• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Never seen the term either, but took the chance of a Google search šŸ˜‚
It makes sense once explained , but online can be such a weird place that I don't take any chances any more.
Not since I went amazon to buy a Peggy Lee CD and auto complete came up with "pegging for beginners".
Tell you, that put me off my lunch!

In the spirit of "what happened today" I was just stroking the cut on the top of my head and I remembered that on Tuesday night I went to the loo in a local pub and on the way out of said loo, I smacked my balding head off the doorframe and cut it. In a typically British manner I scuttled out of the pub and shyly felt the top of my head for damage.
It's 2024, I'm only 6'1", is it too much to ask to raise the height of a doorway?
Since I started balding about 6 years ago I've become HUGELY more susceptible to feeling cold i.e. most people have a big furry hat fitted to their head, nowadays I just have a large vent and am cold for 75% of the year.
Secondly I've become much more likely to bash my head. Happens several times per year. Perhaps because hair acts as an early warning trigger to retract ones scalp before whacking it off the door frame. Perhaps because hair used to soften the blow and make the blow glancing and less impactful.
Hairy types will scoff, but one day you will understand.

Oh and on Wednesday I met with my IFA who says my wife and I are now just about wealthy enough to retire if we want to and "should" have enough money to last us until we are 100, if our investments (ISAs and Pensions) grow at 6% each year. So we will keep working for a bit more to ensure we are all cushty, and assuming our investments are still on the up, we are good to retire.

The working/industry standard is you can exploit 4% of your capital for income annually rather than 6%.

The https://www.plsa.co.uk/ is a terrific resource for thinking about finances in retirement.

The social side of retirement is even more important though - Iā€™m intending to tape down my hours before I stop completely in order to build up my non working lifestyle slowly.

It makes sense once explained , but online can be such a weird place that I don't take any chances any more.
Not since I went amazon to buy a Peggy Lee CD and auto complete came up with "pegging for beginners".
Tell you, that put me off my lunch!
Didnā€™t you think to yourself, ā€œIs that all there is to Peggingā€?

Ta, other than here and one modelling forum (plastic aircraft before there's any confusion) that's full of sad old gits like me I don't do online communities.
Had bad experiences on golf and photography ones many years ago and gave it up as a bad idea.

Ah memories of Airfix, Hummel and Revell plus a drawer full of little paint pots.

Attachments

• Compress_20240725_183852_2106.jpg
    Compress_20240725_183852_2106.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Compress_20240725_183852_2465.jpg
    Compress_20240725_183852_2465.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Compress_20240725_183852_2730.jpg
    Compress_20240725_183852_2730.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Compress_20240725_183852_2953.jpg
    Compress_20240725_183852_2953.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 13
That's fantastic looks very professional, I envy you having that. Do you just do airplanes? My son use to do it but he did military vehicles and tanks, yours is a far cry from me doing them on the kitchen table cover with old newspaper.
I've only attempt planes, I want to tackle tanks and vehicles, but I always find a plane I want to do first

Sofia to Istanbul overnight sleeper is on my list

I travelled from Macedonia (had been at a wedding) through to Istanbul by train. Stopped off in Thessaloniki. Recommend it, lovely city on the sea with big cafe culture. They used to make you get off the train and go through customs at the Turkish border, before re boarding the train. Bit of an arse at 4am!

Just checked MyChart to day to see if my appointment with hospital had been confirmed 6 weeks after my consultation with GP and I had a letter from glaucoma clinic written by Dr W Ho, I know they're short of doctors but this is ridiculous.
Then again, if it means you can travel forward in time, you might not have to wait as long as would otherwise be the case.

I just had a two week long vacation with my son at our cabin in Sweden. It was lovely. I had feared him just wanting to go back to mommy and there being lots of crying and so on - but it went fine! Phew! So relieved and happy about that. We had a blast together. It was just lovely. Gives me some hope for the time to come. :)

I just had a two week long vacation with my son at our cabin in Sweden. It was lovely. I had feared him just wanting to go back to mommy and there being lots of crying and so on - but it went fine! Phew! So relieved and happy about that. We had a blast together. It was just lovely. Gives me some hope for the time to come. :)
So the cabin's free is what I'm reading here. Where can I pick the keys up?

Just kidding. Delighted this went well for you. I can imagine some amount of anxiety building up before the event. The nuclear family is a thing of the past though.

So the cabin's free is what I'm reading here. Where can I pick the keys up?

Just kidding. Delighted this went well for you. I can imagine some amount of anxiety building up before the event. The nuclear family is a thing of the past though.

Haha, if only! Its a family place, so swarming with family in the summers. Over a 100 years old as well, so not particularly nice during winters!

Thanks, mate. Most parents in my son's school are still together, but I've got a few friends who are divorced. It happens, just didn't think it would happen to us, but alas. Life doesn't ever turn out the way one supposes, it seems. So let's see what the future has got in the locker. :)

Back