• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

2012/13: Parker - 0.3; Lennon - 0.2; Defoe - 0.2; Dempsey - 0.2; Naughton - 0.2

Does this mean our guys hit one through ball every 5 games about, and Parker hits one every 3 games? That's pretty lame all around really. Hudd must have already overtaken that number I would say.

You can see the full stats here - http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/30 - and they've already changed (Parker is now on 0.2, whilst Holtby's overtaken him at 0.3).

Personally I don't pay too much attention to this stat, as it's much more ambiguous and subjective than a basic pass completion %. It says Bale's only completed 2 through-balls all season, which seems rather difficult to believe...

And it says Hudd has attempted just 2, 1 of which was completed.

You can see the full stats here - http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/30 - and they've already changed (Parker is now on 0.2, whilst Holtby's overtaken him at 0.3).

Personally I don't pay too much attention to this stat, as it's much more ambiguous and subjective than a basic pass completion %. It says Bale's only completed 2 through-balls all season, which seems rather difficult to believe...

No further comment required.

Edit.

Last edited:

Well that is not correct. I choose to ignore these silly numbers.

How anyone including AVB can watch us recently and not want Parker dropped at all costs I don't understand. He is so brick, especially in this system. He would do ok at a midtable team and that's why he's been playing for midtable teams for the majority of his careers.

We won against Emirates Marketing Project after we took Parker off, and partly BECAUSE we took Parker off. You don't have to be a genius to see that he throws off the rhythm of the entire team.

I was saying this stuff last season as he was inexplicably being called our player of the season. Just the wrong player for our team completely.

How anyone including AVB can watch us recently and not want Parker dropped at all costs I don't understand. He is so brick, especially in this system. He would do ok at a midtable team and that's why he's been playing for midtable teams for the majority of his careers.

We won against Emirates Marketing Project after we took Parker off, and partly BECAUSE we took Parker off. You don't have to be a genius to see that he throws off the rhythm of the entire team.

I was saying this stuff last season as he was inexplicably being called our player of the season. Just the wrong player for our team completely.

I agree, but apparently AVB sees something in Parker that the two of us don't? We've had other options in Hudd and Holtby even without going into starting a youngster in Carroll. But AVB has persisted with Parker in the starting line-up.

I don't get it... Though with Dembele possibly out (any news on that?) I think the chances of Parker being dropped becomes even smaller.

But that is why you should never compare players really against each other. You compare them to whether they are in a team and where that team is. Parker is a very good player. Sandro is better, but Parker is good enough for a top six team and has proven that.

Sorry but he may have been. But he's not anymore.

But that is why you should never compare players really against each other. You compare them to whether they are in a team and where that team is. Parker is a very good player. Sandro is better, but Parker is good enough for a top six team and has proven that.

But we want top 4 not top 6 ....and he is out of that bracket now.

Pass completion:
Dembele 90.8%
Parker 83.8%

Final third pass completion:

Dembele 86%
Parker 67%

Key Passes:
Dembele 51
Parker 16

Average pass length:
Dembele 16m
Parker 16m

Defensive duels won:

Dembele 60%
Parker 56%

Goals conceded per game:

Dembele 0.96
Parker 1.33

Shot accuracy:

Dembele 35%
Parker 11%

I was a Parker fan last season, but this year he's lost the plot.

I don't know if it's his injuries, his age or what but he just isn't anywhere near the same player. Maybe it was Modric next to him that we don't give that much credit too when it comes to Parkers performances last season? Modric was brilliant defensively last year, and at times bossed midfield himself. Maybe without that person next to him, Parker is being, I don't know if it's the correct words, shown up?

What do we do though? Simply get rid of him and promote Livermore (who isn't even as good as Parker at his worst)? Or do we try and find someone who is young and potentially a beast like Sandro on the cheap? I don't know, maybe with this supposed new 4-3-3 formation we'll move into, players like Parker aren't needed, and players who can do all sorts of jobs will be needed like a Holtby or Dembele for example, all stuffed into a 3 with a creative ball playing midfielder in Moutinho/Modric mould.

