• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Thought you said that the winner was already drawn to play away to Villa?

That was me, thinking I could trust wikipedia, which had a full set up of the knockout stages drawn already.
Nextgen series confirmed on twitter today though, that there will be a draw now on friday. So we could face anyone.

That was me, thinking I could trust wikipedia, which had a full set up of the knockout stages drawn already.
Nextgen series confirmed on twitter today though, that there will be a draw now on friday. So we could face anyone.

Ah, cheers.

Think Statto also misguidedly trusted wiki because he also posted that the winner would face Villa. So you're not alone!

Ah, cheers.

Think Statto also misguidedly trusted wiki because he also posted that the winner would face Villa. So you're not alone!

I hope they keep the (four?) English teams apart until the semi-finals, otherwise it will seem like we're playing an Academy Premier League match.

I hope they keep the (four?) English teams apart until the semi-finals, otherwise it will seem like we're playing an Academy Premier League match.

Could be five English teams, I think.

Liverpool and Arsenal still in - although Liverpool are currently 2-0 down to Sporting Lisbon.

Arsenal playing Inter tonight but I don't know the score.

But agreed, I'd rather not play English teams.

Could be five English teams, I think.

Liverpool and Arsenal still in - although Liverpool are currently 2-0 down to Sporting Lisbon.

Arsenal playing Inter tonight but I don't know the score.

But agreed, I'd rather not play English teams.

The Inter v Arsenal game isn't until 6th March.

The Inter v Arsenal game isn't until 6th March.

Ha! Was just about to post that but you got to it too quickly, dammit!

The Nextgen website lists the fixtures in one block and it was only on closer inspection that I saw that the date for the Arsenal game was different.

So are the english teams doing well because of that old english habit of being more physical at youth level?

I would like to think it is because the is more focus on youth football and skills development but that might not be true. Anyone who has seen any of the football in the next gen can you tell me the standard of it and whether the english teams have out muscled the other teams?

Barca losing to us last year and chelsea this year is odd when you consider how good the first team is and how full it is of graduates from the academy.

Both Ajax and Barcelona has lost a lot of the best players that started the tournament, after promoting players to senior football.
Barca did it during the group stage, won comfortably at White Hart Lane 2-0, but got trashed 4-0 at home after changing a lot of the team.

Both Ajax and Barcelona has lost a lot of the best players that started the tournament, after promoting players to senior football.
Barca did it during the group stage, won comfortably at White Hart Lane 2-0, but got trashed 4-0 at home after changing a lot of the team.

ah cheers for that, because ajax and barcelona are famous for their youth teams so something did not quite add up. Wish we would try and promote a few more, it is good they are getting loans but we can not add to many in one go next year so i would have thought it better to try an approach where you add a youth player a season if not 2.

Smith and townsend should be ready next year to be important parts of our squad along with livermore and caulker. Maybe the following year we can get kane and carroll in if they get good loans in the premership next season.

Bale's Mini-Me (Kenneth McEvoy) provided the assist for Coulthirst's goal tonight and also scored one of our penalties in the shoot-out.

A1791_zpsa484958f.jpg

BTW, Spurs four penalties last night were scored by Laste Dombaxe, Kevin Stewart, Grant Ward and Shaq Coulthirst while Lawrence Vigouroux made the same which won us the tie.

John McDermott paid tribute to his Academy players after a fantastic win against Paris St Germain in the NextGen Series on Wednesday night.

PSG completed the group stage of this Under-19 competition with the best record of the 24 teams (13 points in six matches) but the lads gave as good as they got at the Camp des Loges.

The team had the better of the first half and were rewarded when Shaq Coulthirst opened the scoring in the 33rd minute.

PSG turned up the heat in the second half and Alexis Sainrimat levelled just after the hour.

The game went into extra time and then a thrilling penalty shoot-out where Coulthirst, Grant Ward, Laste Dombaxe and Kevin Stewart scored before Lawrence Vigouroux saved PSG’s final spot-kick for a 4-3 triumph.

The team will now wait for their opponents in the quarter-finals – Chelsea, Villa and Sporting Lisbon have also progressed to the last eight.

“I’m really pleased for the players,” said John, our Academy Manager. “Paris St Germain are a highly-athletic, very capable team and to come to Paris and win in front of a big home crowd, I’m very proud of the lads.

“We controlled the first half, went 1-0 up through Shaq Coulthirst, a composed finish and had other opportunities to extend that lead. In the second half, Paris St Germain gave us a really good game and it was the opposite of the FA Youth Cup last Friday, our defending this time was outstanding and we were very tough.

“I thought we had the edge in extra time without really getting another chance and in the end, our penalty taking was confident and ruthless and Lawrence Vigouroux made the key save.

“Lawrence was the hero in the end in the penalty shoot-out and there were some excellent performances, Grand Ward played for a long period with a yellow card and also excelled. The rules allow 16 players to play and they all made an immense contribution.

“It says a lot about the character of the Academy group with what the lads did on Saturday (a 4-0 win against West Brom) after the FA Youth Cup defeat (against Bolton) at White Hart Lane on Friday night, and now this. We said straight away that we had to move on from the FA Youth Cup and Saturday’s win and this win has gone a long way to do that.”

"Harry Kane has joined Leicester City on loan until the end of the season & has signed a new contract until 2017."

EDIT: I thought they had a load of forwards already? Hope he gets some games...

Back