• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

They are all a load of crap [ men and women] imo, its really not worth listening to them babble on earning money for talking about what most people can see with their own eyes. it was not so bad when there was a couple of them bur these panels are all gonad*s. IMO.

To the part I've bolded : And that's part of the problem. I wouldn't object if that were the case, as long as they were sufficiently knowledgeable and articulate. It's the closed-shop of elite-level (i.e. top league) players and ex-players that has led to the dearth of quality pundrity and why we have dinosaurs like Keane and Souness still on our screens. The standard of the men's v women's game might be levels apart but that doesn't mean a female player is unqualified to comment on the men's game. I've barely kicked a ball in my life, but I could give a better analysis of a game than some men I know.
I don't care whether they are male, female or even if they've played at a professional level - why not have a (decent) football journalist or analyst from time to time (might give a different perspective) - why not mix it up a bit.

And as for Joey Barton, let's not pretend he's giving a considered opinion of an individual commentator. He's a misogynist, racist taco.

Fottball journalist are a rare breed these days, TV only want "names" to comment on celebrities (players) or incidents. Even in what were the quality papers match reports rarely describe what went on in game and focus on what is said by competitors after the game

Brian and Angus might be two old geezers with an elite rhythm trio behind them, but they still rock harder than most new bands. It was tinkling down all evening, but Angus was still playing and running around like an 18 year old. Well, almost. Like Slash, his jumps don't have as much air anymore, but he knows that guitar inside out. Video screens replaced some of the old, practical effects, but there were still cannons, flames and a massive bell.

Even more annoying than being soaking wet was the guy in front of me who spent the whole concert filming the big screen. Not the guys running around on stage right in front of him, but footage of those guys shown on a screen.

Just got back for seeing Bruce Springsteen in Madrid last night, what a show. my old lady is a big fan of his but has never got to see him before now. he played for over 3 hours without a break[ finished playing after midnight] and you got the impression he would have liked to play on. It was at the Estadio Metropolitano stadium and the place was really rocking.

Damn! I'm not a big Springsteen fan by any stretch, but that sounds awesome! Must've been a lovely night out for you two. :)

Brian and Angus might be two old geezers with an elite rhythm trio behind them, but they still rock harder than most new bands. It was tinkling down all evening, but Angus was still playing and running around like an 18 year old. Well, almost. Like Slash, his jumps don't have as much air anymore, but he knows that guitar inside out. Video screens replaced some of the old, practical effects, but there were still cannons, flames and a massive bell.

Even more annoying than being soaking wet was the guy in front of me who spent the whole concert filming the big screen. Not the guys running around on stage right in front of him, but footage of those guys shown on a screen.

Those guys! I just dont get them. Had them even at Underworld, where most people dance. It's like the question "will I enjoy this show more while I'm at it or after I've been to it?" hasn't crossed their minds. Bizarre behavior. How old are those guys now? Must be over seventy?

Yes it was, to be honest its my old lady who really rates him but for me it was good to have another name of the bands i have been to see.
Never a hardcore fan, but Springsteen is an amazing entertainer with a huge catalogue of good songs.

Saw him for the first time in Oslo in 2007 - he played a three hour set, and me and my friends enjoyed it so much we drunkenly bought tickets for his gig the next day too. The amazing thing was how different the (three hour!) setlist the next day was. Never felt like the same show, but it was just as entertaining.

Fottball journalist are a rare breed these days, TV only want "names" to comment on celebrities (players) or incidents. Even in what were the quality papers match reports rarely describe what went on in game and focus on what is said by competitors after the game

Need more James Horncastle type people, he's a great writer and pundit. Surprised he wasn't hired.

Could somebody please stop with this ridiculous phase we're in !!

Now experts are asking whether milk is racist as part of a tax-payer funded research project into connections between milk and colonialism​

Could somebody please stop with this ridiculous phase we're in !!

Now experts are asking whether milk is racist as part of a tax-payer funded research project into connections between milk and colonialism​

The world has gone MAD, pity these guys have nothing else to do.

zNesPuC6Fpxv.gif

Back