• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs new investment

It's not going to keep going up indefinitely, though. At some point it will level out and then increase very incrementally, unless we make several big money signings all at once and don't sell anyone for any significant fee. But I think we already are at the "leveled out" point, what with the numerous signings we have made in the past few years that are still in the amortization phase. From this level I would expect a moderate increase that should keep us well within the rules and still allow us to spend.

I mentioned in a previous post that it will balance out. Ndombele leaving next summer will free up space etc...

But since the stadium was completed our spending has gone up dramatically. So our amortisation is going up quick (the players leaving are on a lot less amortisation than those coming in). New contracts also helps. Thinning the amortisation (remaining) over a longer period.

Seems a lot of prem clubs are going to need to try and find that balance this summer by selling players. We can still spend.

I mentioned in a previous post that it will balance out. Ndombele leaving next summer will free up space etc...

But since the stadium was completed our spending has gone up dramatically. So our amortisation is going up quick (the players leaving are on a lot less amortisation than those coming in). New contracts also helps. Thinning the amortisation (remaining) over a longer period.

Seems a lot of prem clubs are going to need to try and find that balance this summer by selling players. We can still spend.
I get what you're saying....

But as it's a percentage, the increasing income will allow for bigger spending without the percentage shifting.

I suppose the numbers will demonstrate this one way or another

I get what you're saying....

But as it's a percentage, the increasing income will allow for bigger spending without the percentage shifting.

I suppose the numbers will demonstrate this one way or another

Which increasing income? Our next financials won't have cl. Our domestic tv revenue has plateaued. We're still inceasing our concerts etc... but are limited in how many a year we can do. Hopefully our non domestic tv deals keep going up. If son leaves our commercial revenue will take a hit.

But yes we need to try and keep trying to keep increasing revenue. Hotel etc... should help.

You do realise that we made profits over the years due to ENIC's frugality and the lack of spend on the playing squad. To then credit them for not then taking that profit borne out of an undercooked squad out as a dividend is a bit of a back handed compliment.

It's their money, the timing of when/how they put it back in (and the effectiveness of that) is open for criticism, but the fact that they have (for 22+ years) put it all back in, means they have invested their own money (which is contrary to the narrative that the only money ENIC ever put in was original purchase price)

I agree that this ownership is risk adverse, I agree that the model inhibits our ability to compete at top level. I do not agree it's out of malice or lack of ambition (if they were happy, why bother looking for the additional investment, why bother with the cash injection a couple of years ago, why did the sales of our better players pretty much stop 10 years ago?)

I think in general ENIC/Levy play a very long game, based on raising the income level of the club to a point where we are more equipped to compete (and we are a hell of a lot closer to top, and further from bottom re income today) while (and yes, this is the piece that drives everyone crazy) being fiscally responsible (so the club itself is never at risk)

But this conversation has been done to death, this is just this months recycle of it ..
- It's a self sustaining model with all the limitations that brings (narrative is a little more nuanced that people make it out to be, see above)
- We do need additional investment to compete because clubs are still spending more than they make (this thread shows our ownership understands that)
- Most Spurs fans (admit or not) want a City/RA's Chelsea type owner that just throws money
- Odds are, the next owners are much more likely to be Glaziers vs. City type (and this is the piece that I've always objected to with the "anybody but ENIC" viewpoint)

I had someone today argue with me that why did we build the stadium… we’re not spending anymore
As I said to him, without the stadium we would be spending much less
What way do you want it…
But an issue remains that we have nation states now wanting their part of the game
We have us private equity wanting their share
We now have investors from other sports
We are one of the few clubs that haven’t changed hands in the last 10/20 years

Which increasing income? Our next financials won't have cl. Our domestic tv revenue has plateaued. We're still inceasing our concerts etc... but are limited in how many a year we can do. Hopefully our non domestic tv deals keep going up. If son leaves our commercial revenue will take a hit.

But yes we need to try and keep trying to keep increasing revenue. Hotel etc... should help.
Next year will have the Kane money to balance the CL drop. But that's a side point

As you were including amortization of players that were pre stadium move I'm inferring of the rises since then (with the obvious wonkiness of covid years).

We've certainly spent more....has that shifted the percentage dial. That metric gives us the answer.

Next year will have the Kane money to balance the CL drop. But that's a side point

As you were including amortization of players that were pre stadium move I'm inferring of the rises since then (with the obvious wonkiness of covid years).

We've certainly spent more....has that shifted the percentage dial. That metric gives us the answer.

Next financials kane will be added, but that is for the season gone, year ending june 30th 2024.

It's difficult to figure out what our percentage is (it was around 60%). Spurstalkshow estimates we have £120m wiggle room net. Football insider (according to spurstalkshow) estimates it to be £130m. I couldn't find the article.

All i'm saying is that even with new owners, our spending on players won't be that much higher. Even if they clear the debt.

Even if they invested £800m on shares. That might boost our turnover for 1 season. Then it settles back down and we still have to abide by the amortisation/wages/agents fees not exceeding the % of turnover.

A rich sugar daddy owner is not a magic bullet as Saudi Sportswashing Machine are finding out. Having to sell players.

Next financials kane will be added, but that is for the season gone, year ending june 30th 2024.

It's difficult to figure out what our percentage is (it was around 60%). Spurstalkshow estimates we have £120m wiggle room net. Football insider (according to spurstalkshow) estimates it to be £130m. I couldn't find the article.

All i'm saying is that even with new owners, our spending on players won't be that much higher. Even if they clear the debt.

Even if they invested £800m on shares. That might boost our turnover for 1 season. Then it settles back down and we still have to abide by the amortisation/wages/agents fees not exceeding the % of turnover.

A rich sugar daddy owner is not a magic bullet as Saudi Sportswashing Machine are finding out. Having to sell players.
I expect Saudi Sportswashing Machine will operate right the maximum allowed spending amount. We, traditionally, do not operate anywhere close to the limit.

Short on detail but the new spending rules have been agreed. Including a spending cap. Starts next season.

Not quite
It’s a trial of a few things but I believe the existing rules remain
There want to see the delta by comparing both systems
That to me opens everything up to grey areas again
Got to love the Non Binding status

Not quite
It’s a trial of a few things but I believe the existing rules remain
There want to see the delta by comparing both systems
That to me opens everything up to grey areas again
Got to love the Non Binding status

Seeing as the new rules weren't meant to come in till the season after. It makes sense i guess.

Seems you have to treat some chairmen like babies as they can't grasp rules.

Seeing as the new rules weren't meant to come in till the season after. It makes sense i guess.

Seems you have to treat some chairmen like babies as they can't grasp rules.
It’s countries don’t forget or “sovereign states”

Back