• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Stoke - Official match thread

Unnacceptable for a team that has top 4/6 aspirations

Agreed but we have to take in to account that this match was a dead rubber. These players have worked hard all year and clearly may have taken their foot off the gas.

Even as a fan today I am not stressed about the loss. I am just thinking about next season and hoping my faith in Poch bares fruition.

Actually there is a genuine positive from today: beat Hull next week and we'll have secured 6th in the league and EL footy. I'd have settled for that before the season started.

Agreed but we have to take in to account that this match was a dead rubber. These players have worked hard all year and clearly may have taken their foot off the gas.

Even as a fan today I am not stressed about the loss. I am just thinking about next season and hoping my faith in Poch bares fruition.

As I said to Scara, it was a dead rubber for Stoke too.

Actually there is a genuine positive from today: beat Hull next week and we'll have secured 6th in the league and EL footy. I'd have settled for that before the season started.

Not quite. Leave it to Dim to lose to Southampton and then beat Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

" "If he has one or two good seasons at Tottenham, Chelsea will be willing to pay a large sum to buy Chiriches.

"Mourinho says he has been aware of him since he was at Real Madrid." - Victor Becali, 2013.

Christ.

Wasn't that first quote from his agent? Switched on guy.

Why not play Yedlin at right back? He's played in the World Cup for Gods sake. What'have we got to lose !

Didn't think we were as bad as some of you are saying...

String of individual mistakes letting us down. Long ball, we're in complete control, but Chadli loses a header with himself and heads through the Stoke player who crosses it to an area where we're in control, but Vertonghen heads it into a danger area where Adam scored. Second goal, more of the same, control of the situation from a rather hopeful lofted ball. Dier can do one of two things, leave it or clear it. Getting a poor touch into Lloris is just bad.

Other end we weren't good enough, but got the ball into good areas, just failed to make it count.

Then of course Chiriches with the red when we looked capable of turning it around... Just terrible.

One of those days... One of those days that come around a lot more often when your back 4 is two centre backs by trade playing as full backs, your 4th choice "already-gone-in-the-summer" centre back and a goalkeeper strangely short on confidence by the looks of things.

Thought the players responded fairly well to going a man down. Most of them put a real shift in, but we also tried to attack and were a bit open at the back.

Lamela and Kane (second half) our best players, Dier and Vlad the worst.

Feel sorry for Pochettino. Can't wait for the summer, we need to do something about this squad.

It is a dead rubber for them too Scara. Still no excuse for getting battered by a team who most on here laugh at for being a long ball side that can't play.
The players need to care more but it'll take a long time to get rid of attitudes like our team has - the problem's been there for a generation.

Wasn't a dead rubber for Stoke - beating talented, southern teams is always really important to inbred northerners. It makes them feel better about being poor and ugly.

We are likely going to finish on 58 points, possibly 59 if we by some miracle scrape a draw against either Hull or Everton. I don't mind even if we finish on 41 points, but I do want to see effort and teamwork in every game. That is the mark by which I will judge if the team have improved this season or not.

They have failed miserably to vaunt that mark. Pathetically, even.

I recall your hatred for the bloke. I agree that Sherrwod did come across as a Bellend sometimes, but like Statto said
The stats do lie when you don't take a large enough sample.

In the same way Leicester must be the best team in the world if we take a sample size of 1 - they have a 100% win rate.

The stats do lie when you don't take a large enough sample.

In the same way Leicester must be the best team in the world if we take a sample size of 1 - they have a 100% win rate.

The question is though have we improved from last season? The answer is no, we haven't!

The players need to care more but it'll take a long time to get rid of attitudes like our team has - the problem's been there for a generation.

Wasn't a dead rubber for Stoke - beating talented, southern teams is always really important to inbred northerners. It makes them feel better about being poor and ugly.

ha

seriously though, we are never a dead rubber for anyone, whoever we play they are always up for it against Spurs

Back