• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

It’s a failure of scouting though ultimately. I remember reading an article as he signed saying there were big question marks over his desire. To spunk 60m+ on a lad like that who turned out to be such a disaster is a sackable offence IMO. The lad has such talent as well.
Yes, remember that too. Article was around the time we were in for him that clearly exposed his alarming history of laziness, but of course he was exceptionally talented so Lyon took a punt on him. Had one good season for them - although even that was questioned - but it looked like he might have turned the corner. Lyon saw us coming and couldn't believe their luck.

But we did sack the coach who had brought them in after and couple of games and replace him with someone at the other end of the spectrum tactically and motivationally. So we'll never know how they would have worked out with a progressive and supportive coach.
From what I can see Mourinho tried to work with him. During lockdown wasn't he caught doing one on one sessions with Ndombele?
That is far from a coach that isn't trying to work with and bring on a player. A lot can be thrown at Mourinho but not on this as can be seen with his continued failure with multiple coaches.
There's only one person at fault with Ndombele and that's Ndombele.

From what I can see Mourinho tried to work with him. During lockdown wasn't he caught doing one on one sessions with Ndombele?
That is far from a coach that isn't trying to work with and bring on a player. A lot can be thrown at Mourinho but not on this as can be seen with his continued failure with multiple coaches.
To be fair to Jose, the only time Ndombele looked like he might have a future here was under him.

If you're his manager, there is no way you don't do everything possible to unlock his talent.

Wonder if the right off will be in this years accounts or next. Assume we had £10m transfer fee to consume and he wouldn’t have just walked away from 200k a week. So probably at least £15m to go on the books.

But good to be able to concentrate on saleable assets now and incomings.

Back