• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Stoke - Official match thread

I can see Poch walking in the summer, especially with our transfer policy, as it stands.
I know managers / coaches wait to get pushed, for the payout, but I can easily see him jacking it in!
Bring on the chaos!

as has been said, shirt sales, maybe a profit flip, who knows

I don't think he was a factor in the Naughton deal, just that we were offered a decent price for a player who was never going to be a regular

Pretty much this. Dier/Chiriches is just as good cover as Naughton was. Yedlin was just a good opportunity for a player that may become good enough in the future. Can see us bring Fredericks into the squad and send Yedlin out on loan next season.

as has been said, shirt sales, maybe a profit flip, who knows

I don't think he was a factor in the Naughton deal, just that we were offered a decent price for a player who was never going to be a regular

Was it really worth weakening the team in January? Was the team not already weak enough without putting another hole in it because 'marketing'?

Dead rubber match. Not sure even Ferguson could have motivated our players for such a pointless match.

Still, would have been nice to wipe the toothless smiles from the faces of those inbred peasants.

It is a dead rubber for them too Scara. Still no excuse for getting battered by a team who most on here laugh at for being a long ball side that can't play.

I can see Poch walking in the summer, especially with our transfer policy, as it stands.
I know managers / coaches wait to get pushed, for the payout, but I can easily see him jacking it in!
Bring on the chaos!
You make it sound like he's got some sort of good pedigree. Pooches pressing game my arse

Bring on the chaos!

facepalm37.gif

Dead rubber match. Not sure even Ferguson could have motivated our players for such a pointless match.

Still, would have been nice to wipe the toothless smiles from the faces of those inbred peasants.
not acceptable though is it. we looked bad, like late 90's bad. Stoke absolutely smashed us to pieces. we looked like a clueless third division side on 3rd round cup day.
the games weren't dead rubber 6 games ago. we've been abysmal since Liverpool away in all honestly. I just don't understand whats happening.

i'm definitely a poch supporter but its really concerning. have the players simply stopped listening to him or what? the pressing vanished and now we look as planless as we did in avb's worst matches. we're heading south and fast. the only team in the league equally as bad as us at the moment is probably Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Was it really worth weakening the team in January? Was the team not already weak enough without putting another hole in it because 'marketing'?

you misunderstood, we didn't weaken the team (which is arguable as, let's face it, Naughton is crap) for marketing, the two are unrelated, we sold Naughton as we had Dier/Chiriches/Kaboul who can play RB but Walker will always start if fit

yedlin is irrelevent here

Pretty much this. Dier/Chiriches is just as good cover as Naughton was. Yedlin was just a good opportunity for a player that may become good enough in the future. Can see us bring Fredericks into the squad and send Yedlin out on loan next season.

No. Especially in the case of Chiriches, and the only reason we even had to play that man today was because Dier was forced out to right-back (where Arnautovic turned him inside out), because of the lack of a real backup RB. And I can't remember the number of times an RB bombing down the flank would have helped our attacking play, as opposed to Dier coming to a standstill roughly level with the edge of the penalty box and then swinging in deep crosses all the time.

Chiriches is nowhere near as good as naughton. naughton is a competent footballer, chiriches is simply abysmal; like stuart nethercott, kevin scott bad.

No. Especially in the case of Chiriches, and the only reason we even had to play that man today was because Dier was forced out to right-back (where Arnautovic turned him inside out), because of the lack of a real backup RB. And I can't remember the number of times an RB bombing down the flank would have helped our attacking play, as opposed to Dier coming to a standstill roughly level with the edge of the penalty box and then swinging in deep crosses all the time.

It has begun. Not long before the suggestions of bringing Naughton back start coming.

you misunderstood, we didn't weaken the team (which is arguable as, let's face it, Naughton is crap) for marketing, the two are unrelated, we sold Naughton as we had Dier/Chiriches/Kaboul who can play RB but Walker will always start if fit

yedlin is irrelevent here

Like I said, Dier, Fazio and Verts are literally the only reliable CBs we have. Shunting Dier out to RB means bringing in one of Kaboul or Chiriches, a terrible risk that people were aware of even in January (although Chiriches had a mini-renaissance after that, before reverting to form), and for what? Shifting out an RB for a marginal sum, an RB we could have done with (Naughton wasn't THAT bad, come on).

No one's suggesting that Naughton was a solution at RB. But he was better than the alternatives, which the last few games should have amply demonstrated to everyone.

Back