• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

But has never played in the Premier League and costs a lot more. I imagine they'll be used in a similar way. Dempsey is the smart buy, Willian is the Football Manager buy.o

Furthermore, Willian's price was £20 million +, I believe, not £15 million. Didn't Shakhtar turn down a £20m bid from Chelsea in January?

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

[video=youtube;1pmpUevJ_AA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pmpUevJ_AA[/video]

“If I ever see a spurs fan, I’m going to punch him/her in the face!”

Comment on the Liverpool Offside forum.

That is how much better this window has been for us than for them, yet people are ready to implode...

Imagine if we had a Liverpool deadline day...

Bloody hell, that video must have been done 6pm LATEST!! Annoying how long these things take to actually come out!

Furthermore, Willian's price was £20 million +, I believe, not £15 million. Didn't Shakhtar turn down a £20m bid from Chelsea in January?

They did. AVB wanted him badly.

Sorry but I find that last point highly disingenuous. AVB clearly wanted Willian, has tried before and repeatedly praised his qualities. And besides why are you comparing them? They are not comparable players, and I am sure Football Manager would tell you that so maybe it would help you.

You're right, but for the price Shaktak wanted, it was not worth it when compared to Dempsey. And I'm comparing the, because as I said, they will play a very similar role.

Dempsey is a good option, at least as good as we already have, a bargin price and is proven in premier league.

Liverpool fans must be seriously animated right now. Nothing on the final day, bet Rogers head is spinning.

Exactly, video taken in bright daylight.

Speaks decent english too, always a bonus.

The price comparison of Willain vs Dempsey is irrelevant in this case, imv - since we are talking about long-term value, not a few million saved on an older player

Anaway - it is what it is

The price comparison of Willain vs Dempsey is irrelevant in this case, imv - since we are talking about long-term value, not a few million saved on an older player

But willian might have seriously flopped and been sold for 8m in 2 years - the smart buy is Dempsey. Or rather less risky.

[video=youtube;1pmpUevJ_AA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pmpUevJ_AA[/video]
I note that the interview and photos taken in that video were all done in daylight, so was obviously done ages before they released confirmation.

But willian might have seriously flopped and been sold for 8m in 2 years - the smart buy is Dempsey. Or rather less risky.

Or he might have been our Cristiano Ronaldo for the next 6.

Considerable consolation is the fact we have Dembele - they formed a very good partnership last season

Back