• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Should I put in some salted caramel and figs? Why do people have to fudge about with food?
Honestly black pudding and figs sound well nice. Maybe just the salt from the other part though.

Yeah a nice pan fried fig and black pudding soaking into a toasted sourdough maybe with a bit of chilli jam.

We’ll call it Diddys platter after its inventor.

Spent a very content two days lumberjacking around my cottage, two hours and a bit north of Toronto, on our forested lakeside lot. Chainsaw to take down small oak, ash and alder trees - less than six inch diameter trunks - hand snippers to trim thinner branches and take apart a very contentious juniper bush and yank out the roots. Fcukin' hate that plant. Oak's a bastard to deal with, too. A hardwood weed that just sprawls everywhere. Looking to clear some space to build a 16' x 10' foot auxiliary cabin next spring - workshop, hobby room, bunkie, whatever.

Did not speak to or even make eye contact with a single person while at the cottage. Brought all the food and drink to sustain myself over the visit. Great time to be there. Days after Labor Day weekend when many cottagers are focused on getting their kids back into school, themselves back into the work routine. The noisy teens aren't playing their crap music next door. Don't hear the yappy dog across the bay which barks relentlessly every time a family member goes swimming, no aquatic rodeo racket from 'bro dudes' on jet skis. Just the breeze in the trees - with Miles Davis on the boom box - and me quietly chopping wood - the chainsaw is electric - and prepping and painting the boat trailer before we pull the boat out of the lake and store it for the winter. Feel like I won a lottery.

Later, visiting my mother an hour away in long-term care (she's 97), I learned from a nurse where four pairs of Trumpeter Swans regularly nest near my cottage. They are the largest birds in Norfa Merica. Already laying plans to visit that lake next spring when they are at their liveliest and feistiest.

Back up in three weeks to begin closing up and enjoy the vibrant fall colours. Before that, a four day fishing adventure on the French River system which feeds into Georgian Bay. We'll be chasing pike, bass and pickerel. I love September.

So my wife had a freak accident last weekend, on a girl's trip abroad. Stepped on something sharp on the beach and severed all ligaments and nerves in her foot. Thankfully her very good friends took great care of her and helped her get home, but it's been a strenuous week to say the least. Back and forth to the airport/hospital, calling doctors and insurance, taking care of my wife, making sure the kids are fine, etc.

It's taken a massive toll on the both of us, mostly her of course, not knowing if she'll ever be able to run again, let alone walk properly. But it's heartbreaking for me too to see her suffer. And obviously the kids are affected too.

Surgery is scheduled for next week, and it's a complex procedure to stich her up again. We have confidence in the surgeons, but it's bloody hard work to keep the spirit up and hope for the best possible outcome. Overall a massively energy draining and bricky situation to be in, and I feel at times like I'm barely hanging in there.

I have taken time off work and we are getting great support from our parents and friends, but the biggest burden naturally falls on me. I don't think I've ever been as worn down as I feel now, and I can't wait for this brickshow to be over.

Spent a very content two days lumberjacking around my cottage, two hours and a bit north of Toronto, on our forested lakeside lot. Chainsaw to take down small oak, ash and alder trees - less than six inch diameter trunks - hand snippers to trim thinner branches and take apart a very contentious juniper bush and yank out the roots. Fcukin' hate that plant. Oak's a bastard to deal with, too. A hardwood weed that just sprawls everywhere. Looking to clear some space to build a 16' x 10' foot auxiliary cabin next spring - workshop, hobby room, bunkie, whatever.

Did not speak to or even make eye contact with a single person while at the cottage. Brought all the food and drink to sustain myself over the visit. Great time to be there. Days after Labor Day weekend when many cottagers are focused on getting their kids back into school, themselves back into the work routine. The noisy teens aren't playing their crap music next door. Don't hear the yappy dog across the bay which barks relentlessly every time a family member goes swimming, no aquatic rodeo racket from 'bro dudes' on jet skis. Just the breeze in the trees - with Miles Davis on the boom box - and me quietly chopping wood - the chainsaw is electric - and prepping and painting the boat trailer before we pull the boat out of the lake and store it for the winter. Feel like I won a lottery.

Later, visiting my mother an hour away in long-term care (she's 97), I learned from a nurse where four pairs of Trumpeter Swans regularly nest near my cottage. They are the largest birds in Norfa Merica. Already laying plans to visit that lake next spring when they are at their liveliest and feistiest.

Back up in three weeks to begin closing up and enjoy the vibrant fall colours. Before that, a four day fishing adventure on the French River system which feeds into Georgian Bay. We'll be chasing pike, bass and pickerel. I love September.

Envy you, nearest I get to mother nature is sitting in my daughters garden in Norfolk listening to bird sing and USAF jets flying over.

Envy you mate, we used to have a place in rual Brittany with 6 acres and LOTS of trees and you can not beat the smell of a chainsaw first thing in the morning. Miss it badly to be honest.

So my wife had a freak accident last weekend, on a girl's trip abroad. Stepped on something sharp on the beach and severed all ligaments and nerves in her foot. Thankfully her very good friends took great care of her and helped her get home, but it's been a strenuous week to say the least. Back and forth to the airport/hospital, calling doctors and insurance, taking care of my wife, making sure the kids are fine, etc.

It's taken a massive toll on the both of us, mostly her of course, not knowing if she'll ever be able to run again, let alone walk properly. But it's heartbreaking for me too to see her suffer. And obviously the kids are affected too.

Surgery is scheduled for next week, and it's a complex procedure to stich her up again. We have confidence in the surgeons, but it's bloody hard work to keep the spirit up and hope for the best possible outcome. Overall a massively energy draining and bricky situation to be in, and I feel at times like I'm barely hanging in there.

I have taken time off work and we are getting great support from our parents and friends, but the biggest burden naturally falls on me. I don't think I've ever been as worn down as I feel now, and I can't wait for this brickshow to be over.
fudging hell, man, that's rough! Best of luck with the procedure! Hope it goes well for your wife.

fudging hell, man, that's rough! Best of luck with the procedure! Hope it goes well for your wife.
Thank you! ❤️ Yeah it's a bricky situation, her bad luck was insane. We've come a little bit to terms with it all, but it's early days and still tough. Operation scheduled for tomorrow morning. Feeling a bit anxious. I just hope there won’t be any surprises for the surgeons when they open up the foot.

Thank you! ❤️ Yeah it's a bricky situation, her bad luck was insane. We've come a little bit to terms with it all, but it's early days and still tough. Operation scheduled for tomorrow morning. Feeling a bit anxious. I just hope there won’t be any surprises for the surgeons when they open up the foot.

Wishing her well and a successful outcome.

Hope it goes well mate.

Wishing her well and a successful outcome.
Hope it goes well mate.
Thank you all for your support and kind words! The procedure thankfully went as well as we could've hoped, and the suregon was very pleased with the outcome after operating for almost seven hours.

It's a massive relief for both of us, despite this only being the start of what will be a very long recovery period. But knowing the procedure went well and that she's now as well positioned for a full or near full recovery as she probably can be, is a big, big motivational boost. We know we can and will put in the hard work necessary in the months to come.

Thank you all for your support and kind words! The procedure thankfully went as well as we could've hoped, and the suregon was very pleased with the outcome after operating for almost seven hours.

It's a massive relief for both of us, despite this only being the start of what will be a very long recovery period. But knowing the procedure went well and that she's now as well positioned for a full or near full recovery as she probably can be, is a big, big motivational boost. We know we can and will put in the hard work necessary in the months to come.

Get on to your GP and local council to get Blue Badge if you have a car, it makes life a lot easier.

Back