• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Spurs v Liverpool OMT ***

come on..its dissapointing loss to Liverpool who were jammy .we hit the post four times and should have had a penalty..
one of their players should have been sent off..on top of that our defending was ridiculous..in the first half.
how Porro does not understand that players will come in behind when there is a cross is ...well ..lost for words.
.unbelievable!
Did this player start his carreer as a defender??
Must be one of our most dissapointing games ever to lose after our gallant comeback.
How he doesn’t understand that players will target his side full stop i don’t get
He is a weak link defensively

Well said Ryan

On whether Diogo Jota should have been shown a red card: "Honestly, it's probably the clearest red card you will see on the football pitch. I need an explanation. It endangered the opponent, Skipp needs stitches and Jota has scored the goal when he shouldn't be on the pitch."

I wait with interest to see how much attention is paid to that point outside of the Spurs bubble

Yes. Would have liked to see less celebration and more interest in the potential for three points.

Still, for quite a bit of that match it was the Spurs I like to see.
I agree.
Though there's quite some mitigation in that they were celebrating Richarlison scoring his first League goal to equalise in injury time away at a club that we and he really dislike having come back from a position that looked near-irretrievable.
Most of us would have gone a little berserk!

Our issue wasn’t the lack of fight and guts in the first 20 mins - it was the lack of defensive quality from Porro, Dier and Romero - all three doing exactly what they are prone to doing on occasion.

We've been doing this all season though, we can't keep saying it's individuals mistakes. They need to be better organised.

I agree.
Though there's quite some mitigation in that they were celebrating Richarlison scoring his first League goal to equalise in injury time away at a club that we and he really dislike having come back from a position that looked near-irretrievable.
Most of us would have gone a little berserk!

I did.

Would like to see Royal and Davies at wing backs next week. Hopefully tighten up a bit at the back... If that's even possible with this squad
As it stands they are our best choices. I still think Porro can do a good job further forward as more of a winger, as his offensive qualities are undeniable. But in a 4-something setup as his defending, well, leaves a lot to be desired. Gareth Porro so to speak.

We have let in 57 goals this season. 6th highest in the division.
Ten of them in about 45 minutes in our last three games. We'd have two wins and a draw if these matches started in the 22nd minute, LOL.

Shame about that brainfart assist for Jota, otherwise we were very good, especially in the second half. Deserved so much more, but again margins weren't on our side.

Overall there's a lot of positivity to be taken from the last two matches, in terms of effort, fight and morale - despite the results, we showed that the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game was not a real reflection of the quality in the squad.

But there are serious issues for us to fix defensively, and we need a pretty big overhaul of the squad. We absolutely must keep Kane, even if he doesn't sign a new contract. And we need our new, permanent manager in quickly, to give him as much time as possible to work with the squad and transfers. We can't afford another Nuno appointment - we need our guy in as soon as we can when the season is over.

Struggling to get over this one. I've been a bit disconnected from us recently but I can't stand Liverpool and to get it back like that only to concede in such a ridiculous manner. Oh well at least its good to care again. Would have loved Richarlison hushing the c*nts to be the lasting memory of the game.

Like you say Porto is new so he's going to have a degree of a honeymoon period where the fans calibrate to his level.

Dier is a long established player at Spurs. We know what to expect from him.

Is it surprising that the likes of him and Sanchez etc gain less patience from the fan base?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Dier will always have his fanboys on here. GHod knows why. Not saying Grays is btw.

Back