• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Simple poll: who do want managing Tottenham Hotspur FC next season?

Who do you want managung Tottenham Hotspur FC next season?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • Frank De Boer

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Cesare Prandelli

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Luciano Spaletti

• Eddie Howe

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Steve McClaren

• Rafa Benitez

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Harry Redknapp

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Mods, please merge at end of season unto New Manager v.2. thread if necessary, but in the meantime, I thought i'd gauge the 'manager mood':

Simple choice - who do you want to be managing Sours next season (based on rumours and ramblings on this and other sites):

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind Bielsa myself but he's highly unlikely to come, just like Spaletti, so van Gaal is the best option at the moment.

LVG. He will inevitably end up falling out with Levy and leaving within 2-3 seasons but I feel like in that time he would implement a strong system in the playing squad and hopefully start changing some of their attitudes.

Actually wouldn't mind Benitez either if he wasn't allowed anywhere near buying players (he would obviously have to agree on who we bought though)

LvG would be the highest calibre manager we have ever appointed. If he is remotely interested in joining us, we have to make it happen. I think that who is currently in the job is immaterial when you are talking about a manager of LvG's experience, I would have binned any manager in the Premier League era for him.

I wouldn't mind Bielsa myself but he's highly unlikely to come, just like Spaletti, so van Gaal is the best option at the moment.

He was available (and free) in December when AVB was sacked. And there's a decent chance he would have accepted a short-ish term contract like the one Sherwood accepted if offered so the cost and risk would be reasonably low. He's also spent most of his career at lower paying leagues or clubs and wouldn't be on massive wages.

When we didn't go for him then when the circumstances were close to perfect I don't think we ever will.

Of these names I think LVG, Spaletti and Benitez might be worth a shot. Actually think Uwe Rösler is someone we should consider.

Think we've fallen too far behind now to get a real big name. Like the AVB appointment we will probably end up with another reject from a CL side. Or stick with Sherwood.

I don't trust Levy to make a good appointment anymore.

We missed the boat with Martinez and Rodgers so I just don't know now but I would like someone in that mould with a fair bit of experience in the prem.

I'd go for LVG right now at this moment in time.

If not I'd actually go for the best manager we've had in two decades, Harry Redknapp. *ducks for cover*

But I know that will never happen anyway. Hopefully LVG is a foregone conclusion. Hope he gets on well with Baldini, if he's still here, and gets the backing he needs.

well done for putting Eddie Howe in there=D>........Eddie Howes blue and white army. If not Eddie, LVG will just have to do i guess;)

Back