I was a Parker fan last season, but this year he's lost the plot.

I don't know if it's his injuries, his age or what but he just isn't anywhere near the same player. Maybe it was Modric next to him that we don't give that much credit too when it comes to Parkers performances last season? Modric was brilliant defensively last year, and at times bossed midfield himself. Maybe without that person next to him, Parker is being, I don't know if it's the correct words, shown up?

What do we do though? Simply get rid of him and promote Livermore (who isn't even as good as Parker at his worst)? Or do we try and find someone who is young and potentially a beast like Sandro on the cheap? I don't know, maybe with this supposed new 4-3-3 formation we'll move into, players like Parker aren't needed, and players who can do all sorts of jobs will be needed like a Holtby or Dembele for example, all stuffed into a 3 with a creative ball playing midfielder in Moutinho/Modric mould.

Parker was an out an out DM last season, this season it seems AVB has given him more of a free role to go and support the attacks which is very strange.

Parker was an out an out DM last season, this season it seems AVB has given him more of a free role to go and support the attacks which is very strange.

I still think playing alongside Modric helped him immensely. It's sad Sandro got an injury in January as I have no doubt with him we'd have pushed on stronger than we have and wouldn't be in the position we find ourselves in right now. Not Parkers fault however. I'm just shocked that Parker has made the starting eleven consistently and like you say, has been given some sort of advanced free role.

Twitter / SpursStatMan: Scott Parker has been dispossessed more often than any other Spurs midfielder this season (every 12 minutes).

Twitter / SpursStatMan: Spurs concede 1.33 goals per game when Parker is in the team, compared to 1.09 with Sandro.

Hmmm, those figures do seem a bit low especially when compared to Cazorla who has apparently completed 29 from 63 this season, Silva 15 from 41...

Although it is in keeping with this season's inability to carve open teams which sit deep, like Wigan, compared to when we had Modric (17 from 36 last season) and VdV (13 from 38)... :-k

But we want top 4 not top 6 ....and he is out of that bracket now.

Do you really think we can have two top four quality enforcers at the club at the same time, and one of them happy to be on the bench? I don't. So Sandro being number one with Parker being number two for that role is fine with me and seems to be fine for AVB too.

Parker was more box to box in his younger days and it is what Chelsea signed him as. I wonder if AVB still regards him as a box to box midfielder because of that.

I'm really not intending to cause offence, and i'm sorry if I do but genuinely - does anyone think Scott Parker looks like he has a touch of Downs Syndrome about him?

Do you really think we can have two top four quality enforcers at the club at the same time, and one of them happy to be on the bench? I don't. So Sandro being number one with Parker being number two for that role is fine with me and seems to be fine for AVB too.

Is Parker happy to be on the bench? He was injured pretty much up until Sandro got injured and he's played pretty much every games since then. We don't know if he would be happy with it because he hasn't been on the bench for an extended period of time at any point.

I don't think we should have two "enforcers" at the club, we should look to get some more well rounded players in. Every player at the club should be at a certain level technically if we want to improve our passing game. What top clubs in England (or Europe) have two quality "enforcers" at their club, my guess would be only a couple. The enforcers they do have are also good on the ball, can pass and move with one and two touches. In short, more well rounded players, that's what we should look for too in my opinion.

We don't know what AVB is or isn't fine with. He's only had two transfer windows at the club and the first one was one with plenty of turmoil (Modric and VdV leaving, King retiring). After what happened at Chelsea I wouldn't be surprised if AVB decided to change things a little more slowly this time.

No, but you go for an up-and-coming rather than a has-been-and-gone.

Admittedly, you can't shop outside the windows but given Parker's performances to me we would have gained more from developing Carroll or Livermore more than carrying Parker.

Whether it is fine with AVB is a moot point really. No point in these forums or threads if it all boils down to accepting without questions what AVB/the club do. Glad you and AVB agree though. That's nice.

Back