• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Simple poll: who do want managing Tottenham Hotspur FC next season?

Who do you want managung Tottenham Hotspur FC next season?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • Frank De Boer

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Cesare Prandelli

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Luciano Spaletti

• Eddie Howe

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Steve McClaren

• Rafa Benitez

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Harry Redknapp

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ABT = anyone but Tim. Very droll, but haven't TLA-monikered managers had their day? Or should we be considering Paolo di Canio? :)

Yep, I reckon if that was an option there would be a worrying trend towards it.... :-/

Surprising to me.

Who our manager will be next season is one of the Spurs related issues I care the most about right now. This season is essentially over, but there's a lot of potential for next season and most likely some good transfer deals available to be done come the summer. But the key to all that will be the managerial decision.

Surprising to me.

Who our manager will be next season is one of the Spurs related issues I care the most about right now. This season is essentially over, but there's a lot of potential for next season and most likely some good transfer deals available to be done come the summer. But the key to all that will be the managerial decision.

Yeah it's a very "un-me" type of comment but I feel I can validate it to some extent at least. I can probably give arguments on either side as to the pros and cons of each manager, and I'm not disputing that LVG is among the most attractive options for next season, but also I would like to see Timmy continue and be a success, as much as I'm still torn between my opinion on his qualities as a manager. Plus I'm sick of sacking managers, even though I've agreed with the previous 3or4 occupants being dismissed. It's just got to the point where I'm feeling a bit disillusioned even though I'm reassuring myself with our record against the lower 15 teams in the league and our obvious (if not constant, steady) improvement over the past 15 years in pretty much all areas plus our new stadium (date tbc).... I've got to the point where I miss Harry's plan A when it worked and even if I know we need a manager with a plan B (in the way that BR has adjusted tactics and formation to good effect - you can argue that Suarez makes it easier but he also had a Plan D for when Suarez is out of the team which has also reaped rewards) I also feel that I want to see beautiful football or a wonderfully talented match winning footballer. I don't care how we achieve that, I simply haven't enjoyed a lot our games this season and I want to feel unbeatable again like we have at times in previous seasons. Whoever is the manager, I don't care if they can deliver this.

Yep, I reckon if that was an option there would be a worrying trend towards it.... :-/

Agree, I feel my soul has been sucked from me. Nail in the coffin is both Liverpool and Everton doing well in the 25th Anniversary year. UTD winnng last year in Fergies retirement year, only for his team to drop 20pts+ of the pace this year. Things just are not sitting right for me. :|

A much better question to ask is who you'd take if LvG falls through.

I guess most would say Ancellotti, but it's by no means certain he'd be available/wants England again/would come to Spurs. If that's correct, then Levy would have a really tricky decision if it's not LvG.

Do you drop down and pick a 3rd or 4th choice candidate who you know would be below the tier of elites like LvG and CA? Do you then back that guy financially/emotionally/time-wise, knowing deep down that he's not really what you want? And how would that atmosphere undermine the whole mood around the new coach?

This is why I think all you guys hoping to see the back of TS need to be a bit concerned. Because if I was Levy and couldn't get LvG, and assuming Ancellotti isn't available, I wouldn't be happy with any of the other candidates. At which point, Sherwood becomes the obvious choice, because Levy wouldn't have to suffer the emotional upheaval of getting some 3rd-choice foreigner in and then worrying about having to sack him after he's spent £Xm. At least with Sherwood he'd be easy to sack, he wouldn't demand massive xfer funds, you already know the guy, he'd be a smooth transition over summer, he could be sold to the fans by Levy as "a brave experiment in promoting youth from within" etc. etc. etc.

That's why I think the only real candidates are LvG, Ancellotti and Sherwood. Rafa maybe if he suddenly become free. The rest of the field? I don't think any of them are going to happen.

in order of preference

MOURINHO
GUARDIOLA
LVG
FDB
DIEGO SIMEONE

in order of best of rest
POCHETTINO
BIELSA (even tho Pochettino is his under study, Poch has PL experience and I assume speaks better english
MARTINEZ
CAPELLO
ARRY!

Don't want Ancelotti, Klopp is over-rated and Benitez will get bullied by Mourinho.

Can anybody educated me on Favre? Whats his style? I know zero about him but his name keeps popping up

Last edited:
Back