• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Sorry :) If we get Mouthino I will be very happy with this window. But it bothers me some seem to get offended by the idea that there is a genuine debate about whether we are weaker or stronger. Fingers crossed the big one happens, because him and Lloris would be a fantastic last day for us. Dempsey is a good player, clearly not an obvious option but a realistic one who will at least offer some depth to a key area.

I'm curious as to how serious that debate is from some. A lot of doom mongering over not signing the players various posters wanted.

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Players Out:
Vedran Ćorluka - £5.5m
Sébastien Bassong - £4m
Niko Kranjčar - £5.5m
Steven Pienaar - £4.5m
Luka Modrić - £33m
Rafael van der Vaart - £10.3m
Giovani dos Santos - ?m

Total: £63.8m+

Players In:
Gylfi Sigurðsson - £8m
Jan Vertonghen - £8m
Emmanuel Adebayor - £5m
Moussa Dembélé - £15m
Clint Dempsey - £6m
Hugo Lloris - £8m

Total: £51.5m

Signings are decent. Could do with one more

Have we signed ANYONE AVB wants? That's what's worrying, he wanted mouthino, william, Leandro... Very worrying. Our manager needs backing, hope AVB is happy with this lot he's been dumped with.

Oh behave. Do you honestly think the manager only gives the chairman a couple of names? They'll have sat down together and decided on targets and options , first, second and even third choices.

I'm pretty happy with our window so far, I'm sad that Rafa has gone but he left with dignity with no sour feelings. Modric we knew was off and we all thought Ledders had played his last.

Players Out:
Vedran Ćorluka - £5.5m
Sébastien Bassong - £4m
Niko Kranjčar - £5.5m
Steven Pienaar - £4.5m
Luka Modrić - £33m
Rafael van der Vaart - £10.3m
Giovani dos Santos - ?m

Total: £63.8m+

Players In:
Gylfi Sigurðsson - £8m
Jan Vertonghen - £8m
Emmanuel Adebayor - £5m
Moussa Dembélé - £15m
Clint Dempsey - £6m
Hugo Lloris - £8m

Total: £51.5m

GDS was 1m with a 50% sell on fee

the way i see it we have replaced Modric, VdV and King with Dembele, Sigurdsson and Vertonghen. 3 downgrades i guess you could argue but with all 3 being younger there is potential to improve to a higher level and be molded in to the managers style

Dempsey looks as though he could be cover for Bale/Lennon as well as Ade and Sigurdsson if needs be - poor timing of the transfer but once the dust settles i think most people will see that as a good piece of business.

Lloris not particularly a direct replacement for any outgoings but will be our new number 1 and give us and excellent cover option in Freidel

Disagree, panic buy for me is something that you don't really want but you need something so it'll have to do. That's Dempsey. He may well turn out to be awesome and score the winning goal in the FA Cup final or something, if he does I'll gladly eat my hat. I just can't get excited about a player like him joining us, he's been at Fulham for what 4/5 years and not one top side has shown interest in him. #unimpressed

Hashtagging a post on gg??!!

We'll have to agree to disagree.

We have resumed talks with Moutinho according to SSN

Why are people still writing about fudging Hugo, 3 hours after the deal was done

Where's Moutinho FFS?

But has never played in the Premier League and costs a lot more. I imagine they'll be used in a similar way. Dempsey is the smart buy, Willian is the Football Manager buy.o

Yup, far too much FM based arguing in here now.

Brilliant comment on Bindippers in The Guardian..."If Luis Suarez is injured/racist, then they could be in trouble..."

:ross:

But has never played in the Premier League and costs a lot more. I imagine they'll be used in a similar way. Dempsey is the smart buy, Willian is the Football Manager buy.o

Sorry but I find that last point highly disingenuous. AVB clearly wanted Willian, has tried before and repeatedly praised his qualities. And besides why are you comparing them? They are not comparable players, and I am sure Football Manager would tell you that so maybe it would help you.

I'm tired - this is too much late transfer activity - even for us!

Nighy night ladies...

I'm curious as to how serious that debate is from some. A lot of doom mongering over not signing the players various posters wanted.

No doubt that is true, but that does not invalidate my point.

Out of interest, how many times do people reckon they've checked this thread today? A worrying worryingly large amount.

All good fun though, thanks to everyone whose posted info, correct or not

“If I ever see a spurs fan, I’m going to punch him/her in the face!”

Comment on the Liverpool Offside forum.

Back