• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just to remind you kiddiewinks, this is the transfer gossip thread.

We have a thread to discuss the new stadium. And one for the new manager.

lets try and keep on topic please.

Whats a kiddie winks

On topic - teh Sun are saying that Lloris can go dependent on the offers they get in

hmmmm - we need a fudgein keeper too.

Now i know this may just be me being biased...but i think sig will sign with us.

SSN and BBC have both reported that he has only had a medical and agreed personal terms with us, nothing about liverpool.

If it was just SSN reporting it, i'd take it with a pinch of salt, but BBC dont usually report something unless they are certain its true.

Sig will be a yido, im sure of it, maybe.

Whats a kiddie winks

On topic - teh Sun are saying that Lloris can go dependent on the offers they get in

hmmmm - we need a fudgein keeper too.

Not just the Sun.The Lyon president, Jean-Michel Aulas, confirmed it himself. Think he'd cost at least 15 million, though, and I doubt we'd be willing to pay that much for a keeper. Still, I'm firmly of the opinion that if there's even a hint of a chance of getting him in, we should go in, all guns blazing. Fantastic, fantastic keeper.

Not just the Sun.The Lyon president, Jean-Michel Aulas, confirmed it himself. Think he'd cost at least 15 million, though, and I doubt we'd be willing to pay that much for a keeper. Still, I'm firmly of the opinion that if there's even a hint of a chance of getting him in, we should go in, all guns blazing. Fantastic, fantastic keeper.

Yeah thats what I meant - the President.

15m for a keeper seems steep but id rather him than Krul. Krul has proved it for two seasons maybe but Lloris has been good for a few now. I hate this whole buying off the back of a a season or two alas Bentley.

Does Sig play in the same position as Moutinho or is Moutinho deeper?

What I mean by this is could we have gone a little cold on Sig with the possibility of Moutinho coming in with AVB or would we still want both?

What I mean by this is could we have gone a little cold on Sig with the possibility of Moutinho coming in with AVB or would we still want both?

I would rather moutinho to replace Modric. Maybe we are looking at both huh

Did AVB try to get Moutinho for Chelscum?

I would rather moutinho to replace Modric. Maybe we are looking at both huh

If we are really in with a shout of getting him, then Moutinho everytime ove Sigurdsson for me. If Modric does leave, then Moutinho would be my no.1 choice as a replacement

He tried to sign Moutinho when he couldn't convince us to sell Modric.

Moutinho positionwise is much like Modric has been for us recently.
Sigurdsson might be versatile for other roles, but what he showed at Swansea was closer to Rafael van der Vaart.

Sandro?

Or i've completely missed what your saying..

The others are bit part players (excluding Modric), but it the 'New manager' wants to make use of his squad, it might be a little thin on the ground..

I probably was not very clear there, my number 1 defensive midfielder is sandro, i would like a back up to him a replacement for parker.

Siggy is not an upgrade on anything we have got at the minute.
I.e vdv and as much as I am resigned to the loss of luka he's not fit to lace his boots.
Would not be a major loss if he goes the the bin dippers need to strengthen else where first.

Strikers please mr levy !!! Or centre back/backs

He tried to sign Moutinho when he couldn't convince us to sell Modric.

Moutinho positionwise is much like Modric has been for us recently.
Sigurdsson might be versatile for other roles, but what he showed at Swansea was closer to Rafael van der Vaart.

I dont really want Sigurdsoon not sure why people are sucking his **** and unsure why we really need him. i would rather us get the 8m and use it to buy someone like Moutinho when/if modric leaves

Sig is a VDV, Moutinho is a more solid(defensively) but less talented Modric.

I dont really want Sigurdsoon not sure why people are sucking his **** and unsure why we really need him. i would rather us get the 8m and use it to buy someone like Moutinho when/if modric leaves

We've lacked a goalscoring central midfielder for years.
And no VdV can't play there in the Premier League.

sig is a VDV, Moutinho is a more solid, less talented version of Luka.

I probably was not very clear there, my number 1 defensive midfielder is sandro, i would like a back up to him a replacement for parker.

Ah right, that's fine..

I reckon parker has another year in him, if somebody 'becomes' available then sure we should go for them. But i'd rather see the focus on the CB/ST issue this year..

Back