• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Set Pieces

Also begs the question as to why the crowd get excited when we get a pen

Also it's simple.

Near post. Back post and block the keeper. Do that every corner and let the likes of Dawson ATTACK the effing corners.

We're now one of just 5 clubs (along with Norwich, Swansea, Stoke and Saudi Sportswashing Machine) yet to score from a corner so far this season...

@GaryLineker: Tottenham could do with a player like Caulker. Strong central defender who scores goals.

@OptaJoe: 2 - Steven Caulker has now scored as many goals in 10 Premier League apps for Cardiff as he did in 44 for Spurs/Swansea. Mature.

@OptaJoe: 1 - That was the first goal Swansea have conceded from a corner this season; only Chelsea, Everton & West Ham are yet to let one in. Drill.

Short corners don't work unless you have Teddy Sheringham in your team. Don't see the point of bringing all the big units forward only to play it short.

Is there anything more frustrating than seeing a corner hit the first man? I can't believe how often it happens in professional football.

I think Holtby put in a couple of decent ones today, the problem is the way we (don't) attack them imo

@Squawka: QUESTION 4: Which Premier League team has taken the most corners this season?
@Squawka: CLUE: Liverpool are second with 69 corners taken and Spurs are third with 68.
@Squawka: ANSWER 4: Emirates Marketing Project have taken the most corners in the Premier League this season with 73.

4 goals from corners: Emirates Marketing Project, Cardiff, Fulham.
3 goals from corners: Southampton, WBA.
2 goals from corners: Liverpool, Everton, Sunderland, Palace.
1 goal from corners: Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU, Villa, Hull, West Ham.
0 goals from corners: Spurs, Norwich, Swansea, Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

http://www.squawka.com/football-tea...lish-barclays-premier-league|season-2013/2014

@Squawka: QUESTION 4: Which Premier League team has taken the most corners this season?
@Squawka: CLUE: Liverpool are second with 69 corners taken and Spurs are third with 68.
@Squawka: ANSWER 4: Emirates Marketing Project have taken the most corners in the Premier League this season with 73.

4 goals from corners: Emirates Marketing Project, Cardiff, Fulham.
3 goals from corners: Southampton, WBA.
2 goals from corners: Liverpool, Everton, Sunderland, Palace.
1 goal from corners: Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU, Villa, Hull, West Ham.
0 goals from corners: Spurs, Norwich, Swansea, Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

http://www.squawka.com/football-tea...lish-barclays-premier-league|season-2013/2014

Yikes!!! Nothing from 68 corners.

Anybody know how many we have conceded and how many goals against?

We've scored zero from 68 corners. Does anyone know how many times we've even got in an attempt at goal from our 68 corners? I imagine about 7 vaguely goalbound efforts :D

We've scored zero from 68 corners. Does anyone know how many times we've even got in an attempt at goal from our 68 corners? I imagine about 7 vaguely goalbound efforts :D

I can't remember going close recently. But we ain't scoring from open play full stop so the stat will change as the season wears on.

Kaboul or Caulker were the only players I ever fancied to score at corners.

Younes is an animal from corners. When he is back and fully fit I fancy him to get one from a set piece......super imposing in the opposition penalty area.

Who knows but the corner stats for all teams would indicate that the just sticking it in the box is a low percentage option at best. Surely the coaches need to get a bit more creative on corners. Think outside the box :-"

Who knows but the corner stats for all teams would indicate that the just sticking it in the box is a low percentage option at best. Surely the coaches need to get a bit more creative on corners. Think outside the box :-"

Like what you did there!

Just about anything would be better than what we are doing at present :(

We got a grand total of 3 goals from corners in the league last season (compared to 15 scored by ManU) and afaik the last of those was Dawson' header against Reading back in January :-k

In addition to not scoring from any corners, we're also 1 of 7 clubs yet to score from a free-kick (direct or crossed) so far this season:

4 goals from free-kicks: Emirates Marketing Project.
3 goals from free-kicks: Chelsea, ManU.
2 goals from free-kicks: Arsenal, Southampton, Everton, Aston Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Stoke.
1 goal from free-kicks: Liverpool, Hull, Fulham, Palace.
0 goals from free-kicks: Spurs, West Ham, Sunderland, Norwich, Cardiff, Swansea, WBA.

Which means that only Norwich, Swansea and ourselves have yet to score a goal from a set-piece this season.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...amStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014

This is for Milos benefit

Cheers.

A further item for discussion

http://benjaminpugsley.wordpress.com/2013/04/26/corners-goals-from-corners-in-the-premier-league/

Conclusion

A goal is scored every 32.8 corners and this number more than any other shows us how rare an event a corner goal is. Some teams have extraordinary skill/luck like Man United; other teams, Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, exhibit some terrible skill/luck but I have no idea why and without positional data of the cross and the attackers and defenders we will never have the answer.

Back