• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Just got back for seeing Bruce Springsteen in Madrid last night, what a show. my old lady is a big fan of his but has never got to see him before now. he played for over 3 hours without a break[ finished playing after midnight] and you got the impression he would have liked to play on. It was at the Estadio Metropolitano stadium and the place was really rocking.

Just got back for seeing Bruce Springsteen in Madrid last night, what a show. my old lady is a big fan of his but has never got to see him before now. he played for over 3 hours without a break[ finished playing after midnight] and you got the impression he would have liked to play on. It was at the Estadio Metropolitano stadium and the place was really rocking.

Mate saw him in hyde park. The police had to shut him off in the end because he was well past his time and the neighbours were complaining.

The thing is he will once in a blue moon say something that makes sense but he’s also a horrible piece of brick and a sexist pig. And I’m a big advocate of free speech but not when it’s clearly slander or just hateful nonsense to deliberately tinkle people off.

When has he ever said something that makes sense? He’s an absolutely nutter, and not in the cute sense. He’s a complete and utter scum winding up young men online, helping to make the world even worse than it already is.

When has he ever said something that makes sense? He’s an absolutely nutter, and not in the cute sense. He’s a complete and utter scum winding up young men online, helping to make the world even worse than it already is.

Not as bad as his brother though.

Well he’s not wrong when he talks about female pundits being on the panel to tick a box rather than being there on merit IMO. But his delivery makes him sound like the sexist pig that he is.

Well he’s not wrong when he talks about female pundits being on the panel to tick a box rather than being there on merit IMO. But his delivery makes him sound like the sexist pig that he is.

I gave up on listening to pundits and experts on football programmes years ago but my kids and grandkids have them on when I watch with them, I've not seen anything to make me change my opinion on them, the women on the panels seem to be trying so hard to be one of the "blokes", its probably hard for them to get pass that situation where they are just token representatives of their gender and demonstrating how inclusive the media is. After the England game lots of talk and excuses for team, manager and players but no one I saw wanted or bothered to say the bloody obvious point that Trippier is useless at LB and stops any attacking movement from the team, I'm not for crucifying players but what's the point in have these analysts if they can't identify issues.

So you don't believe in equal opportunities and to add to the insult don't think woman are there on merit. We're talking about the 'expert' laden world of football punditry FFS . The men set such a high bar. Roll eyes.

So you don't believe in equal opportunities and to add to the insult don't think woman are there on merit. We're talking about the 'expert' laden world of football punditry FFS . The men set such a high bar. Roll eyes.

I think it’s perfectly ok to say it a female pundit like Eni Aluko or Karen Carney is talking crap just like we would if Tim Sherwood said something idiotic. I also think it’s a legitimate viewpoint when ex players state that the standard of women’s football just isn’t as high as the men’s game. You wouldn’t get a league 2 player to be a pundit for a World Cup final. Re your final point, I’d agree some of the male pundits probably aren’t there on merit either. Sherwood for example. Or Jamie O’Hara. No idea how they’ve got to where they are.

Last edited:
Had a couple of light jogs, first transferring to a different flight at Oslo Airport and then to the train at Berlin Airport. Of course, having made it with time to spare both times we are now being delayed for unknown reasons. The train is absolutely packed with ACDC fans and the odd regular tourist. Standing room only for the next two hours.

I think it’s perfectly ok to say it a female pundit like Eni Aluko or Karen Carney is talking crap just like we would if Tim Sherwood said something idiotic. I also think it’s a legitimate viewpoint when ex players state that the standard of women’s football just isn’t as high as the men’s game. You wouldn’t get a league 2 player to be a pundit for a World Cup final. Re your final point, I’d agree some of the male pundits probably aren’t there on merit either. Sherwood for example. Or Jamie O’Hara. No idea how they’ve got to where they are.
To the part I've bolded : And that's part of the problem. I wouldn't object if that were the case, as long as they were sufficiently knowledgeable and articulate. It's the closed-shop of elite-level (i.e. top league) players and ex-players that has led to the dearth of quality pundrity and why we have dinosaurs like Keane and Souness still on our screens. The standard of the men's v women's game might be levels apart but that doesn't mean a female player is unqualified to comment on the men's game. I've barely kicked a ball in my life, but I could give a better analysis of a game than some men I know.
I don't care whether they are male, female or even if they've played at a professional level - why not have a (decent) football journalist or analyst from time to time (might give a different perspective) - why not mix it up a bit.

And as for Joey Barton, let's not pretend he's giving a considered opinion of an individual commentator. He's a misogynist, racist taco.

Do you think Eni Aluko is on the pundit panel because she is good and offers value for the viewers ??

Don't know, I don't see her on coverage in Japan. But seems weird to randomly pick out one woman to say every woman is just there to ticket a box.

It also seems incredibly offensive...choosing to ignore likely a whole lot of hard work to get where they are, dealing with arsehole men who don't think women should be on TV talking about men's football, dealing with threats of sexual violence and everything else that comes with their job.

Don't know, I don't see her on coverage in Japan. But seems weird to randomly pick out one woman to say every woman is just there to ticket a box.

It also seems incredibly offensive...choosing to ignore likely a whole lot of hard work to get where they are, dealing with arsehole men who don't think women should be on TV talking about men's football, dealing with threats of sexual violence and everything else that comes with their job.
As mentioned above some of the female pundits are superb, Emma Hayes for one
Aluko, everything she says is ridiculous or wrong and not just once, it's every single time

Do you think Eni Aluko is on the pundit panel because she is good and offers value for the viewers ??
You could replace Alukos name with a plethora of pundits names, male or female, and they should all sink or swim on their ability to do the job....of course that is all you are saying, aren't you?

You could replace Alukos name with a plethora of pundits names, male or female, and they should all sink or swim on their ability to do the job....of course that is all you are saying, aren't you?
If I'm honest a fair few should be scrapped from their cosy little panel
As somebody said above mix it up get some journalists

Of course it's ok to say anyone is talking crap as Stop! Hammer time BUT you agree with Bartons stance. He's has selective hearing when listening to punditry, there's poor punditry across the board. So why just pick on the woman? And double down with the 'box ticking' gonad*s.

Back