• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its really bugging me that people are calling sigurdsson a vdv replacement. We wont sell VDV.

However, weve sold kranjcar, and were likely to sell pienaar and bentley. Sigurdsson offers fantastic cover for both wings, and as a CF.

Posted by some gimp on RAWK:

He's not a Liverpool fan so I can understand why he's possibly looking at Spurs over us, maybe more money, maybe not, maybe its because they are performing at the peak of where that Spurs team can perform and he sees them as an attractive proposition right now, where as we are rebuilding again. My view is that the Spurs team were over achieving and have reached as far as they can go with the players they have and it sounds like that team will be broken up,* where as we really under achieved last season and can/will improve and won't be a million miles from Spurs come the end of this season.

You win some you lose some, if he goes then he was not right for us, to me its that simple...
--

:ross: :ross: :ross: fudge me i cant breath!

:ross:

Signing Sigurdsson as "cover" or to "warm the bench" would be utterly stupid though.

Agreed, but I thought Sigurdsson looked a cracking player when I saw him at the 'Lane at the back end of the season. I agree that he is no Luka Modric, but he'd add something else to our midfield (i.e. goals and some drive and ambition).

Posted by some gimp on RAWK:

He's not a Liverpool fan so I can understand why he's possibly looking at Spurs over us, maybe more money, maybe not, maybe its because they are performing at the peak of where that Spurs team can perform and he sees them as an attractive proposition right now, where as we are rebuilding again. My view is that the Spurs team were over achieving and have reached as far as they can go with the players they have and it sounds like that team will be broken up,* where as we really under achieved last season and can/will improve and won't be a million miles from Spurs come the end of this season.

You win some you lose some, if he goes then he was not right for us, to me its that simple...
--

:ross: :ross: :ross: fudge me i cant breath!

:ross:

When you have Adam and Gerrard, who needs him anyway?

Suddenly all kinds of people are "ITK" on Sigurdsson and AVB.

Who: Clint
Where: FTL
When: June 26

I;ve just text Swansea chair.......... will let you know what he says, if anything !!

When asked if that was his brother he replied...

yes.
he's just said, AVB has signed and Sigg also to sign !!!

Seems legit as before the username was mentioned, someone on SC posted -

"If its a guy called Clint, then he is Huw Jenkins brother (or brother in law), met him previously, good guy, certainly no WUM"

Who: Atlanta Yid
Where: COYS
When: June 26

[AVB] Will be named coach on July 1st
The reason he has not signed yet is contract agreements with Chelski
Done and Dusted Know lets gets some players in

You gotta laugh. Do these people have no shame?

Yes, Atlanta Yid, the "AVB done and dusted but not announced until July because of his Chelsea contract agreement" story has been doing the rounds for the past three days.

So it's a bit late to be trying to muscle in on the attention seeking.

@OfficialGylfi: I have made my decision as to where I will be playing next season and will inform you all when everything is complete

Sounds like a Yid to me .... 3 tweets before said he wouldn't be staying at Swansea cos of the uncertainty and them 'Not having a manager' ... He know he's ITK

This whole Liverpool v Spurs argument is interesting (and should probably be on a different thread).

Why would Sigurdsson choose Spurs over Liverpool?

Against:

- Wages? Possible. But I'd be very surprised if Liverpool can't and don't at least match our offer.

- History? Of course not. Liverpool's is far greater than ours.

- Manager? Doubtful. As far as we know, he loved playing for Rodgers at Swansea. And even if he does know who our new manager will be, why would he especially want to play for that manager?

For:

- Spurs clearly the better of the two teams over the past three years.
- New training ground.
- New stadium plans more advanced than Liverpool's.
- London.
- He's a Man Utd fan so joining Spurs would be easier.

- Or have Spurs just made a better impression on him than Liverpool - be it by appearing to want him more or by divulging impressive plans for the future? Vertonghen seems to have been convinced in similar fashion, after all.

Last edited:
@OfficialGylfi: I have made my decision as to where I will be playing next season and will inform you all when everything is complete

Sounds like a Yid to me .... 3 tweets before said he wouldn't be staying at Swansea cos of the uncertainty and them 'Not having a manager' ... He know he's ITK

Doubt it's even him

This whole Liverpool v Spurs argument is interesting (and should probably be on a different thread).

Why would Sigurdsson choose Spurs over Liverpool?

Against:

- Wages? Possible. But I'd be very surprised if Liverpool can't and don't at least match our offer.

- History? Of course not. Liverpool's is far greater than ours.

- Manager? Doubtful. As far as we know, he loved playing for Rodgers at Swansea. And even if he does know who our new manager will be, why would he especially want to play for that manager?

For:

- Clearly the better of the two teams over the past three years.
- New training ground.
- New stadium plans more advanced than Liverpool's.
- London.
- He's a Man Utd fan so joining Spurs would be easier.

- Or have Spurs just made a better impression on him than Liverpool - be it by appearing to want him more or by divulging impressive plans for the future. Vertonghen seems to have been convinced in similar fashion, after all.

Could be loads of reasons and it's almost pointless speculating on them (especially until he has actually chosen us over them yet, if at all it was ever really a choice). Even if he does sign for us, them or someone else you won't get the truth out of it simply because we'll be presented with a wall of PR. There aren't many players who would be honest enough to say "I signed for this club over that club because they were willing to pay me ?20K a week more.".

Back