• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what would be your thoughts if we do not get rid of Jenas or Bentley whether it be loan or perm this window?

depression_istock_000004741362xsmall.jpg

Rodgers on Sahin latest

Brendan Rodgers expects to discover in the next 24 hours whether Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin will join Liverpool on loan.

The manager was asked about a potential move in his press conference following the 1-0 victory over Hearts.

He said: "Hopefully in the next 24 hours we'll get some confirmation on that.

"It's quite far [along the line]. He's a very good footballer."

Lots of twitter rumours tonight that Sahin has indeed choosen Liverpool instead of Arsenal

The twitter rumours appear to be based on the fact that Arsenal want a buyout clause.

Now i'm just going from what i've read on here, but Sahin is a better Joe Allen right? Which would make the fact that they have Allen a bit laughable.

I'm amazed that apparently experienced Spurs fans are speaking with such degrees of certainty about events to come (or not) in the next week.
The only certainty is that no-one here knows for sure.

Yeah.

If you leave out Lucas the Scousers will cry.

A long season. Maybe they'll play:

................Borini......................
........Suarez.........Gerrard.........
.........Allen..........Sahin..............
..................Lucas......................
Enrique.........................Johnson
...........Skrtl..........Agger
....................Reina

Fair enough.

It plays well with the fact that they don't really have any wingers (Apart from sterling).

Fair enough.

It plays well with the fact that they don't really have any wingers (Apart from sterling).

Enrique and Johnson will provide the width. Gerrard can quite easily move out to the right where he has played in the past, he has an amazing cross on him too as we all know, plus Suarez likes to go wide too.

I have to agree with AdamB on this. If anyone thinks that we are going to sign a top quality player for £20plus million they are in cloud cookoo land.

Much as I would love it to be true. These guys just wouldnt come to us anyway - we dont pay top dollar, we dont have CL and we dont pay top wages. Why would a top player join us? Would you?

Why? We have already gone so high as £16m (some years ago now) why wouldnt we go an extra few million?

Particularly in this example where we are looking at getting the better part of £40m from Madrid and have Moutinho very keen on joining.

I think it is quite possible, certainly some way away from "cloud cuckoo land"

Serious fears Liverbrick will finish above us with that line-up!

Errrr.............why the fudge are we discussing Liverpool formations in OUR transfer thread?

You lot have no discipline.

I'm amazed that apparently experienced Spurs fans are speaking with such degrees of certainty about events to come (or not) in the next week.
The only certainty is that no-one here knows for sure.

Couldn't of put it better myself wonder how everyone's gonna be feeling next Friday evening? I personally think everyone's getting ahead of themselves iirc we signed Parker on deadline day last summer which had been known for a while but wasn't everyone absolutely adamant levy would pull out someone else for us? Then nothing. Just take everything with a pinch of salt and don't get to ahead of ourselves. ATM if avb says no more strikers I'm inclined to believe him

Why? We have already gone so high as £16m (some years ago now) why wouldnt we go an extra few million?

Particularly in this example where we are looking at getting the better part of £40m from Madrid and have Moutinho very keen on joining.

I answered that already. Even assuming we were somehow to bid £20m plus for a player. Without CL, and without paying top wages - just why would someone join us.

Take off your Spurs rosetinted for a moment and again I ask you - would you come to Spurs if you were a CL quality player already? If so - why?

For me it's partly who our chairman is (who I do like) and partly because we're trying to finance a new stadium.

Levy's preferred targets are players who have started to establish themselves but not fully established and cost between say £7m and £15m-ish. That way there is scope for them to develop more and their value increase. Paying £20m - £30m leaves no upside (realistically) in transfer value.

Throw in the new stadium and I really can't see us pay £20m plus this window for one player

Back