• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Haha, if only! Its a family place, so swarming with family in the summers. Over a 100 years old as well, so not particularly nice during winters!

Thanks, mate. Most parents in my son's school are still together, but I've got a few friends who are divorced. It happens, just didn't think it would happen to us, but alas. Life doesn't ever turn out the way one supposes, it seems. So let's see what the future has got in the locker. :)
It is not ideal but I suppose I could share if they are not too noisy.

Life has a way or throwing curve balls at you for sure. To quote an overused cliché, it's about finding slivers of joy. I would think of this trip with your son as the start of a new tradition. Family traditions are important and glue all the messy bits together IMHO.

It is not ideal but I suppose I could share if they are not too noisy.

Life has a way or throwing curve balls at you for sure. To quote an overused cliché, it's about finding slivers of joy. I would think of this trip with your son as the start of a new tradition. Family traditions are important and glue all the messy bits together IMHO.

It is indeed! That's partially why I was a bit nervous before just the two of us going. I've been there every summer since I was little (except for last summer when I had my meltdown) - trying to instill a sense of ownership of the place in him - and it seemed to work. He likes it there as well, and seems to enjoy the same stuff I loved as a kid being there. So that was lovely to see and experience. :)

It is indeed! That's partially why I was a bit nervous before just the two of us going. I've been there every summer since I was little (except for last summer when I had my meltdown) - trying to instill a sense of ownership of the place in him - and it seemed to work. He likes it there as well, and seems to enjoy the same stuff I loved as a kid being there. So that was lovely to see and experience. :)

Glad to hear that life is getting a bit better for you mate, always remember that tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life and go for it.:cool:

See the pond life have been on the streets again tonight, wearing balaclavas and attacking police outside a mosque in Sunderland.

Utter scum. It's a hate crime, they should all be locked up for life.

Just been to see a band called Northern Live
A northern Soul vans which is the music I listened to load in the last 20 years. My mum got me into it and she died last year so it was quite emotional hearing it all played live for the first time… but I loved it
Really odd hearing songs that never got played live here being so popular with the audience

Just been to see a band called Northern Live
A northern Soul vans which is the music I listened to load in the last 20 years. My mum got me into it and she died last year so it was quite emotional hearing it all played live for the first time… but I loved it
Really odd hearing songs that never got played live here being so popular with the audience
That twigged an old memory. I had an album years ago from a band called Rae and Christian - Northern Sulphuric Soul it was called. Great album which I had totally forgotten about (it is probably in my attic!)

Last edited:
Yesterday I drove all the way to Wales for a long weekend.
Arrived to find our neighbour was drying his Chelsea towel.
Told my son he’d be a bald fat ignorant 50 year old, and he was.

Today they left to go home to Sheffield (!)

And I noticed this sign at the shedIMG_8645.jpeg

Last edited:
I've just moved into my new place. Slept here for a few nights now. Being alone 50% of the time will take some getting used to, but I'm gonna get there. Finally upped the lithium dose as well, and the immensity of the negative thoughts seem to be diminishing quite a bit, which is a huge relief. Been fixing stuff in the apartment and getting it to look the way I want, lots of yellow everywhere, which cheers me up. And I've got a lovely view here! 5th floor in a building that's a bit above everything else around here, so that's nice. My son and I started making his room the way he wants it the other day, and he seems to be excited about it, which is another huge relief. Life goes on. This time last year I was sectioned and living in another world. fudging hell. Time might not heal everything, but it does change stuff. Looking a bit lighter now.

Now sat here waiting for a couple of Spurs friends to come over and watch the match. Can't wait for a new season to start. :)

What are the odds, and irony of Mike Lynchs yacht called Bayesian sinking tragically taking his life, while simultaneously his codefendent is separately killed whilst jogging?

The name of the yacht - Bayesian - is a theory of probability. A different way to measure probability that Lynch used to start Autonomy. A company Enic were involved with, and sold to HP for a gizalion dollars. Lynch just acquitted after 10 years fighting a court case against HP who alleged he’d cooked the books to overvalue his company.

One for the conspiracy theorists.

I've just moved into my new place. Slept here for a few nights now. Being alone 50% of the time will take some getting used to, but I'm gonna get there. Finally upped the lithium dose as well, and the immensity of the negative thoughts seem to be diminishing quite a bit, which is a huge relief. Been fixing stuff in the apartment and getting it to look the way I want, lots of yellow everywhere, which cheers me up. And I've got a lovely view here! 5th floor in a building that's a bit above everything else around here, so that's nice. My son and I started making his room the way he wants it the other day, and he seems to be excited about it, which is another huge relief. Life goes on. This time last year I was sectioned and living in another world. fudging hell. Time might not heal everything, but it does change stuff. Looking a bit lighter now.

Now sat here waiting for a couple of Spurs friends to come over and watch the match. Can't wait for a new season to start. :)
GHod bless you sunshine!

delboy had a strong look. Just wondering as you are from cold climes- what colour is your furcoat?

Sounds like you’re doing okay, buddy. Excellent stuff! And you’re never really alone…experience tells me that there’s always someone on here - whatever the time, day or night - willing to argue whether Deki deserves to start over Brennan.

Sounds like you’re doing okay, buddy. Excellent stuff! And you’re never really alone…experience tells me that there’s always someone on here - whatever the time, day or night - willing to argue whether Deki deserves to start over Brennan.

Thanks mate, I genuinely appreciate this place so much. Always nice to just get into the Spurs bubble and nerd around for a bit. :)

Fair play and great to hear all is good
It’s also great to hear someone come out of the other end of being treated for some challenges
Keep on being positive and keep on getting that time wit6 your son when you can. From your comments I get the impression he is a focal point of positivity and clearly that bond is super tight

Back