• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Munn

He sounds xenophobic and that a British person can only do the job because Britain invented football, an attitude I'd associated more with someone from that era rather than from modern Britain outside of UKIP.
Of course you should want more British coaches and British players in teams, I want to see more Irish players and coaches coming through. But if a job comes up with us I want the best person available to fill it no matter what their nationality, sex, religion etc is.
I actually think we have a problem in the prem that opportunities are given to overseas players and coaches over home grown for a multitude of reasons. And it’s not all good
We all love a new player joining and the overseas ones come with that exotic extra
But we have seen with dele that HG can be as good as any overseas player
I think it’s more so on coaches and managers. The UK ones don’t get a chance even at lesser clubs

Last edited:
I actually think we have a price I’m in the prem that opportunities are given to overseas players and coaches over home grown for a multitude of reasons. And it’s not all good
We all love a new player joining and the overseas ones come with that exotic extra
I think it’s more so on coaches and managers. The UK ones don’t get a chance even at lesser clubs

I was pleased to see Luton get promoted, they have a British coach and their team is heavily loaded with British players, I hope they try to stay in PL with that type of unit, but I think they'll try to "strengthen" the squad with average overseas players. I've nothing against bringing in the best in the world from what ever country but football is flooded with overseas players who are championship level.

I actually think we have a price I’m in the prem that opportunities are given to overseas players and coaches over home grown for a multitude of reasons. And it’s not all good
I get more enjoyment out of seeing an academy player coming through than an overseas player coming in. Unfortunately overseas players are a lot cheaper than the equivalent player from England and most clubs are going to go with the cheaper option.
Not sure why England coaches don't get more opportunities. Eddie Howe has shown that they can do it when given the chance. I wouldn't mind us getting Potter, think he would do a good job and wouldn't take too much notice of what happened at Chelsea.

I get more enjoyment out of seeing an academy player coming through than an overseas player coming in. Unfortunately overseas players are a lot cheaper than the equivalent player from England and most clubs are going to go with the cheaper option.
Not sure why England coaches don't get more opportunities. Eddie Howe has shown that they can do it when given the chance. I wouldn't mind us getting Potter, think he would do a good job and wouldn't take too much notice of what happened at Chelsea.

- Overseas players are cheaper, historically been better technically/tactically and by a certain age have probably played way more 1st team games.
- Re managers, part of the issue is a management appointment is a bit of a PR exercise as well as doing a job, clubs under pressure needs to send a message. Someone that people know very little about can be seen higher (Slot example) than people you know about. Spurs fans would have screamed murder if we appointed Howe (lack of ambition, etc) at the time Saudi Sportswashing Machine did, similar to Potter now.

I was pleased to see Luton get promoted, they have a British coach and their team is heavily loaded with British players, I hope they try to stay in PL with that type of unit, but I think they'll try to "strengthen" the squad with average overseas players. I've nothing against bringing in the best in the world from what ever country but football is flooded with overseas players who are championship level.
I don’t think Luton will
It’s not in their set up and structure
Knowing a few guys involved there, they will be working with what they have and source form the championship and loans

Yeah I agree
I remember the buzz that Japhet caused coming into the side. Not because he is or was amazing. Just because he was HG and “ one of our own”

I don’t think Luton will
It’s not in their set up and structure
Knowing a few guys involved there, they will be working with what they have and source form the championship and loans

I hope so, I'd be pleased to see any of our academy players loaned to them.
Yeah I agree
I remember the buzz that Japhet caused coming into the side. Not because he is or was amazing. Just because he was HG and “ one of our own”

I
Yeah I agree

Think a lot of fans feel a conection to homegrown players, but equally want an instant result. Walker-Peters was a classic case shifted out to be replaced by "experienced" signings who proved no better.
I'd like to see overseas players barred from playing in non Pl clubs this might open spaces for homegrown and loan players to get the experience they dont get playing in age level football.

I think it’s Bristol we should be talking too
Can we have Scott and you can have Devine on loan and some £££

Devine needs game time in proper football and Scott looks good but it's hard to see him getting many games with Skipp, Bentacourt, Bissouma and the elusive creative player we hope to sign.

I

Think a lot of fans feel a conection to homegrown players, but equally want an instant result. Walker-Peters was a classic case shifted out to be replaced by "experienced" signings who proved no better.
I'd like to see overseas players barred from playing in non Pl clubs this might open spaces for homegrown and loan players to get the experience they dont get playing in age level football.
I don’t really know the answer
And TBF clubs imo don’t overly promote overseas players, buts it all a quit jam tomo. It’s a need for instant fixes

Scott would play ACM. He is that elusive creative player we've been missing since Eriksen

I've not seen enough of him to think he could be a regular for us. Apart from Devine we don't have that type of player, I wouldn't be surprised to see Donley fitting that role at some time.

I think Luton will be happy to go straight back down again and take the huge amount of money that comes with that to advantage them for several years going forward.

Back