekend games.

Saturday 11th February - 14:30
VEDRAN CORLUKA - Borussia Dortmund va Bayer Leverkusen (Eurosport 2 [Bundesliga] / OTE Sport 2)

Saturday 11th February - 15:00
STEVEN PIENAAR - Everton vs Chelsea (Setanta Sports (ROI only) / Nova Sports 1 / Abu Dhabi Sports)
STEVEN CAULKER - Swansea vs Norwich (Abu Dhabi Sports 6)
KYLE NAUGHTON - Swansea vs Norwich (Abu Dhabi Sports 6)

DAVID BUTTON - Crystal Palace vs Doncaster
YAGO FALQUE - Southampton vs Burnley
THOMAS CARROLL - Millwall vs Derby
RYAN MASON & HARRY KANE - Millwall vs Derby
ADAM SMITH & ANDROS TOWNSEND - Leeds vs Brighton

NATHAN BYRNE - Hartlepool vs Bournemouth
JOHN BOSTOCK - Exeter vs Sheffield Wednesday
DEAN PARRETT & JONATHAN OBIKA - Yeovil vs Sclamhorpe

JORDAN ARCHER - Bishop’s Stortford vs Hyde

KUDOS OYENUGA - St Johnstone vs Dundee United (17:30 broadcast delay on BBC Alba)

Sunday 12th February - 13:30
SEBASTIEN BASSONG - Wolves vs West Brom (Sky Sports 1 / Nova Sports 1 / Abu Dhabi Sports 5)

Sunday 12th February - 14:30
MIRKO RANIERI - Viareggio vs Foggia

Last edited:
PARRETT EXTENDS LOAN

Dean Parrett has had his loan spell at League One side Yeovil extended until the end of the season.

The midfielder, who made two First Team appearances in this season's Europa League, has so far appeared on four occasions for the Huish Park side.

So did we get kicked out of Nextgen because the player wasnt registered and too old or just not registered?

If hes just not registered thats a real blow after we were doing so well.

Wait, am I being an idiot? It says player has to be born after Jan 1st 1993? So how can a player bee too young? Surely we could field a player born in January 2012 if we so wished?

I think that would be against general UK labour laws.:D

So is he a different Nabil Bentaleb from this one link who appears to be only 15 or is his DoB wrong on this website?

that might be him 10 years ago lol. check the vid below which was posted 2 weeks ago where my above post comes from the horses mouth

Last edited:
[video=youtube;_ZaL4LE5rio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZaL4LE5rio&context=C3875a5cADOEgsToPDskJ2_GCZ0PNAZarUF69uBWzW[/video]

Back