• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs new investment

It happens, Abramovich ended Emirates deal with Chelsea after he took over because he didn't want Middle Eastern money in the club, not saying its the case at Spurs but it happens. There is also, according to someone I know a kind of covenant to keep the club in Jewish hands, regardless of the 5% match going fanbase (its much larger outside that, there is no coincidence of Levy- Sugar - Scholar. There is some writing about it, I will see if I can dig it out.

Anyway as I say, we might take their money, I don't see a place being made on the board for anyone though not because of religion but because of control, any mini investment that is not ownership likely to be dealt with as a "we will grow your investment" rather than a controlling interest IMO.

I also see, based on previous posts, zero chance of Rocky Dennis being allowed anywhere near the boardroom, her and her husband have terrible reputations here and in the Middle East, she is a grifter
Or was it simply because they found another sponsor willing to pay a higher fee?

Or was it simply because they found another sponsor willing to pay a higher fee?

Nope, I was a regular in their box as they were my biggest working partner at the time and he made it clear according to their Country Manager. They relented further down the line when they had another commercial director and then had another falling out with Etihad. But he was known for being prickly about the Arabs

It happens, Abramovich ended Emirates deal with Chelsea after he took over because he didn't want Middle Eastern money in the club, not saying its the case at Spurs but it happens. There is also, according to someone I know a kind of covenant to keep the club in Jewish hands, regardless of the 5% match going fanbase (its much larger outside that, there is no coincidence of Levy- Sugar - Scholar. There is some writing about it, I will see if I can dig it out.

Anyway as I say, we might take their money, I don't see a place being made on the board for anyone though not because of religion but because of control, any mini investment that is not ownership likely to be dealt with as a "we will grow your investment" rather than a controlling interest IMO.

I also see, based on previous posts, zero chance of Rocky Dennis being allowed anywhere near the boardroom, her and her husband have terrible reputations here and in the Middle East, she is a grifter
I doubt a minority investment would like you say get significant voting rights and I guess it remains to be seen as to what kind of investment this may or may not turn out to be.

With regards to the fan base I had read previously read the opposite and that it was thought that 10% of match goers were Jewish and less than that at 5% was thought to be the total in the greater fan base.

In terms of ownership without getting into nebulous grounds there is a pattern of Jewish financial success and acumen generally leading to the ownership of high profile businesses.

I doubt a minority investment would like you say get significant voting rights and I guess it remains to be seen as to what kind of investment this may or may not turn out to be.

With regards to the fan base I had read previously read the opposite and that it was thought that 10% of match goers were Jewish and less than that at 5% was thought to be the total in the greater fan base.

In terms of ownership without getting into nebulous grounds there is a pattern of Jewish financial success and acumen generally leading to the ownership of high profile businesses.
Of course and that also comes with Jews liking to work with Jews which means it gets passed on within circle. Arabs are the same, there is a new money trust thing with them which means they like to work in circles which TBH given the fact loads of Brits tried ripping off the UAE when it had new money I am not shocked at at all.

The proof will be in the eating as they say, time will tell

Thats all a bit weird isn't that we have to have Jewish owners. Im not sure i believe it.

Nope, I was a regular in their box as they were my biggest working partner at the time and he made it clear according to their Country Manager. They relented further down the line when they had another commercial director and then had another falling out with Etihad. But he was known for being prickly about the Arabs
Lives in Israel now doesn't he?

I would have thought the gooners would have as many Jewish supporters as we do.

I would have thought the gooners would have as many Jewish supporters as we do.
They do and have previously also had Jewish owners. I think even their current owners are Jewish. I honestly think the only reason we have thought to have such strong Jewish connections over and beyond the likes of Arsenal is because of Stamford Hill being so close and it's overtly Jewish inhabitants.

They do and have previously also had Jewish owners. I think even their current owners are Jewish. I honestly think the only reason we have thought to have such strong Jewish connections over and beyond the likes of Arsenal is because of Stamford Hill being so close and it's overtly Jewish inhabitants.

Its more than that, there is a HUGE and well documented history on Tottenham and Hale as areas which were massively Jewish areas and full of Jewish businesses, the club and area for a long time, post European persecution in Eastern Europe (pre WW1), was seen as a beacon of inclusivity and there was far more than 5% then (generally down to the ever shifting dynamic of football and fans). The club was also popular with fans in heavily Jewish populated areas like Aldgate and Whitechapel, again because it was felt a more inclusive environment for Jews than other clubs (this was even before what we saw in modern football with Chelsea and West Ham).

Arsenal started getting more Jewish fans under Chapman and when when Jewish immigrants got more money and defected to what was perceived a nicer area and posher club, we were seen as a working class Jews club and they were called émigrés. They reckon in the 30s onward we would have 10-15,000 Jews per game.

There is loads of historic references to it all, uproar to having Nazi Germany play at WHL etc so the history goes WAAAAAY deeper into history and roots than being just "the only reason".....not a dig BTW

Last edited:
zero chance of Rocky Dennis being allowed anywhere near the boardroom, her and her husband have terrible reputations
I didn't know who Rocky Dennis was, so I googled him and see he had facial deformities.
That's not a very pleasant thing to say to your mates in private, less so on a public message board where some readers will take offence.
Amanda Staveley was diagnosed with Huntingdon's disease 11 years ago, average life expectancy is 15 to 20 years.

I didn't know who Rocky Dennis was, so I googled him and see he had facial deformities.
That's not a very pleasant thing to say to your mates in private, less so on a public message board where some readers will take offence.
Amanda Staveley was diagnosed with Huntingdon's disease 11 years ago, average life expectancy is 15 to 20 years.

For the illness I have sympathy, but it doesn't cause deformity as popularly claimed, she has had massive levels of plastic surgery. She is also regarded as a properly horrible person so yes, feel sorry for her illness genuinely but not feeling guilt for the joke.

Back