• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Twitter is the best of the social media applications and there will always be a place for it. Could be organised better to find the content you want to see in my opinion.

If he can get rid of bots and troll farms an we got purer individual expression and communications then that will make it more powerful.

On himself he is driven by clear vision of what needs to be done and can be done. Ultimately it is about taking humanity and maybe himself to a Mars Colony.

Hopefully its a one way ticket.

Musk buys twitter

Im torn on the guy, obviously a very intelligent gut, either in his own mind or buy surrounding himself with intelligent people, but I wonder about his actual intentions, is it the good of mankind or is it £££££

Why would he want twitter?

I think there’s a chance he wants to improve the level of debate and discourse on the platform. I’m not naive though and recognise he’s a businessman too. Ultimately I think he’s a positive influence on the planet despite saying some crazy things and switching from democrat to republican. As nonsensical as the democrats can be with their preachy, insincere moralising, they still believe in climate change and democracy which the republicans don’t. As much as I want the left to use more common sense, the right in America are batbrick crazy with their Qanon theories and “democrats eat babies” stuff.

Im more concerned that Musk believes Mars is a viable backup to Earth. There’s no air for a start, it’s 100 degrees below freezing, they have sandstorms that last for months. If we have the money and the time to terraform Mars into a sustainable planet for the human race, then surely we could plough that effort and resource into making Earth great again?

I think there’s a chance he wants to improve the level of debate and discourse on the platform. I’m not naive though and recognise he’s a businessman too. Ultimately I think he’s a positive influence on the planet despite saying some crazy things and switching from democrat to republican. As nonsensical as the democrats can be with their preachy, insincere moralising, they still believe in climate change and democracy which the republicans don’t. As much as I want the left to use more common sense, the right in America are batbrick crazy with their Qanon theories and “democrats eat babies” stuff.

Im more concerned that Musk believes Mars is a viable backup to Earth. There’s no air for a start, it’s 100 degrees below freezing, they have sandstorms that last for months. If we have the money and the time to terraform Mars into a sustainable planet for the human race, then surely we could plough that effort and resource into making Earth great again?

At the risk of sounding provincial.

Earth has been brick since 1962. The only way to make Earth habitable for civilised folk is For Elon to invest his entire fortune in Spurs and make Daniel his attorney when he fudges off to Mars.

I'm more concerned that Musk believes Mars is a viable backup to Earth. There’s no air for a start, it’s 100 degrees below freezing, they have sandstorms that last for months. If we have the money and the time to terraform Mars into a sustainable planet for the human race, then surely we could plough that effort and resource into making Earth great again?
THIS! Thank you. I've been saying this for years.
People are super worried the Earth might get a few degrees hotter... terraforming Mars is a billion times harder than fixing Earth.

THIS! Thank you. I've been saying this for years.
People are super worried the Earth might get a few degrees hotter... terraforming Mars is a billion times harder than fixing Earth.

Free marketing though isn't it and I suppose helps access loads of US funding that he feeds into tech which sneakily feeds into his other companies like Tesla.

Branson never wanted to achieve half his claims but never paid a penny for marketing for years, same with this bloke

Any news about the car?

Don't expect to see it again. Raised a complaint with the police, as they just said there's no CCTV, we give up.

They call the parking a "compound" but it's actually a field with a fence. With no CCTV.

Now its down to insurance to try and get a decent sum. Hard car to replace with low miles and a unique spec. But its just some metal at the end of the day.

Also raised a complaint with Luton Airport as they sell the parking under their name and don't tell you your car will be driven offside by a third company, into a less secure car park than the cheaper options. It's in the T&Cs but not on any of the other pages. Cheeky. Arguably a trades description issue. Of course, had no response from Luton Airport. Interestingly they are owned by the council. Would consider taking them or the parking firm to court if I have a case. Can see online others who've had similar experiences, paying for priority parking only for their car to be stolen.

Don't expect to see it again. Raised a complaint with the police, as they just said there's no CCTV, we give up.

