• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sorry forgot Ade. I'd take him instead of the 12m or him instead of Johnson.

The problem with taking just about ANY Emirates Marketing Project player is the wages. Emirates Marketing Project's top wage is about FOUR times ours. Even their lesser players earn more than our highest wage. It makes taking their players impossible unless the player REALLY wants to play every week or Emirates Marketing Project subsidise the wage (which I assume isn't something they want to do with the FFP stuff coming up).

Personally I think the time is right to sell Modric this Summer. I would offer him a new deal first at whatever our top wage ceiling is and if he will not sign it then sell him early enough in the window and if possible sell him overseas (even for a slightly reduced price compared to what we would get for him from an English club).

The problem with taking just about ANY Emirates Marketing Project player is the wages. Emirates Marketing Project's top wage is about FOUR times ours. Even their lesser players earn more than our highest wage. It makes taking their players impossible unless the player REALLY wants to play every week or Emirates Marketing Project subsidise the wage (which I assume isn't something they want to do with the FFP stuff coming up).

Personally I think the time is right to sell Modric this Summer. I would offer him a new deal first at whatever our top wage ceiling is and if he will not sign it then sell him early enough in the window and if possible sell him overseas (even for a slightly reduced price compared to what we would get for him from an English club).

very sensible

If any of those clubs think they're unrealistic they can quite happily fudge off

Exactly.

Not sure if you guys are saying that it's unrealistic to get those players to sign for us (I can see that for some of them) or unrealistic to get the clubs to pay that much (I can see that argument as well).

As far as players accepting I think it's borderline. As far as value, well, that's what I would be happy with. He has 4 years left on his contract we shouldn't sell him for anything we wouldn't be happy with. If those clubs say "that's just too much" I would be happy with that too.

Modric is a very rare player and player type, if Mancini or a Chelsea manager think that he is the player they need to push on to the next level there aren't many similar option available and I wouldn't be shocked if a truly massive bid came in for him.

For Luka i'd accept the following (REALISTIC) deals from each club that are interested:

Man United = Cleverley and 28m

Chelsea = Lukaku or Sturridge and 25m

Emirates Marketing Project = Richards, Johnson and 12m

every one of those are bad deals to me save for the lukaku option where i would raise the cash fee to about 30 to 35 million
i can see where you're going with this..i.e addrssing our squad needs plus getting some cash...but no, if we lose modric i want someone thats as good as him at controlling the field at the very least...

It's one thing to keep Modric against his will for a season, but you can't do it year on year it's ridiculous. It's unfair on him, unfair on the players who do actually want to be here and its only going to end up having a detrimental effect at some point. If he doesn't want to commit to new improved contract, then get rid whilst his stock his high.

Tottenham have been linked with a surprise move for Dutch veteran Clarence Seedorf.

The 36-year-old is leaving AC Milan on a free transfer this summer and has six offers from across the football world.

Sources close to the player claim at least one English club are keen to sign him, with reports in Brazil naming Tottenham as making an approach.

Sportsmail revealed last year that Emirates Marketing Project were keen to sign the midfielder, but he opted to stay at the San Siro for another season. The former Ajax man also has offers from USAÔÇÖs MLS, the United Arab Emirates, China and Brazil.

One of the offers from Asia is believed to be worth a whopping ?ú20million over three years, but SeedorfÔÇÖs representative Deborah Martin has insisted that money alone is not decisive.

She has been in Rio de Janeiro for talks with Botafogo, who are increasingly confident that they can secure his signature.

Seedorf, who was born in the South American country Suriname, has previously spoken of his desire to play in Brazil and is exploring how to a move to Botafogo could incorporate social and business projects in the run-up to the 2014 World Cup.

But his advisers have expressed concern at the case of Ronaldinho, who rescinded his contract with Flamengo after allegedly going unpaid millions of pounds over many months.

[-o<

Oh man GG is something today :ross::ross:

sure he exagerrated abit to prove his point but i do agree that cleverly hasnt done enough to warrant the hype. a very good player and i think he can play alot of different systems well, but he isnt as good as scholes is now, or modric....he's a more confident but less athletic Jenas...thats shouldnt mean though that he's worth a recognised starters fee.

btw , i rate modric at 40 million minimum and in truth i would expect 45 to 55 million to be the price that gets him IF , AND ONLY IF, levy wants to sell

Seriously, Nani is on crazy wages and in a recent quote said he was deciding whether to accept a new contract worth 130k a week! I think the Nani boat has long sailed (unless we get him on the way down)

...and he's a tit!

brick Michael Jackson...you're just a...etc etc

One of the classics! :mrgreen:

I would rather sell Modric for ?ú25m abroad to be honest, rather than strengthen our rivals!

Selling to a rival weakens us and strengthens them, doesnt make sense!

sure he exagerrated abit to prove his point but i do agree that cleverly hasnt done enough to warrant the hype. a very good player and i think he can play alot of different systems well, but he isnt as good as scholes is now, or modric....he's a more confident but less athletic Jenas...thats shouldnt mean though that he's worth a recognised starters fee.

btw , i rate modric at 40 million minimum and in truth i would expect 45 to 55 million to be the price that gets him IF , AND ONLY IF, levy wants to sell

Look AS livermore is a player i like and i'm happy he's here but cleverley is gonna be immense. Just you wait AS, just you wait.

Look AS livermore is a player i like and i'm happy he's here but cleverley is gonna be immense. Just you wait AS, just you wait.

you've obviously seen him more than i have..and to avoid another wellbeck fiasco ....give me tangibles. whats he good at and why? why couldnt he displace carrick for instance or scholes etc etc

For Luka i'd accept the following (REALISTIC) deals from each club that are interested:

Man United = Cleverley and 28m

Chelsea = Lukaku or Sturridge and 25m

Emirates Marketing Project = Richards, Johnson and 12m

Courtois man, Courtois

I'd pick up the call to Malaga though and check if they're interested, bankrolled CL club from best league in the world (?).
They'd offer Modric a contract he'd have to consider.

you've obviously seen him more than i have..and to avoid another wellbeck fiasco ....give me tangibles. whats he good at and why? why couldnt he displace carrick for instance or scholes etc etc

He was injured for the most part.

I've seen him for Wigan and not much for United tbh. What i saw was a player i instantly thought would make it for united (hell i even stated that we should sign him a few times on here). He's not like Scholes or carrick though. He bombs forward a lot and gets himself in good positions. He's a good passer too, there's just something about him that makes me think he's gonna be very good (much like Sigurddson who is gonna be immense imo).

Back