• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Castaignos is one i'd like us to take a chance on, purely based on the qualities I've seen in him at international youth level.
Inter are taking the tinkle though, demanding 6m for a player it seems they've given up on, half and it would be a gamble worth taking.
Loan would be useless for us, it's the player he has potential to become we should have interest in.

Except that swap deals are so unlikely that your suggestion realistically wont happen

We wont be signing Moutinho people unless the Kuwaitis buy us and bank-roll a spree. Move on....

Well yes that is true but occasionally they do happen, and in this case we hold all the cards and Sahin is a similar type player to Modric. It does sort of stack up, but I guess it's hard enough to deal with 1 player + agent and if another player/agent is added to the deal it gets messy beyond belief. Anyway for me 30mil is too little for any club to pay for Modders. 40mil would be closer to the asking price, and even then never to our rivals.

don't even joke about that brick man

I'm not joking. Not saying I perticularly rate him but AVB might think Jenas suits his system, ability to go forward and back, has energy, not the worst finisher, could be hungry to get back in the team. He seems to tick boxes in what AVB likes in a player.

Castaignos is one i'd like us to take a chance on, purely based on the qualities I've seen in him at international youth level.
Inter are taking the tinkle though, demanding 6m for a player it seems they've given up on, half and it would be a gamble worth taking.
Loan would be useless for us, it's the player he has potential to become we should have interest in.

What went wrong?

Ripped apart Eredivisie as a youngster, got his big move to a top European club, featured in pre-season and I remember him scoring a cracking lobbed effort against Celtic in pre-season and then he hardly plays all year..

how much did Connor Wickham cost Sunderland, 10 mill or something stupid like that.....i think 5 to 6 mill for Castaignos is a risk we can afford

All very well coming up with statements like this but are we really going to be able to sign Moutinho given we can only pay 70k per week and arent in the CL? I would imagine that there will be plenty of clubs who want him given he's had a decent tournament and a number of clubs who can trump us financially. He's be a decent buy for either Manchester club, for Arse, Barca, maybe Real, Malaga would go for him, maybe a couple of the italians...

Well Atletico Madrid signed Falcao without CL football and i doubt they are paying him vasts amount of money a week and he is considered to be 1 of the best strikers in the world.

What went wrong?

Ripped apart Eredivisie as a youngster, got his big move to a top European club, featured in pre-season and I remember him scoring a cracking lobbed effort against Celtic in pre-season and then he hardly plays all year..

Probably a mix of not being ready, while Inter are struggling and in turmoil.
Castaignos has refused to go out on loan twice as well, failing to settle, I think he needs an environment he'll feel safer in.

Agreed, out scouting system is shocking. Look at Saudi Sportswashing Machine's and Southampton's

The Saudi Sportswashing Machine scout that found a lot of the Saudi Sportswashing Machine gems was originally on our books im given to understand? Maybe wrong though.

The Saudi Sportswashing Machine scout that found a lot of the Saudi Sportswashing Machine gems was originally on our books im given to understand? Maybe wrong though.

Yeah, Graham Carr (father of Alan Carr). Left early 2010.

?? thats it?

:)

i really havent got time to go into depth what his strengths/weaknesses are

I pointed out Castaignos because it seems Inter are prepared to let him go, i saw the article and thought id post it here.....im sure there are other young players with potential out there, but how many are available

Yeah, Graham Carr (father of Alan Carr). Left early 2010.

It really doesn't matter how good a scout we have you also have to have a chairman who is willing to take a risk on the players that scout finds. Everyone bangs on about these Saudi Sportswashing Machine signings as if they were complete unknowns cabaye had just won the league in France season before last cisse was second highest goal scorer in bundesliga Ben arfa was well known just low on confidence and they took a gamble, it's not so much finding these players as much as having the balls to buy them

Back