• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is this new?

You could loan him out on a one month rolling loan deal, which would pretty much achieve the same thing..

It's not like you need to register him for the league, as he is U21...
Not sure the FA would allow you to get away with that. In any case, you would struggle to find a club that would accept those terms as it is too disruptive. You definitely cannot terminate a Premiership loan early though.

I'll guarentee you that he'll play every CC/Europa game and be 3rd/4th choice in the league. That is not a bad starting place. What do you do next season when you have the three same names potentially ahead of him? Loan him again?

Ridiculous, at this point, loaning him out makes a competitor stronger and us weaker, he is ready to be part of our campaign, there is no profit in denying him the opportunity.

If we're competing with Swansea then it doesn't say much for us. I think there is plenty of profit in "denying him an opportunity", the profit being that his progress isn't stalled and he gets another full year of Premier League football under his belt, he's only 20, what's the rush? There's plenty of profit in that deal compared to him watching Kaboul, Vertonghen, Gallas and Dawson play ahead of him and getting the hump and wanting out. I'm not saying he's not good enough to start for us, if you said Kaboul and Caulker start next season then I'd be happy enough but with Vertonghen possibly signing, that pushes him down one spot immediately and I really don't think Harry would go with Caulker over Gallas, Dawson or King if it came down to it.

I'd personally give King a job in on the coaching staff and sell Dawson. King's body has finally cracked on him, it was a valiant effort but nobody can avoid training indefinitely. As for Dawson, he's never been good enough imo. Caulker has truely outstanding potential, putting him on loan for another season is of no value to anyone. Sink or swim time.

This. We need to sell him. He aint good enough.

I'm not Dawson's biggest fan but that's over the top, it was only two years ago that he won our player of the season in our only CL qualifying season to date.

For me Nelson (Gone), and King shouldn't really be part of our plans next year

The way I see it

- Kaboul/Gallas would start the PL lineup
- Vertonghen/Dawson as the Cup game lineup with as Vertonghen settles, perhaps taking Gallas spot in main 11
- King as the odd cover/bench option

Loan Caulker for 6 months to Swansea, with option to renew in January (if we have a major injury to one of our 5, we don't renew the loan)

Caulker would benefit from 100% playing time in a team that plays good football, far more than being a bench/squad option for us.

I'm not Dawson's biggest fan but that's over the top, it was only two years ago that he won our player of the season in our only CL qualifying season in the PL-era.

this. on form he's probably our best CB. just had a horror run with injuries.

Everton defender Sylvain Distin has signed a new one-year contract

Yann M'Vila press conference at 3.30pm UK time with the French press

If we're competing with Swansea then it doesn't say much for us. I think there is plenty of profit in "denying him an opportunity", the profit being that his progress isn't stalled and he gets another full year of Premier League football under his belt, he's only 20, what's the rush? There's plenty of profit in that deal compared to him watching Kaboul, Vertonghen, Gallas and Dawson play ahead of him and getting the hump and wanting out. I'm not saying he's not good enough to start for us, if you said Kaboul and Caulker start next season then I'd be happy enough but with Vertonghen possibly signing, that pushes him down one spot immediately and I really don't think Harry would go with Caulker over Gallas, Dawson or King if it came down to it.

He has all the Premiership experience he needs, he needs to be training with Spurs... At our world class brand new training ground no less. Playing 20 games alongside Spurs players will do mor efor his development this season than playing 40 for Swansea.

this. on form he's probably our best CB. just had a horror run with injuries.

No way! Dawson has never been able to lead a line and is suspect to bad positioning. He is one of the best players in the league, maybe further defensively in the air but I wouldn't trust him alongside Kaboul and I wouldn't trust him to marshall a less senior player in an important game. If King was 5 years younger and had the knees, I'd be happy for Daws to play next to him every week, but Dawson shouldn't be our captain, no way. I like the guy, but it isn't a popularity contest.

He has all the Premiership experience he needs, he needs to be training with Spurs... At our world class brand new training ground no less. Playing 20 games alongside Spurs players will do mor efor his development this season than playing 40 for Swansea.

20 cup games in mish mash sides compared to 38 games in a very well coached Swansea side against the best teams in the country. We'll just agree to disagree :)

Tottenham Hotspur's highly-rated young defender Steve Caulker insists that he is open to the possibility of returning to Swansea City next season.

The England Under 21 international played a major role in helping Swansea secure an 11th place finish in their first season in the Premier League.

The 20-year-old has now returned to White Hart Lane, but faces tough competition for places in Tottenham's defence next season.

Having made 26 starts in total for Swansea this season, the composed centre-half believes that he needs to be playing regularly next term to continue his development.
Confidence

"I've loved every minute of my time at Swansea since going over there during pre-season," Caulker told Sky Sports.

"I spent around nine months at the club and I learned things every day, with the gaffer giving all the lads bundles of confidence.

"A big part of my game now is composure and I've managed to add that to my game this year whilst at Swansea.

"The main aim for me is to continue my development and the only way I can see that happening is by playing regularly.

"I'm sure that over the summer I'll sit down and decide what is best for me, but I can't emphasise enough how important it is for me to be playing.

"I've still got a lot to learn and I've learned so much in a year here at Swansea that should it be available again to me next season and Tottenham are happy with it I'd be stupid to say no."

Many top-flight newcomers struggle during their second campaign, but Caulker expects Swansea to repeat their stunning success story next term.

He added: "I'm confident that they will do just as well next season because as the season has gone on we seem to have got stronger.

"Our first game of the season was away at Emirates Marketing Project and we lost 4-0, but in the return leg we managed to beat them 1-0, which is a sign of how far we have come and how much we've learned throughout the season."

20 cup games in mish mash sides compared to 38 games in a very well coached Swansea side against the best teams in the country. We'll just agree to disagree :)

We have better facilities, better players, better coaches (well, that one's debateable, thank GHod he isn't a striker). The lad is ready to play for us, let him play for us.

No need to rush him. He's what? 20 years old? Why not give him all the experience he needs before coming back to a Spurs team who by then will probably have no Gallas, King talking about retirement, a better picture of what Dawson's future is like and hopefully a solid back of Kaboul and Vertonghen.

Mark Klendjian MBE‏@2drivemark

#skysportsmark I'm being told that RVP WILL NOT sign a new contract at Arsenal in the Forceable future. #AFC need to make top signings

Mark Klendjian MBE‏@2drivemark

#skysportsmark I'm hearing there is going to be some positive news coming out of #THFC About summer signings. #Remy #verthongan

Back