• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Croatia goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa is backing his compatriot Luka Modric in pushing for a move to Real Madrid, and believes the Tottenham Hotspur player would be a sensation if he moved to La Liga.

The 33-year-old Rostov keeper has outlined that his international team-mate - whose desire to join Jose Mourinho's Madrid has seen him fall out with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy and new boss Andre Villas-Boas - is still focused on a dream move to the Bernabeu.

In a brief interview with AS on Tuesday, Pletikosa stated: "I'm one of [Modric's] best friends and I think Luka is doing well. Last year, Levy promised he could leave for the same amount [€40 million] if it was offered by Chelsea [but that didn't happen].

"What's bigger than Madrid? That happens once in a lifetime. Luka knows this. With Mourinho, he could win two of the next three Champions Leagues if Levy doesn't break his dream."

In relation to how Modric would fit in among the galaxy of superstars at Mourinho's disposal, Pletikosa is in no doubt.

"He would play phenomenally [well] where Xabi and Khedira are," he added. "Seriously, you will see. At Spurs he has been one of the best in the Premier League in that position. As well as that, he's a great guy and very smart."

Although Modric may well be holding out for a move to Madrid, he could be in Tottenham's squad to face Saudi Sportswashing Machine in their Premier League opener on Saturday.

Until Joe Lewis stops sucking money out of our club.

We will not move forward with that vampire at the helm.

Antoher sour Croat chirping in at the club where they weren't good enough to start

:yawn:

It's a never ending stream of comments from players about how Luka should be allowed to leave. I'm never amazed though at the lack of respect a fudging huge % of the population has. Even our ex manager was a gobbrick, they are everywhere.

If it were me and I didnt have a board to explain to, I would keep Modric at the club till his contract runs down, and cite every single article from his mates as the reason why.

This guys a free agent..

adriano_2093460c.jpg

It's a never ending stream of comments from players about how Luka should be allowed to leave. I'm never amazed though at the lack of respect a fudging huge % of the population has. Even our ex manager was a gobbrick, they are everywhere.

If it were me and I didnt have a board to explain to, I would keep Modric at the club till his contract runs down, and cite every single article from his mates as the reason why.

and every decent player and his agent would steer well clear of us as a result

this is football, players come and go, mercenaries everywhere, Modric is no different. Tbh, 4 years at Spurs with little success is pretty good going. Hes done 2 more years than Berba for a start, even Klinsmann fcuked off after a year and is still a GHod at WHL.

Yeah I can' wait for Joe Lewis and ENIC to sell. We might end up with some proper owners like Craig Whyte.

The grass isn't always greener.

So MARCA now says that Modric will join RM on thursday.

According to them, the fee will be 30 m Euro + another 5 m Euro performancerelated

Lets wait and see...

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Sunderland have been handed encouragement in their pursuit of Ola Toivonen after the PSV striker admitted that he is ready for a fresh challenge.
Both north east clubs have been scouring the transfer market for a new forward this summer but neither Alan Pardew nor Martin O’Neill has been able to bring in any attacking reinforcements so far.
However, the local rivals could fight it out to land Toivonen following his assertion that he is ready to move on from the Dutch league.
Rubin Kazan are the latest club to register their interest in Toivonen - talkSPORT revealed yesterday that they’re keen to bring him to Russia - but the Sweden international is concerned by the way PSV are handling his future.
"It’s a bit unfair - I am ready for a new step but PSV’s asking price is a bit unreasonable. A bit too high for me," he is quoted as saying in Dutch newspaper AD.
And the funny thing is that PSV alters the asking price depending on which club shows interest."

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...t-it-out-psv-star-178635?#BRIJzCywac8sb1Oi.99

and every decent player and his agent would steer well clear of us as a result

this is football, players come and go, mercenaries everywhere, Modric is no different. Tbh, 4 years at Spurs with little success is pretty good going. Hes done 2 more years than Berba for a start, even Klinsmann fcuked off after a year and is still a GHod at WHL.

Exactly, and considering just how good a player he is he has more than served his time here. One season of CL football in four years for a player of his quality is criminal. Of course we have to look after our interests, but clearly the best outcome for everybody is if he is sold to probably the biggest name in European football. £30m or above is fair, just get the money in and move onto our targets....

According to them, the fee will be 30 m Euro + another 5 m Euro performancerelated

Lets wait and see...

Will we actaully find out the price do you reckon? Odds on it being an undisclosed fee with the media speculating on various fees....

[video=youtube;-Va1s59gmvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Va1s59gmvQ[/video]

Swap Modric for Jese Rodriguez.
He is like the new Roanldo

Lets wait and see...

so about 24m quid up front + another 4m IF he plays well, a total package of 28m quid, we may as well have accepted the 40m quid from Chelsea on the last day of the window then !

Seriously though, I'd be stunned if these figures were correct.

so about 24m quid up front + another 4m IF he plays well, a total package of 28m quid, we may as well have accepted the 40m quid from Chelsea on the last day of the window then !

Seriously though, I'd be stunned if these figures were correct.

I doubt them too

Thats why I wrote "Lets wait and see" ;)

Back