• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Dempsey replacement then?

Not as big and not nearly as strong as Dempsey. Unlikely to score many headers. In fact, one of the issues Spurs have had with him is that he is a bit skinny and easy to knock off the ball.

Technically, could possibly be better than Dempsey.

Millwall somehow lost 1-5 at home to bottom team Peterborough. Adam Smith subbed off at HT when the score was 1-2.

Tonight's U19 NextGen Series Round of 16 matches:

Paris St. Germain v Tottenham Hotspur
Sporting Clube v Liverpool
Barcelona v Chelsea

U19s at PSG Tonight

The Europa League in Lyon isn’t the sole Spurs focus in France this week - our Academy team travel to Paris to face PSG in the last 16 of the NextGen Series tomorrow night.

The Under-19 tournament has reached the knockout stage and last 16 ties will be decided on the night.

We take on PSG at their Camp des Loges training ground kicking-off at 5pm local time, 4pm UK.

“The NextGen Series has been responsible for some of the most difficult and high-profile games we’ve had, so we’re delighted to have qualified for the knockout stages,” said Academy Manager, John McDermott.

“We’ve had great challenges against Wolfsburg, Anderlecht and Barcelona this season, experienced highs and lows in those matches and to now play Paris St Germain in Paris is a real test, and one I’m sure we’ll respond to.”

John is well aware of the need to bounce back after the Academy’s 8-4 loss at home to Bolton in the FA Youth Cup on Friday. The team took the first steps 12 hours later with a fine 4-0 win against West Brom in the Barclays U18 Premier League, now it’s back to cup action.

“We’re hoping for those who performed poorly against Bolton that it shocks them back into the form that we all know they are capable of,” he added.

“Also, some of the players who did so well on Saturday will be included. Last week, we picked a team for Friday and a team to go to Paris, both A-class matches.

“We shared the selection out and it’s now up to the likes of Lawrence Vigouroux, Kevin Stewart, Jack Barthram and Harry Winks, who will get the starts, to show what they can do.

“As painful as it was to play again on Saturday, it was the ideal way to get back on the bike within 12 hours. These things happen. Thankfully, they are few and far between here. It’s an opportunity to now vent some of that anger and move on from here.”

Barca - Chelsea will be on Chelsea TV. I see our game is listed on a couple of unmentionable sites, but no station confirmed yet.

Villa sent Ajax out of the tournament yesterday, 2-1.
Will be our opponent in the quarter final if we should get past PSG.

Spurs U19-s v PSG

Vigouroux

Barthram, Ball, Stewart, Ward

Veljkovic, Lameiras

McEvoy, Bentaleb, Winks

Coulthirst

Subs: Priestley (GK), Ogilvie, Dombaxe, Lesniak, McEneff, Michael-Percil, Akindayini​

Last edited:
Hey THFC6061 don't know if you know or not but the is a lot of talk that grant hall might be going back on loan to brighton, know a few brighton fans and apparently upson who they got on loan from stoke has pulled up with an injury. Can not imagine hall is the experinced centre back they want but there you go.

How is he doing for us? because they are asking me about him and i was not sure if he is even getting in our youth teams/reserves.

Hey THFC6061 don't know if you know or not but the is a lot of talk that grant hall might be going back on loan to brighton, know a few brighton fans and apparently upson who they got on loan from stoke has pulled up with an injury. Can not imagine hall is the experinced centre back they want but there you go.

How is he doing for us? because they are asking me about him and i was not sure if he is even getting in our youth teams/reserves.

Hall hasn't featured for any Spurs team since 14th January 2013 when he played for our U21s in a 5-1 win against Wolves.

Prior to this, he was a regular for our U21s and Spurs XI teams.

Back