• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

You could say that Leicester have been lucky from that graph. On the other hand, you could say it's good finishing. We have definitely wasted chances in front of goal. I remember Liverpool under KKK, they were creating plenty of chances but spurning them, mostly Suarez ironically. We mocked them because they said they were unlucky. It's a combination of luck and bad finishing I guess.

I'd say our top priority in the off season is another goalscoring midfielder (I realise these don't grow on trees) as Lamela isn't clinical enough. Chadli and Eriksen have shown they can score. We also need a backup for Kane and Dier.

I'm not saying sell Lamela to be clear, but I still feel there is some improvement needed. Kane will ultimately learn how to be even more clinical than he is now.
I think Alli, and Lamela to an extent, will develop to be that goalscoring midfielders. There's plenty of room for improvement for both of them and I wouldn't spend a lot of money on that area in particular, maybe if it's someone that can play as a backup striker aswell as a winger...

You could say that Leicester have been lucky from that graph. On the other hand, you could say it's good finishing. We have definitely wasted chances in front of goal. I remember Liverpool under KKK, they were creating plenty of chances but spurning them, mostly Suarez ironically. We mocked them because they said they were unlucky. It's a combination of luck and bad finishing I guess.

I'd say our top priority in the off season is another goalscoring midfielder (I realise these don't grow on trees) as Lamela isn't clinical enough. Chadli and Eriksen have shown they can score. We also need a backup for Kane and Dier.

I'm not saying sell Lamela to be clear, but I still feel there is some improvement needed. Kane will ultimately learn how to be even more clinical than he is now.
Question for the stattos: how often have Leicester been confronted by teams that sit compared to us? I'd venture their brilliant counter-attacking set-up means they more often find themselves in one-v-one type situations around the box whereas we tend to face teams that sit back and crowd the area.

So are they really the sharpest shooters or is it simply that when they break away there's much more space around the box and fewer defenders to get in the way?

Question for the stattos: how often have Leicester been confronted by teams that sit compared to us? I'd venture their brilliant counter-attacking set-up means they more often find themselves in one-v-one type situations around the box whereas we tend to face teams that sit back and crowd the area.

So are they really the sharpest shooters or is it simply that when they break away there's much more space around the box and fewer defenders to get in the way?
I don't think it only has to do with the other team- the way we play, the way we impose the game on our rivals, obviously makes them to sit back. Leicester don't play that way thus teams won't sit back as much against them IMO.

Daily Telegraph today Leicester City 'Now catch us if you can'

If any of our players said that we would go and lose the next 2 games. Lets see if the same rule applies to them
This season no rules apply to them whether they are 'rules' about form, injury, luck and anything else you care to name.

Played Man Utd away on 15 April and then at home the following day!

It was Easter.

IIRC in my younger days pretty sure teams always used to play Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday (or something like that) Can you imagine what certain Managers would say if they had to do that nowadays

I am clinging to the hope that the realisation they can become champions to starts to weigh heavy, and the fact we are the chasers and not the chased could take a little pressure.
If we were to actually to do it. I would prefer us to hit the front on the last day. Sadly, as the media are already beginning to realise, if we have to rely on Chelsea beating them on the last day, it is not going to happen.

I don't think it only has to do with the other team- the way we play, the way we impose the game on our rivals, obviously makes them to sit back. Leicester don't play that way thus teams won't sit back as much against them IMO.

I think that we are getting into a bit of a chicken and egg situation here. I think that teams have increasingly sat back against us over the last ten years as we have got better. The problem that we have had, that most of the other top teams do not, is that our finances have not allowed us to stuff our team with match winners. I think that the high press is in part an attempt to mitigate against this.

I know I am a supporter, and funnily for some of you to hear, an optimist (!!!) but I genuinely cannot shake the feeling that we are going to do this at the last moment...it feels like we will get within 2 points of them very soon, and then it will come down to the last couple of matches...I have always felt it will come down to the final day, and I have always felt goal difference will be the kingmaker.

I know I am a supporter, and funnily for some of you to hear, an optimist (!!!) but I genuinely cannot shake the feeling that we are going to do this at the last moment...it feels like we will get within 2 points of them very soon, and then it will come down to the last couple of matches...I have always felt it will come down to the final day, and I have always felt goal difference will be the kingmaker.
Steff, I do so hope that you are correct.

We are going to win the Premier League. Leicester will lose against Crystal Palace. We'll beat Bournemouth..down to 2 points & from there on in, we'll just do enough to scrape over the line as PL Champions.

We are going to win the Premier League. Leicester will lose against Crystal Palace. We'll beat Bournemouth..down to 2 points & from there on in, we'll just do enough to scrape over the line as PL Champions.

I think that difference is going to happen by early April, would love it this weekend but as long as we win, not fussed...although, imagine if Adebayor scored a winner for them?

Tell you what, if this injury to Kompany is anything more than a niggle that'll be Emirates Marketing Project out of the race for the title.
Too many teams will be able to exploit the comedy stylings of the Otamendi-Mangala duo for them to make up ground on both us and Leicester

Last edited:
When I saw the opening titles of MOTD 2 this past weekend I imagined the final shot of Lloris holding the trophy with the lads behind him. It looked SO good.

You know what. If we are fortunate enough to actually win it. I WANT us to win it on GD.

I know there are plenty of games you can look at, but I would the want Arsenal to rue the fact they celebrated the Wellbeck winner v Leciester like they had won the league, when in effect you could say they did.... but for us!

Tell you what, if this injury to Kompany is anything more than a niggle that'll be Emirates Marketing Project out of the race for the title.
Too many teams will be able to exploit the comedy stylings of the Otamendi-Mangala duo for them to make up ground on both us and Leicester

Otamendi off injured now as well....

It was Easter.

IIRC in my younger days pretty sure teams always used to play Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday (or something like that) Can you imagine what certain Managers would say if they had to do that nowadays

I remember one Easter we had gone up to Liverpool on Good Friday ( my first visit to Anfield) and got beat 5-2, we then played Fulham on the Saturday and drew 1-1 but the best was we played Liverpool ( again) on the Easter Monday at the Lane and thrashed them 7-2. Never forget that Easter.

I remember one Easter we had gone up to Liverpool on Good Friday ( my first visit to Anfield) and got beat 5-2, we then played Fulham on the Saturday and drew 1-1 but the best was we played Liverpool ( again) on the Easter Monday at the Lane and thrashed them 7-2. Never forget that Easter.

My worst Easter has to be a few seasons back. Drove up to Sunderland on the Friday night, we were the early ko and I was the in seat right next to the Sunderland fans, so didnt really enjoy that to start with.
We drew 0-0 in one of the worst games I have watched for ages. Straight after the match drove down the M1 to Enfield and stayed over for Easter Monday match v Norwich which we lost 2-1 before driving back to Warrington right after that match.
All in all, a cr@p weekend which for me cost us a CL spot that season.

Back