They call the parking a "compound" but it's actually a field with a fence. With no CCTV.

Now its down to insurance to try and get a decent sum. Hard car to replace with low miles and a unique spec. But its just some metal at the end of the day.

Also raised a complaint with Luton Airport as they sell the parking under their name and don't tell you your car will be driven offside by a third company, into a less secure car park than the cheaper options. It's in the T&Cs but not on any of the other pages. Cheeky. Arguably a trades description issue. Of course, had no response from Luton Airport. Interestingly they are owned by the council. Would consider taking them or the parking firm to court if I have a case. Can see online others who've had similar experiences, paying for priority parking only for their car to be stolen.
Sorry to hear that. In Norway you'd have a very good case for legal action and they'd be screwed, as this would be a clear case of false marketing, even if they state it in the terms and conditions.

Told ya. They are a bunch of chancers. As I said:
These companies often just park the cars in a field 3 miles away and then bring them back just in time.

That sounds really bricky @SpurMeUp what utter cowboys. This won’t help you now but for you and others in future, I’ve used Purple Parking a few times and they’ve been great. More expensive but worth it for peace of mind. Covered car parks near the airport with CCTV.

Some of the reviews I’ve read have been horrendous for these smaller companies and yet they are endorsed by some airports themselves.

Parked my car in the station carpark Wednesday lunchtime last week as I had to go into the office in the afternoon. When I started it up upon my return that evening, it made an horrendously loud noise and a warning light came on on the dashboard. A look in the manual told me it was safe to drive, slowly, so I managed to get it home and next day booked it in to the garage - today being the earliest they could fit it in. They've just called me to say someone has sawn off the catalytic converter and done GHod knows what other damage. It's going to cost about £700 to put right :( which given it's an old car (2003), it's quite a lot vs its value. But still cheaper than a replacement car I guess.
Nowhere near as bad as having a top of the range car stolen from a secure carparking facility but I am nonetheless fuming. (Also at myself as I only drove because I was feeling too lazy to walk to the station).

Parked my car in the station carpark Wednesday lunchtime last week as I had to go into the office in the afternoon. When I started it up upon my return that evening, it made an horrendously loud noise and a warning light came on on the dashboard. A look in the manual told me it was safe to drive, slowly, so I managed to get it home and next day booked it in to the garage - today being the earliest they could fit it in. They've just called me to say someone has sawn off the catalytic converter and done GHod knows what other damage. It's going to cost about £700 to put right :( which given it's an old car (2003), it's quite a lot vs its value. But still cheaper than a replacement car I guess.
Nowhere near as bad as having a top of the range car stolen from a secure carparking facility but I am nonetheless fuming. (Also at myself as I only drove because I was feeling too lazy to walk to the station).

It's widespread for slightly older cars, and terrible. The metals in the older converters are precious. Contain platinium etc. Do you have an SUV? They either jack your car up and angle grind it off or just access it easily on SUVs. Its a lot money too. But maybe not worth claiming on insurance after the excess?

I'm sure you have some good karma coming your way.

It's widespread for slightly older cars, and terrible. The metals in the older converters are precious. Contain platinium etc. Do you have an SUV? They either jack your car up and angle grind it off or just access it easily on SUVs. Its a lot money too. But maybe not worth claiming on insurance after the excess?

I'm sure you have some good karma coming your way.

No, not an SUV. The garage said they would have jacked it up. I suppose the afternoon is fairly quiet in the carpark. Annoyingly as I was in a hurry I just parked in a pretty empty row of bays rather than faff about getting into a tighter but closer space as I would usually do, so I probably made it easier for them.
And yes, I need to look at the insurance and work out if the excess and loss of no claims is worth it. It's another insurance scam really as I'm sure they rely on people not claiming for those reasons.

...as I was in a hurry I just parked in a pretty empty row of bays rather than faff about getting into a tighter but closer space as I would usually do, so I probably made it easier for them.
I often park away from others, to avoid getting dents. I've never thought of that side effect of giving thieves access to jack the car up.
Any cameras in the car park?

Back