• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

True, and maybe his Man U experience will make him think twice.

Hes one I really want us to get, would hate for him to go any other of the big teams because he'd strengthen them all.....

He didnt settle in Manchester or Cardiff, it seems. We would keep him in London.

We have a young and progressive team, which might appeal to him more than a more established lot like City. He could fit in more.

We will of course offer good money, its not like we wouldnt. Its just that other clubs can offer more.

We are also a proven stepping stone to the like of Madrid, maybe he is looking ahead in those terms?

Then of course there is are the stadium and facilities etc...

I think we could sell him on a move, and I think we can get him. Its just whether or not we go for it and get it done, and whether reported interest from elsewhere is genuine and comes through.

Agree. But if we are going into a transfer battle for Zaha with City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool I dont see us coming out on top ....

Articles like that just strike as a click bait - link several big teams and you reach a bigger audience - are City going to looking at Zaha? Doubtful imo and Arsenal will probably be focussing on central midfield and defense before splurging on a WF, Liverpool would make sense but really the point is clubs linked to players in articles like this rarely have anything concrete to back it up

I know where you coming from but I’ve had it with it with lad!
He can’t even do the basics. Like a cross field pass he looks like a rabbit in the headlights!
It’s nothing personal he is just not good enough for a top side!
I now just want him gone!

Swap him for the likes of Kouyate of West Ham any day of the week!
Kouyate?.... Seriously? His passing is no better than Sissoko's (and probably even worse).

I was (again) quite baffled by some of the Sissoko criticism on Wednesday. I thought he played pretty well (certainly better than Wanyama). Pleased to see that I was on the same page as our glorious coach Pochettino in that :)

Selling Onomah would be a crazy thing to do IMO. He has bags of ability but needs time to develop in that tough central midfield role.

Personally not a fan but he wouldn't be first out of the door but I think if we were made a good offer with a sell on clause I would take it tbh

Isnt Zaha on over 120k a week at Palace? If so I don't think he will move to Spurs and accept anything less than that.

Kouyate?.... Seriously? His passing is no better than Sissoko's (and probably even worse).

I was (again) quite baffled by some of the Sissoko criticism on Wednesday. I thought he played pretty well (certainly better than Wanyama). Pleased to see that I was on the same page as our glorious coach Pochettino in that :)

I can’t keep backing the guy he is dreadful with very little chance of ever showing any improvement.
I thought we should all lay off him last year, but he is just horrible to watch.
Wanyama was also terrible but he has some credit in the bank.
Moussa is just not my cup of tea.

I dont know why this is written from a Liverpool angle, but figure a few of these might be on our radar

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/12-players-nearing-end-deals-12516847

Correa has always looked good when I've seen him and is quite Poch-like in the way he works hard, plus he's an Argie. He's not really the x-factor player we're looking for but I'd certainly take him coming in and Lamela leaving...he's kind of like Lamela with pace.

We have a long standing interest, with him (allegedly) keen to join in the past.

Could be we have a deal in the works as we speak, having sold him on the move already.

There are many reasons he might go for it, its not always just money.

We can offer a very good deal here and now, maybe he goes for it before other clubs firm up any interest?
The problem I see with Zaha is not so much the transfer fee (although that will be a bit problematic too), as it is his salary. He's on £120K/wk at Palace. Even if we raise everyone else's salary, the most we could offer him would be around £150K, which would be on par with what Eriksen and Kane will likely be making. We may be better off going for a David Neres. He's not going to be cheap either (Ajax rejected a 30 million euro bid from Dortmund, apparently), but he's not going to be £50-70 million either. £35 million might get him and we could have him on a £50-60K salary.

Correa has always looked good when I've seen him and is quite Poch-like in the way he works hard, plus he's an Argie. He's not really the x-factor player we're looking for but I'd certainly take him coming in and Lamela leaving...he's kind of like Lamela with pace.

You mean he turns around in circles and puts the ball onto his left foot all the time.

The problem I see with Zaha is not so much the transfer fee (although that will be a bit problematic too), as it is his salary. He's on £120K/wk at Palace. Even if we raise everyone else's salary, the most we could offer him would be around £150K, which would be on par with what Eriksen and Kane will likely be making. We may be better off going for a David Neres. He's not going to be cheap either (Ajax rejected a 30 million euro bid from Dortmund, apparently), but he's not going to be £50-70 million either. £35 million might get him and we could have him on a £50-60K salary.

Think we should actually go to Ajax and ask them if we can do an unofficial feeder club type of deal where by we get first dibs on their players. I like De Jong and De Ligt as well, Dolberg looks handy.

They all play in a style of play to what we like to do. I even wanted to get an Ajax inspired replica shirt that was doing the rounds on here a few months ago.

If Rose goes to United, the one I would like to see us get from them is Mata. He would take a lot of pressure off Eriksen in the creative department (possibly allowing him to drop deeper), he is a brilliant technical player, a great passer with a good engine and an eye for goal too. Would he now be considered home grown? I think we need some experience in our midfield and he would certainly tick that box.....and Mou doesn't appear too keen on him. Would potentially be great for us.

If Rose goes to United, the one I would like to see us get from them is Mata. He would take a lot of pressure off Eriksen in the creative department (possibly allowing him to drop deeper), he is a brilliant technical player, a great passer with a good engine and an eye for goal too. Would he now be considered home grown? I think we need some experience in our midfield and he would certainly tick that box.....and Mou doesn't appear too keen on him. Would potentially be great for us.

I agree he would be good cover, but I don't think he can up his work rate to fit in our team and signing any player from any of the top 6 teams could be a problem in terms of wages as they all pay big salaries and none would sell to us for anything less than silly money.

Why would you be baffled? It is what it is with Sissoko, unless he has a worldie of a performance he won’t get any praise on here....

I think Pochettino is probably just relieved not to see him stumbling, Frankenstein's-monster-like, into his own goal with the ball straight from the kick-off, as his own team-mates bounce off him like moths off a lumbering lightbulb. I know I am.

No, seriously, I'm kidding., he's ok.

Really, no. ...No.

Back