• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This.

Besides I will not lose a wink of sleep if a player who is desperate to leave us and not play for us actually leaves us. If true however I just hope Levy gets more than the alleged thirty million pounds that is being flashed in the media

I'll take that 30 million if the alternative is City or United.

I'll take that 30 million if the alternative is City or United.

I understand your reasoning but I would suggest that if according to media reports their first offer if 30m then I expect Levy to negotiate a better deal for us. He seems to be good like that

It's misguided to complain too much about Modric leaving.

We've had 4 of his best years and he's now one of the best players in the world. If he wants to move to one of the biggest clubs in the world it's pretty lame to insist he stays. It'd also be couterproductive if he grows resentful, which he didn't last year which is enormously to his credit. Let him go. Not to Arse or Chelsea...but RM or Manyoo, meh, I don't begrudge him those moves.

Besides, I think there's an argument that our team is too dependent on him. It is TERRIFYING how much of our game flows through him...he's a metronomic fulcrum around which our entire game revolves. As great as that is, there's something slightly disconcerting about it.

I understand your reasoning but I would suggest that if according to media reports their first offer if 30m then I expect Levy to negotiate a better deal for us. He seems to be good like that

Levy will get the best price possible, I have no worries about that.

Besides, I think there's an argument that our team is too dependent on him. It is TERRIFYING how much of our game flows through him...he's a metronomic fulcrum around which our entire game revolves. As great as that is, there's something slightly disconcerting about it.
Ah, if I had a pound for every time I heard one of our midfielders was a metronomic fulcrum.....

maybe 30 mill to Real is better than 40 mill to Utd or Chelsea, actually no maybes about it, it is far better

also, its possible we have an informal agreement about a player of theirs that interests us, possibly Granero, so they get Modric for 30 mill and we get Granero for lets say 8 mill....

maybe 30 mill to Real is better than 40 mill to Utd or Chelsea, actually no maybes about it, it is far better

also, its possible we have an informal agreement about a player of theirs that interests us, possibly Granero, so they get Modric for 30 mill and we get Granero for lets say 8 mill....

It would be interesting if any deal is supplemented with a loan deal of one of the fringe Madrid players though.

We've had 4 of his best years and he's now one of the best players in the world. If he wants to move to one of the biggest clubs in the world it's pretty lame to insist he stays. It'd also be couterproductive if he grows resentful, which he didn't last year which is enormously to his credit. Let him go. Not to Arse or Chelsea...but RM or Manyoo, meh, I don't begrudge him those moves.

you can't expect to hold on to these types of players if we cannot grow at the same rate as them - as much as we'd all like to. Levy made a point of holding on to him last year and credit to him for getting his head down and working for the team for the season without (appearing) to make it hard for everyone - id wish him well should he leave to Madrid this summer - id rather we kept him obviously but i think 4 years here is a decent enough return from him

also i think Levy would be wise to work in some kind of first refusal type agreement with Madrid, im sure such agreements do take place, if not entirely binding as such - maybe even a deal where they supplement the wages of any player coming our way if they think we are giving them a good deal on the transfer fee of Modric - for example - we say 30 mil and he's yours, but as we rate him at 40 you can pay half of Benzema's wages for 4 years or something like that

Last edited:
Levy gets rid of modric before announcing the new manager....kind of a clever move

VDV to Schalke will probably be next, the 'Hot" outta Hotspur is going up in smoke, unless some spectacular signings are lined up we are becoming ordinary again and AVB is on a hiding to nothing before he even takes his place in the dugout

Levy gets rid of modric before announcing the new manager....kind of a clever move

VDV to Schalke will probably be next, the 'Hot" outta Hotspur is going up in smoke, unless some spectacular signings are lined up we are becoming ordinary again and AVB is on a hiding to nothing before he even takes his place in the dugout

you're a right pessimist eh ?

we made Modric stay last year - what makes you think we will cave in to other players this summer ? if we do sell Modric i can see Levy using that money to back the new manager with, along with whatever money he would have given him anyway - so although we will be losing a great player there is still reason to think positively - it may even work out for the best - new manager coming in with an extra 30 mil to make the signings he wants . . .

you're a right pessimist eh ?

we made Modric stay last year - what makes you think we will cave in to other players this summer ? if we do sell Modric i can see Levy using that money to back the new manager with, along with whatever money he would have given him anyway - so although we will be losing a great player there is still reason to think positively - it may even work out for the best - new manager coming in with an extra 30 mil to make the signings he wants . . .

pessimist? i have the odd moment:D

actually i dont have a problem in selling Modric, hes been with us 4 years and for a class player like him thats pretty good going. A move to Real is superb for him.

Other players? well i mentioned VDV because it does seem that there is something there, another Schalke player was in the press in the last day or so, Meltezelder i think, who said it would be great to line up with VDV next season at Schalke. Their manager has made big noises in the press about wanting to sign VDV, VDv's wife works for a tv station close by to Schalke, i dont know it wouldnt surprise me if something happens this summer

plus im not sure VDV is an AVB type player....it might be a good deal for all concerned to part company now

so yep, AVB will have a bigger kitty, time and money to get his own players in, maybe the rumour about Sessegnon was true and he will be one exciting attacking player to come in. I definitely see us being more active in the transfer market than we were under Redknapp in recent windows

for an occasional pessimist im actually quite excited about the upheaval currently going on. Nothing like a fresh start

The point of JJetset posting as the Goat was to avoid him being barraged with questions. Since everybody knows it's him I also don't see the point and he's on there answering questions anyway.

The goat is not just jjetset but any ITK who wants to remain anonymous. Could be anyone really? It's a bit like a turd hiding in a sewer.

On Modric - the Marca link is gonads. It's just some throw away comments that they like Modric and now he has reportedly agreed a deal. 2+2= 5

Back