• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

I thought he quietly bossed the game and made Ugarte and Mainoo look like pub players. It's a big role he has to do - being the foundation for both Maddison and Kulu pushing on, without Sarr next to him offering something a bit more defensive. I think it was testament to his dominance that we didn't make the obvious 60 minute sub and bring Bissouma on to tighten the screw. He was comfortable all day, but only because he was very good.
Fully agree
Although I think we’re milking his minutes until his ban

agree. very busy cutting off channels, tackling and intercepting. also some neat 1-2s to relieve pressure and beat the press. consistently good throughout. one of a few reasons why man u's midfield could not get time on the ball
Really? Thought he was very solid bar the 5 mins spell that Utd had in teh second half

I thought he quietly bossed the game and made Ugarte and Mainoo look like pub players. It's a big role he has to do - being the foundation for both Maddison and Kulu pushing on, without Sarr next to him offering something a bit more defensive. I think it was testament to his dominance that we didn't make the obvious 60 minute sub and bring Bissouma on to tighten the screw. He was comfortable all day, but only because he was very good.
Fully agreed. Showing that at the very least in some situations he can be a very good DM in this system.

While having Kulusevski and Maddison there probably makes the role a bit more demanding defensively it also makes the role a bit easier on the ball. As has been talked about Porro and Udogie seem to adjust a bit too so the added defensive responsibility isn't as big as it may seem on paper.

If he can also do that in different circumstances, time will tell. Personally I think he can, but he may need some time. It's still fairly new to him to play this role in this system. He's a very good player, I think he has the capability to adjust and adapt. But I can understand the scepticism around that given he's still unproven at that and apparently struggled a bit in a DM role at Juve.

Fully agreed. Showing that at the very least in some situations he can be a very good DM in this system.

While having Kulusevski and Maddison there probably makes the role a bit more demanding defensively it also makes the role a bit easier on the ball. As has been talked about Porro and Udogie seem to adjust a bit too so the added defensive responsibility isn't as big as it may seem on paper.

If he can also do that in different circumstances, time will tell. Personally I think he can, but he may need some time. It's still fairly new to him to play this role in this system. He's a very good player, I think he has the capability to adjust and adapt. But I can understand the scepticism around that given he's still unproven at that and apparently struggled a bit in a DM role at Juve.
Deki was talking yesterday about his responsibility stepping up on the defensive side as well.

I don't want to notice my #6 unless the role is being played in a Dembele sort of way. Think having the two #10's is giving whoever plays the 6 a much more clearly defined role, sit in, keep it simple and don't fudge up. Helps everyone to have that boring shield in front of the defence. The fact he can pass and Bissouma can dribble adds a bit of sauce to the role whichever one gets the nod. Hope they both keep up their form.

I think Levy will also get lawyers involved, on the basis of the FA acting outside their jurisdiction, and inconsistency with the Argentine coach singing incident
I imagine that levy will fire a warning shot and the F A will hand out a pointless don't do it again statement and that will be that.
This is such a can of worms it's not worth it, only people who will benefit are the lawyers.

Very stupid. Son will now be looking at at 12 match ban too, for being an accomplice in this horrible act of malicious racism on a scale never seen in football before.
Never trust a Korean
I’ve seen them after games stealing all the litter and taking it… nasty
They will clearly be profiteering on all that waste

I don't want to notice my #6 unless the role is being played in a Dembele sort of way. Think having the two #10's is giving whoever plays the 6 a much more clearly defined role, sit in, keep it simple and don't fudge up. Helps everyone to have that boring shield in front of the defence. The fact he can pass and Bissouma can dribble adds a bit of sauce to the role whichever one gets the nod. Hope they both keep up their form.
I f***ing love a boring shield in front of the defence!

It’s in their jurisdiction by the rules the clubs agreed too
We won’t appeal
It’s not even the same thing
How is a player being on international duty, in a different continent, the English association's jurisdiction? Its either a police matter, an employer matter, or a Uruguayan FA/CONMEBOL matter. But nothing to do with the old farts

Back