• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

That's a load of rubbish but this season is turning me off betting full stop.

It's more that the first few games teams haven't clicked yet and the last few teams are suddenly desperate for points/pressure piling on. Can totally see where the quote was coming from.

Was trying to visualise who plays first in each round and how that may affect mentality. i.e. If Leicester beat Crystal Palace and go 8 points clear are we going to believe we can close the gap still? considering every news story will be harping on about Leicester going 8 points clear..

Game #31
Crystal Palace v Leicester 19th 3pm
Spurs v Bournemouth 20th 4pm

Game #32
Liverpool v Spurs 2nd 17:30
Leicester v Southampton 3rd 13:30

Game #33
Sunderland v Leicester 10th 13:30
Tottenham v Man U 10th 16:00

The reigning champions rolling over at home to a team about to parade the Premier League trophy all around their stadium?!

There are two narratives to this story.. I'm hoping that rolling over for Leicester would just leave too sick a taste in their mouth.

The reigning champions rolling over at home to a team about to parade the Premier League trophy all around their stadium?!

There are two narratives to this story.. I'm hoping that rolling over for Leicester would just leave too sick a taste in their mouth.

If terry plays he will make sure of it... then wink at the camera

Christ I've been saying that for 5 years or more

It's an open secret that the EL is designed to be a potential energy barrier to the entry of clubs not on the preferred list into the Champions' League. Every change of format it has undergone has reinforced that position. I don't think it's any coincidence that, in this most unexpected of domestic seasons, we're once again hearing about discussions among interested parties about the possibility of forming a breakaway European super-league. The trouble with football as we have come to know it is it's still far too unpredictable for those with their hands on the tillers of the "top" clubs, and the more stupid the money at stake becomes, the more they've got to lose with every passing season. It scarcely takes a genius to predict what the likely outcome is, given that scenario.

If terry plays he will make sure of it... then wink at the camera

He'll quickly change into his Leicester kit and join in the celebrations.

Come to think of it, should it come down to the last day, lets have a whip-round and buy him a Leicester kit?

we live in hope. just have to keep plugging away. whatever the outcome, COYS!!! the boys done good!!

i am unashamedly a betting man and I would "lay" leicester till the cows come home at 4/6, they just about beat the 19th team in the PL today ,to give them credit they are grinding out wins which is the sign of a top team. Pardew was at the game today and they host Leicester next, that'll be a good test, wunderkinds Mahrez and Vardy were largely anonymous tonite. At the end of the day Leicester won with their only shot on target.

Sadly, that's all they need to do, though, and so far, they've demonstrated no Spurs-like propensity for doing a complete fart, either -- like losing at home to relegation candidates, or dropping points with a quarter of an hour remaining after taking the lead against 10 men. That's the sort of form we need them to start showing soon, because somehow I doubt we're finished shooting ourselves in the foot yet, either. Perhaps all their bad luck will come in one navy-and-white-ribboned bundle, right at the end of the season.

Last edited:
It's an open secret that the EL is designed to be a potential energy barrier to the entry of clubs not on the preferred list into the Champions' League. Every change of format it has undergone has reinforced that position. I don't think it's any coincidence that, in this most unexpected of domestic seasons, we're once again hearing about discussions among interested parties about the possibility of forming a breakaway European super-league. The trouble with football as we have come to know it is it's still far too unpredictable for those with their hands on the tillers of the "top" clubs, and the more stupid the money at stake becomes, the more they've got to lose with every passing season. It scarcely takes a genius to predict what the likely outcome is, given that scenario.

Maybe not designed but thats how its turned out in England.
This season will be the second year any English team that has got to the Europa/Uefa knockouts through the Europa/Uefa groups has ended up with a Champion's League place since the Europa/Uefa group stage has come in.
Thats twice in 12 seasons that one of the "best of rest" in the league has got a CL after entering the Europa and staying in it after Christmas.
The other was Emirates Marketing Project's 2010/11 season.
Even the year we finished in the top 4 and missed out we weren't in the Europa after Christmas that season.

I agree with this a lot

It is why I'm annoyed we have so many games moved to a bloody Monday night

We have been playing late a lot generally but having 3 Monday games at this stage if the season is bonkers

It is astonishing really - I wonder if the games will be moved back if we leave the EL. It is shocking that of all the EL teams left, only Spurs are consistently booked as the last team to play in the game weeks. A lot of pressure on the boys!

This is going to be one hell of a gutting season. I'm shocked by Leicester. Puts to bed any myths that you need money and top players to win the league.

That's the thing. If it weren't for the fact that bloody Leicester had a one in a million freakish season, we'd be on course to our first top division title in almost 60 years. :eek:

I would say run-in is now pretty much evens in terms of toughness

Both of us have Soton at home and Chelsea away
Both have 1 tough home game (us MU, them WHU)
Both have 2 similar home games(us Bournemouth v them Everton and us WBA and them Swansea).
Both got another tough away (us Liverpool, them ManU)
Both got a tricky awayday (us Stoke,them Palace)
and the other away match against a team at the bottom (us Saudi Sportswashing Machine and them Sunderland).

Its whether we can any ground out any more poimts on them in those 8 matches

This is going to be one hell of a gutting season. I'm shocked by Leicester. Puts to bed any myths that you need money and top players to win the league.

I don't think that it does. We are just seeing a 1 in a 1000 occurrence. It is just a freak season and I would expect normal service to be resumed next year.

I think what will be more gutting if we end up losing by this number of points is that we took just one point off them this season. With the home loss against them being particularly galling.

Still, even if we do end up losing the league by a single point or something, I'll obviously be very disappointed but in the bigger picture, I'll be very proud of the players and manager and very happy with the season's work and progress!

if, as looks likely, it's Terry's last game at the bridge I really can't see him wanting the attention taken away from him by a rivals title win.

Was trying to visualise who plays first in each round and how that may affect mentality. i.e. If Leicester beat Crystal Palace and go 8 points clear are we going to believe we can close the gap still? considering every news story will be harping on about Leicester going 8 points clear..

Game #31
Crystal Palace v Leicester 19th 3pm
Spurs v Bournemouth 20th 4pm

Game #32
Liverpool v Spurs 2nd 17:30
Leicester v Southampton 3rd 13:30

Game #33
Sunderland v Leicester 10th 13:30
Tottenham v Man U 10th 16:00

If we get through those and still are no more than 5 behind then I think we have a decent chance. Their final 3 are tough games whereas our last 5 are against team which will have very little to play for

Back