• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

That for me is just huge and a brilliant story
We had good news today in that my wife doesn’t have skin cancer which we we told she did have
But now my wife is angry at the manner in which the consultant didn’t tell her enough info about some other things
Lesson learned… don’t go to the hospital with someone who works with Drs and Consultants for a living as they know when they are being fobbed off

Ah, that must be a massive relief! Glad to hear that, mate! Can definitely understand the frustration! It's incredible that people in the business of giving patience very important news can be so forgetful. But really glad to hear your wife is ok. :)

Ah, that must be a massive relief! Glad to hear that, mate! Can definitely understand the frustration! It's incredible that people in the business of giving patience very important news can be so forgetful. But really glad to hear your wife is ok. :)
She is fine and dandy
Still not happy with the doc though
I thought the doc was fine but what do I know

A bit of a distressing incident today. So we are on holiday, sitting in a taverna by the sea. There’s a small boat anchored about 100ft from the shore with a woman probably 20s or so and a younger girl - early teens I’d guess. The younger girl seems to be learning to swim, in the water with a life jacket on. Suddenly the wind really picked up, out of nowhere and the sea got extremely choppy and the girl in the sea in the life jacket was getting further and further away from the boat. The woman in the boat started shouting for help and two men from the taverna rushed into the sea and swam out to help. They got to the girl (who was never going to drown because of the life jacket but I assume was panicking) and one of the men then started to get into difficulties himself and was really struggling to get back to shore. People were yelling at him to relax and not panic. He made it back but was absolutely wrecked. Both men got a huge round off applause when they got back to shore but that one man was really, really done in. We were just leaving but I think the staff had called an ambulance for him. He seemed to perk up a bit and was coming round and I think he was OK. But it was a salutory lesson in the dangers of the sea. And also how brave those two men were to go to help. It felt very emotional watching them putting themselves in danger and then coming back to rounds of applause. Absolute heros in plain sight.

On the train to Edinburgh for the Paul weller at Edinburgh Castle concert tonight.
Will enjoy a few hours in Edinburgh first, some food and a beer before the concert.

Will be back in Edinburgh on Tuesday for a legends night with Gary mabbutt.
And I've got tickets for the ghost of white hart Lane at the Fringe early August.

Had a great time at the Gary mabbutt talk last night.
He really is such a nice chap 😁.
They held a raffle with prizes of a signed 91 replica top, two of this year's tops signed by the first team and two tickets for a stadium tour.
The girl sitting next to me won three of the prizes and but only accepted one of them an put the others back in.

I won this,

And also had Mabbs sign my 1984 eufa cup final programme.

All money raised went to diabetes uk.

Attachments

• Compress_20240717_150435_5654.jpg
    Compress_20240717_150435_5654.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Compress_20240717_150550_0323.jpg
    Compress_20240717_150550_0323.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20240717-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240717-WA0000.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20240717-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240717-WA0001.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
They held a raffle with prizes of a signed 91 replica top, two of this year's tops signed by the first team and two tickets for a stadium tour.
The girl sitting next to me won three of the prizes and but only accepted one of them an put the others back in.

I won this,

Nice to read there are some decent people about that can do the right thing.

I won this,

Brilliant mate, Met him on a couple of occasions Mabbs is a brilliant human being and always has time for the fans. Glad you had a great time.

I won this,

Nice pictures, you're towering over Mabbsy

Back