• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

There results havent got worse or better IMO since the announcement

Basically the top drawer players they have relied on aren't as good or as fit and its cost them

Oh I agree. I just expected them to have a certain level of pick up after the announcement with certain players returning from injury but it hasn't happened. I think their strength in depth is pretty weak as well which hasn't helped when they have tried to change it up.

I noticed ManCity manager Pellegrini has also targetted 75 points to win the league. I think we should also target 75 points. That will mean getting 20 points in our remaining 9 matches. This means winning 6 and drawing 2 matches. Ofcourse, it will be very difficult looking at our remaining matches. But that is the minimum we need to achieve if we want to win the league. Besides, our record league points in the PL era has been 72 points we got under AVB in 2013. Surely, Pochettino needs to get more than that 72 points if he wants to overcome AVB as the best Spurs manager in the PL era.

On that basis City need 8 wins I think? Not happening at all. I don't see them beating Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea tbh and 3 draws in those fixtures would leave them with a maximum possibility of 72 without taking into account tricky fixtures at Southampton and at home to Stoke. Obviously losing any of those fixtures pushes them further back.

At the moment, looking at the fixtures, I have the top 6 staying as they are with Man Utd and West Ham separated on GD for 5th/6th with City 4th on 66, Arsenal 3rd with 70 and ourselves tied with Leicester on 74 and our GD coming into play. This does involve us going unbeaten the rest of the season with draws against Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine and winning the rest. Possible but if it pans out like that we shall see.

Forget about how many points it's going to take, first and foremost we need to prioritise finishing top four. Still by no means a given.

anything can happen, the more I look at the table and results the more I think it's just a year where everyone is crap

Leicester could conceivably not win another game and still win the league

City are woeful. Its like since the announcement about Guardiola was made that they have just hit the beach. A lot of the media have driven this idea that he will come in and City will sweep all before them for years to come because of the players he will sign but I think City will have a struggle next season and possibly the one after too. They need to have a biggish revamp of the playing squad and Pep is coming into an environment that is vastly different from the atmospheres and auras surrounding Barca and Bayern. He is not going to have it all his own way and I think it will be a shock to him just how competitive teams near the bottom are at any point in the season compared to playing Elche and Almeria or Hannover and Darmstadt.

I actually think that regardless of where we finish, that if we recruit wisely and enhance our options across the squad and first 11 that we could consolidate on our showing this year. I think City need a lot of work, Utd need even more work regardless of who is in charge, Chelsea with Conte is to me not a very good fit and won't last and Arsenal will no doubt refuse to strengthen as is normally the case.

Some good points. Pep has managed at two clubs that had well developed club cultures, as well as some top quality players (including ones that would win world cups for their countries). He provided the finishing touches. At city he has less top quality players and has to establish the club culture. It's a very different challenge and it will be interesting to see how he does. It's a far better test of his managerial qualities. If he can make City a top European club he will go down as one of the great managers.

Some good points. Pep has managed at two clubs that had well developed club cultures, as well as some top quality players (including ones that would win world cups for their countries). He provided the finishing touches. At city he has less top quality players and has to establish the club culture. It's a very different challenge and it will be interesting to see how he does. It's a far better test of his managerial qualities. If he can make City a top European club he will go down as one of the great managers.

I think if he decides to stick it out over the medium term, 4-6 years then he can establish them but I think with the players they have at the moment and some of the less than supportive characters, he will need 2-3 windows to really get it anything like what he might want. I think he needs the likes of Toure, Demichelis, Sagna, Fernando, Bony, Nasri and Navas all moved out imo. All of their FBs are 30-33 with Clichy and Sagna 32 and 34 before the start of 2017-2018 season and the two main CBs are nearly 30 with Mangala looking a liability at 25. They need a mass overhaul of players in terms of age and attitude and no way will they be able to achieve that in even 3 windows as some of those just won't go given their wages and contract length. I think it will be 2018-19 before we see a side that is truly befitting Pep and that augers well for us.

Forget about how many points it's going to take, first and foremost we need to prioritise finishing top four. Still by no means a given.

Spot on. It is great being involved in the title race, but getting to 70pts has been my target for the team for weeks and still is. Still looking over my shoulder at United,West Ham and Liverpool, but the longer the gaps stays at 8pts the more we can start dreaming of getting 3rd and upwards

Spot on. It is great being involved in the title race, but getting to 70pts has been my target for the team for weeks and still is. Still looking over my shoulder at United,West Ham and Liverpool, but the longer the gaps stays at 8pts the more we can start dreaming of getting 3rd and upwards
Game by game, innit.

I think that 67 points will be sufficient for the CL. If we can beat Bournemouth & Villa, we'll be on 61 points and needing just 6 points from the remaining 7 games of the season. West Ham would need form of 2 PPG for their remaining fixtures if they are to reach that points title. Man United would need more than 2 PPG to hit that target. Whilst possible, only Leicester have managed to achieve that PPG tally so far this season, so it seems unlikely that either West Ham or Man United will reach any more than 67 points. So, let's beat Villa & Bournemouth and we are in a great position.

So we get Benitez, cut his throat and let him bleed out to make him Halal, then give thanks to the Lord that blessed us the meat of Fat Spanish Waiter, then Saudi Sportswashing Machine beat Leicester and we win the league?

Is that how this works? I'm a Spurs fan. Nowhere near used to this brick.

Bournemouth are in great form and would take some of the chances villa have had

This game was almost too comfortable

That is why it ended that way. We needed no intensity. Its like when you smash a team and go in 4-0 up at half time. it rarely ends 8/9-0 because players just go through the motions. Bournemouth will play with an intensity that will keep us on our toes. Just tick the games down, win it however we can and then onto Liverpool. If we win both of those fixtures then I would make us favourites to win the league regardless of what Leicester have done just based on their last 3 fixtures.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine win tomorrow and this is a perfect weekend.
<pedant>technically that match isn't on this weekend</pedant>

Can Saudi Sportswashing Machine do it? Benitez has to look at the matches in which Leicester have done badly and use that as a template. Bascially setup for a siege and try and catch them on the break.

<pedant>technically that match isn't on this weekend</pedant>

Can Saudi Sportswashing Machine do it? Benitez has to look at the matches in which Leicester have done badly and use that as a template. Bascially setup for a siege and try and catch them on the break.

Benitez will play in a way to avoid defeat. That is his mantra and how he has built all his teams and teams playing that way have frustrated Leicester because they have no space to run into. I could definitely see this being a draw.

Next weekend, going into the international break, before we start the run-in, could be absolutely vital.

Everton v Arsenal
Chelsea v West Ham
Crystal Palace v Leicester
Southampton v Liverpool
Emirates Marketing Project v Man United.

If we can secure 3pts next weekend we could open up some significant gaps on our a few of our rivals at just the right time

Back