• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

People forget it’s World Cup year which means tired players, random World Cup stand out players and less time before the season

With our system and settled structure we are in a very very strong place for next season.... oh and a new ground

Nah, I doubt anyone in this discussion has forgotten that

We shall see my friend. I think he will for a variety of reasons, but Bale will have to take a wage cur which I think is possible, and if we got two strong seasons out of him I believe it would be enough to win a large large prize.

I also think Sissoko will remain with us TBH. This is going to be a very interesting window for sure...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Didn't Levy intimate at one of those fan forums that we were looking at Bale.

I see the argument that he would improve us. I am in the camp of him being to expensive and wanting to keep to our pattern of talented youngsters, but a Bale on fire in this team makes you wonder....

People forget it’s World Cup year which means tired players, random World Cup stand out players and less time before the season

With our system and settled structure we are in a very very strong place for next season.... oh and a new ground

Wont make much difference if we sign Italian or Dutch players.

Notice I did mention that we need to sign "superstars" or "big names" :)

Which is why I was trying to clarify my point, what with this coming off the back of a Bale discussion. I thought that we were, at least partially, likely to be in agreement.

I am not all that about Bale, but I do believe that we have to purchase a player who used to compete in that high levels. A player with champions league final or 3 league titles. A player like Davids. Imagine what he could do with this group of players.

Yes a players with a WINNERS mentality would/could help.

Yeah
I mean I my lifetime we have signed one Italian ... he was brick and 5 Dutch players (IIRC) of which one was a real success
And neither side is good at the moment
Davids and Van der Vaart right?

Note that Nicola Berti was mentioned by Paul Ince on the Golazzo Football Italia retrospective... at Inter Berti was known to be the party king of Serie A... and we signed him?!

Note that Nicola Berti was mentioned by Paul Ince on the Golazzo Football Italia retrospective... at Inter Berti was known to be the party king of Serie A... and we signed him?!

When Klinsmann got all those goals against Wimbledon in that dreadful season, Berti was outstanding.

Or we could sell Toby to Yanited for 60 million and get this guy. He'll be on lower wages than Martial too, and is 2 years younger. He'd cost a pretty penny, but he's being touted as a star in the making. His speed is also ridiculous: runs the 100 meters in 10.2 seconds.

That picture looks like the boxer Nicola Adams
He has a lot of dribbling skills and can cross, like Zaha mixed with Taraabt mixed with someone that can cross

Yeah
I mean I my lifetime we have signed one Italian ... he was brick and 5 Dutch players (IIRC) of which one was a real success
And neither side is good at the moment
Nicola Berti and Paulo Tramezzani are trying to decide whether it's better to be forgotten completely, or remembered for being brick...

Vorm has been a success in the role that he was signed for.

Berti was successful in having a great song.

Vorm has been a success in the role that he was signed for.

Berti was successful in having a great song.

Forgot about Vorm

Was thing of Metghod, Korstenn, Jansenn and David’s with VDV being the real success - he played his best football for us

And Italian wise I wise thing of Berti as I never saw tramezanni play when he was here

I disagree. If we hold onto the players that we want to and replace outgoing players with talented youngsters, we have a sustainable model that can win things.

Whatever option we choose, it will be tough because the teams we are competing against can massively outspend us. So we will always need a large slice of luck. But this option at least has the advantage of increasing our chances of having a tight unit, that buy into Poch's methods and won't bankrupt us.
As a whole I don’t see anyone saying we shouldn’t replace outgoing players with younger versions. But to have a genuine world class player in his prime, would make a difference. These players have won things, as good as Dele, Kane et al are they don’t have this experience and experience is massive. It doesnt have to be Bale, but just that someone would help us whilst still keeping that pool of youngsters....

Have to raise this ... the city team we finished above last season brought young players and ones that were unproven
They already had the proven world class players who have one big things in the game though. Who do we have? I’m not saying we need a massive influx of these players, but one could be a massive influence....

As a whole I don’t see anyone saying we shouldn’t replace outgoing players with younger versions. But to have a genuine world class player in his prime, would make a difference. These players have won things, as good as Dele, Kane et al are they don’t have this experience and experience is massive. It doesnt have to be Bale, but just that someone would help us whilst still keeping that pool of youngsters....

I'm not against but I can't see us being able to afford a signing like that unless they had injury or discipline issues that reduced their value. I'd also argue that we already have a world class player in his prime in Kane, with Eriksen not far behind.

Back