• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

"Harry Kane has joined Leicester City on loan until the end of the season & has signed a new contract until 2017."

EDIT: I thought they had a load of forwards already? Hope he gets some games...

Think he needs to drop down the league again to be honest, still have hopes he can get better but it was to soon for him, would have done better to be on loan all season in the championship then try next year for prem. Lot of talk about obika to charlton and hall to brighton so could be quite busy for loans.

I hope carroll gets something, i rate the kid but he needs matches. Parrett is an interesting one because clearly he does not have the chip on the shoulder that bostock has and we may still get something out of parrett. Livermore did not come through till a bit later so still time for parrett.

If he can score goals at Millwall then he should be able to do well at Leicester.. they have a decent side. I hope he gets a proper run til the end of season.

If he can score goals at Millwall then he should be able to do well at Leicester.. they have a decent side. I hope he gets a proper run til the end of season.

maybe if they go up he would get it extended for the following season, i think that is his best chance of getting regular games in the prem in the near future. No idea where leicester are in the table actually.

"Harry Kane has joined Leicester City on loan until the end of the season & has signed a new contract until 2017."

EDIT: I thought they had a load of forwards already? Hope he gets some games...

Leicester are in the play off places so this will be a different experience to Millwall last term.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/results

A lot of recent Leicester games no score or 1 goal so Kane should get games and plenty of them, too. 2 games a week for the next 6 weeks or so.

We have sporting Lisbon in the next round of the next-gen by all accounts.

This morning at 10am GMT, the draw for the NextGen Series Quarter Finals took place at the tournament’s London headquarters, revealing the next round of matches to be played. Games will take place between 18th and 21st March, and will be brought to fans live via Eurosport.

The Quarter Finals fixtures are:

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Sporting CP
Chelsea vs. Juventus/Rosenborg
Aston Villa vs. Olympiacos/ Anderlecht
Inter Milan/Arsenal vs. CSKA / PSV

Teams drawn first were given the home advantage. All Quarter-final ties will be played over one leg with extra-time and penalties played on the night should the scores be level after 90 minutes.

This week saw Chelsea FC, Sporting CP, Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur all triumph in their last 16 games. The four remaining last 16 fixtures will take place over the coming days, determining the remaining 4 clubs to make it through to the Quarter Finals.

NextGen co-founder, Justin Andrews, said: “We’re excited to be progressing to the next stage of the tournament, and to continue to witness the growth and development of some of Europe’s finest youth players and coaches.”

Jon Obika has joined Charlton Athletic on loan for the rest of the season and has signed a new contract until 2014

Jon Obika has joined Charlton Athletic on loan for the rest of the season and has signed a new contract until 2014

Great stuff! Charlton are 8 points and 7 places behind the play off spots and 8 points clear of relegation. No real pressure on Jon.
I always thought he was OK but lacked the greed/confidence to be a killer striker in the friendly games I saw.
Many strikers mature late so fingers crossed he knocks a few in.

would not read to much into us giving obika a new contract, a bit like we gave jenas a new contract and then loaned him to qpr paying half his wages. Yet some on here will say levy is a financial genuis, i assume the thinking behind this is that if obika does kind of ok we might get a fee for him.

That or we are not convinced that coulthrist and coulibaly are going to come through.

would not read to much into us giving obika a new contract, a bit like we gave jenas a new contract and then loaned him to qpr paying half his wages. Yet some on here will say levy is a financial genuis, i assume the thinking behind this is that if obika does kind of ok we might get a fee for him.

That or we are not convinced that coulthrist and coulibaly are going to come through.

Er..

We sold Jenas..

Plus as long as Obika isn't costing us much it's worth keeping him around. Has scored a lot at lower levels, could be a late bloomer. For what we are paying him, which is likely a small amount comparatively, there is zero risk and a lot of potential reward.

I don't see this as proof Levy isn't a financial genius.. Not sure how that is even related to this..

Er..

We sold Jenas..

Plus as long as Obika isn't costing us much it's worth keeping him around. Has scored a lot at lower levels, could be a late bloomer. For what we are paying him, which is likely a small amount comparatively, there is zero risk and a lot of potential reward.

I don't see this as proof Levy isn't a financial genius.. Not sure how that is even related to this..

Er no we did not, they took over his contract for the remaining 18 months but paid no fee for him and harry is on record when he came out and defended qpr's spending by saying that not only did they not pay a fee for jenas tottenham are still paying some of his wages.

I know you did not mention levy mate that was just me and my dislike of the guy, all going back to how he treated jol.

As for obika your right he could come through a bit later like livermore did, think this loan move will really give us a clear indication whether he will or not. But with the more technical players in our academy i thought we might have let obika go.

Seems to me we are stockpiling players at youth level.

Aston Villa

I have read several reports how qpr have taken over the rest of jenas's contract, maybe that not a loan because they cant cancel it. So i was wrong to use the word loan, but we are paying some of his wages at qpr redknapp said so when trying to defend the spending qpr did in the winter transfer window.

Er no we did not, they took over his contract for the remaining 18 months but paid no fee for him and harry is on record when he came out and defended qpr's spending by saying that not only did they not pay a fee for jenas tottenham are still paying some of his wages.

I know you did not mention levy mate that was just me and my dislike of the guy, all going back to how he treated jol.

As for obika your right he could come through a bit later like livermore did, think this loan move will really give us a clear indication whether he will or not. But with the more technical players in our academy i thought we might have let obika go.

Seems to me we are stockpiling players at youth level.

Really?

I must have not been paying attention then, fair enough.

Maybe, but it's a loan, as far as i see it's a win/win for us. Either he's good enough, or he shows other clubs what he can do before we sell him on.

Really?

I must have not been paying attention then, fair enough.

Maybe, but it's a loan, as far as i see it's a win/win for us. Either he's good enough, or he shows other clubs what he can do before we sell him on.

No i think your right, not a loan but we did not get a fee, they just took over the rest of his contract, i will do some google searches to see if i kind find the links. Im sure we are paying some of his wages.

Interesting about townsends contract here http://threeandin.com/2013/02/03/ha...entley-too-much-reveals-townsends-qpr-salary/ so if obika is on similar it is not really a risk to us.

Arsenal U21s v Spurs:

Fabianski, Bellerin, Hajrovic, Miquel, Angha, Hayden, Olsson, Gnabry, Henderson, Ansah, Akpom

Substitutes: Shea, Monteiro, Rees, Wynter, Neita

Spurs U-21's vs Arsenal

Miles, Byrne, Fyers, Veljkovic, Galllifuco, Stewart, McEvoy, Luongo, Munns, Parrett, Dombaxe

Subs: Vigouroux, Ball, Bush, Bentaleb, Miller

Last edited:
28 mins GOAL Spurs! Fryers drives low into the corner after a great run and cross from Munns is cleared. 1-1

30 Mins Penalty to Spurs! Munns brought down by Miguel.

31 mins GOAL Spurs! What a turn around. Dombaxe slots the penalty into the corner for 2-1

Back