• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Makes us better stacked up front than with Ade and Pav or Ade and Saha too.

Indeed...wonder if we agreed to sit off Berbatov return in exchange? It appears that our transfer relations with Fulham have been excellent...BMJ still loves us I suppose.He used up his time and was certainly a bit greedy with us, but deep down it's nice to think he still loves us...

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

jimmyb, RE your post a couple of pages back, I do appreciate that Dempsey would have been on a list and now we've moved for him, but it just leaves me thinking...what would we have done if Liverpool didn't mess it up with him? Who would have been the option even below him?

Which also leaves me wondering what Pool fans are thinking!! Cannot be happy right now.

Players Out:
Vedran Ćorluka - £5.5m
Sébastien Bassong - £4m
Niko Kranjčar - £5.5m
Steven Pienaar - £4.5m
Luka Modrić - £33m
Rafael van der Vaart - £10.3m
Giovani dos Santos - ?m

Total: £63.8m+

Players In:
Gylfi Sigurðsson - £8m
Jan Vertonghen - £8m
Emmanuel Adebayor - £5m
Moussa Dembélé - £15m
Clint Dempsey - £6m
Hugo Lloris - £8m

Total: £51.5m

Can someone explain to me the correlation between Moutinho and Dempsey please? Because I don't see it.....

None.

We couldn't get Llorente so we went for Dempsey.

Have we signed ANYONE AVB wants? That's what's worrying, he wanted mouthino, william, Leandro... Very worrying. Our manager needs backing, hope AVB is happy with this lot he's been dumped with.

Hope he doesn't do a Ramos, and gets tinkled off and tries to get the sack

No idea, norwegian telly was reporting live from outside the lodge, when a helicopter was apparently going in for landing.

There was a helicopter, where it was landing there was no telling from what I could hear/see.

Drama though, massive drama.

Have we signed ANYONE AVB wants? That's what's worrying, he wanted mouthino, william, Leandro... Very worrying. Our manager needs backing, hope AVB is happy with this lot he's been dumped with.

All the players we have signed have been players AVB wanted.

People seem to be forgetting that Dempsey and Dembele played for the same club and have a good understanding.

There's a huge difference between panic buy and second or third option.

Disagree, panic buy for me is something that you don't really want but you need something so it'll have to do. That's Dempsey. He may well turn out to be awesome and score the winning goal in the FA Cup final or something, if he does I'll gladly eat my hat. I just can't get excited about a player like him joining us, he's been at Fulham for what 4/5 years and not one top side has shown interest in him. #unimpressed

I would agree for sure but had Dempsey gone to Livepool we would have been down to 3rd or 4th???

Perhaps we had another option on the same level but Dempsey was easier or cheaper???

Sorry :) If we get Mouthino I will be very happy with this window. But it bothers me some seem to get offended by the idea that there is a genuine debate about whether we are weaker or stronger. Fingers crossed the big one happens, because him and Lloris would be a fantastic last day for us. Dempsey is a good player, clearly not an obvious option but a realistic one who will at least offer some depth to a key area.

No worries at all mate, I'm personally finding being a screen glued thread watcher is tiring to the max and as such doing weird things to my head!

If Moutinho does actually sign they need to make a film of it. Endless negotiations, Joao casually boarding a plane to his next game then it's hijacked by Levy, Steffan Freund and a groundsman that everyone thinks is a bit mental. Levy then turns that mutha round to London City, drugs the Portugese squad and gets Joao to sign while holding a gun to his head. It shall be called:

'Joao did I get here?'

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial
We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Olympique Lyonnais for the transfer of goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.

\o/

there isnt any

Thanks.

So why are people banging on like Dempsey is the back up option for not getting Moutinho? They aren't related in the slightest....

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial
We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Olympique Lyonnais for the transfer of goalkeeper Hugo Lloris

Back