• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Tell you what, if this injury to Kompany is anything more than a niggle that'll be Emirates Marketing Project out of the race for the title.
Too many teams will be able to exploit the comedy stylings of the Otamendi-Mangala duo for them to make up ground on both us and Leicester

I think City are done anyway. Look at their recent performances and results. I've seen nothing to suggest that they are a team that will be firing on all cylinders for the rest of the season.

I think it's between Leicester, Arsenal and ourselves, and without wanting to jinx, I've already started drawing a pencil line to cross out Arsenal. As I've said, I think we will win the PL, a belief confirmed by my stupidity to miss out on Spurs v Saints ticket. I won't be there when we are on the verge of it. :(

Do not forget that their last match is at Stamford Bridge. Now, Chelski fans won't want to give us a result that gives us a title...but Roman Abramovich is not going to want to see a manager he sacked win the title on his patch. He will make sure the players know that. Massive massive advantage.
I think Roman won't give a fck. He sacked so many managers and still the new ones kept winning him nearly all kind of trophies.
Also it's debatable because both clubs are stated in London. It's never a good thing for club's image to happen when your local rival wins a huge trophy ahead of you.

I am quite optimistic that come the Stoke game we could end up on top. I think Leicester will end up drawing their next three fixtures against Palace, Southampton and Sunderland while I think we will have gained 5 points from our 3 games in that period leaving us 3 points adrift. West Ham are well capable of beating Leicester and could need the points to keep in the race for 4th/5th. Beating Stoke could send us top on GD at just the right time before Leicester navigate their way through those very tricky last 3 games.

Still very much all to play for, beat Bournemouth and avoid defeat against Liverpool and Man Utd and the other results will take care of themselves.

I agree, all the results around us have kept the race going, all the teams us and Leicester have to play have something to play for. Nothing is done yet

I think City are done anyway. Look at their recent performances and results. I've seen nothing to suggest that they are a team that will be firing on all cylinders for the rest of the season.

As if the City players weren't distracted enough by the change in manager, they now have a Champions League QF. Many of those players, won't have another shot at the CL and I suspect that even if it is subconscious, their focus will be on that.

Them winning the league will be fully deserved and a good thing if indeed they do it. I don't subscribe to the theory that it is a fluke as they have unearthed 3 very good players in Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater. They have a manager who has made them incredibly difficult to break down and they have maintained form and won ugly where needed. It's hard not to like what they have done. If they keep this bunch of players together, they could have a good season again. But, lose any of them or have any of those players feeling complacent then they won't.

I wonder if Ranieri will be considered for the Italian job now that Conte has confirmed he is standing down after the Euros.

Absolutely but to prove your original point, I think that they would have had to do it in a season when the big four were firing on all cylinders.

By which you mean Preston North End, Aston Villa and Sunderland ?

Hang about, that's only 3. So not only do changes happen in the dominant clubs, but also the number.

For info, between them this Big Three won 11 of the first 14 leagues. Everton, Sheff Utd & Liverpool nicked one each.

Hang about, that's only 3. So not only do changes happen in the dominant clubs, but also the number.

For info, between them this Big Three won 11 of the first 14 leagues. Everton, Sheff Utd & Liverpool nicked one each.

do you think Leicester are going to be a regular CL team for the next decade?

Who knows ?

What would have happened at Derby if they had sustained what they had started?

At the moment SS Leicester seems to be a happy ship.

It's weird, I think Stoke away is probably the trickiest of our remaining fixtures. For some reason we always find it bloody hard work at the Britannia.

I think we'll be up for it against Liverpool at Anfield (a draw would be a good result) and really, we should be beating United at home.

The more I look at the fixtures the more I think it could come down to a last day decider (typical Spurs :oops:) however we should be comfortable with that scenario give our opponents. I think Leicester have a reasonably high chance of dropping points against Southampton, United, West Ham, Everton and Chelsea.. They will however likely smash Palace, Sunderland and Swansea.

We just need to drop less points! It's in our control. We can do this.

I don't see Leicester smashing anyone, and I think that could be their downfall. Precarious one goal leads can play havoc with the old nerves.

I see Leicester getting 4-5 pts from West Ham, Everton, Chelsea, Utd. Added to their 5pt lead that only allows us to drop 2-3pts until the end of the season. Which i think is a step too far.

However if they drop points v Soton,Sunderland,Palace or Swansea then we can afford to drop 5pts which i think would be achievable.

Basically we need to be within 3 points after the Utd game!

Hmmm I'm a bit confused by your response because I certainly wasn't saying that the balance of power or a club's fortunes never change.

It's weird, I think Stoke away is probably the trickiest of our remaining fixtures. For some reason we always find it bloody hard work at the Britannia.

I think we'll be up for it against Liverpool at Anfield (a draw would be a good result) and really, we should be beating United at home.

The more I look at the fixtures the more I think it could come down to a last day decider (typical Spurs :oops:) however we should be comfortable with that scenario give our opponents. I think Leicester have a reasonably high chance of dropping points against Southampton, United, West Ham, Everton and Chelsea.. They will however likely smash Palace, Sunderland and Swansea.

We just need to drop less points! It's in our control. We can do this.

If it goes down to the last day. I will be over the moon we took it that far, but believe me Leicester will be get the desired result at Stamford Bridge to win the title, Chelsea will make sure of that

Out of the 7 games v them at the Brittania since they came up Spurs have won 4 and lost 3. I think we've done pretty well.

I don't see Leicester smashing anyone, and I think that could be their downfall. Precarious one goal leads can play havoc with the old nerves.

Especially when it comes to the crunch time of the season. If the fans hear that we're winning, and they're only winning by 1 and already looking nervous..the nerves will rise, mistakes will be made.

Back