• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

It was a harsh booking, crazy to be fair. Along with Romero the last player you want picking up undeniably soft yellows.

Rough stat on Bentancur, before today he'd apparently lost his last seven league starts - Well now it's 8.

Who thought that Bergvall / Gray / Kulu getting shifted in were going to come in and sort out the mediocre mess that is our midfield. If we rely on the likes of Bentancur / Biss then we're fudged from the off, relying on unreliable players tends to go one way.

He might have solved problems in Conte's midfield but he doesn't look like a solution in our current set up..

It was a harsh booking, crazy to be fair. Along with Romero the last player you want picking up undeniably soft yellows.

Rough stat on Bentancur, before today he'd apparently lost his last seven league starts - Well now it's 8.

Who thought that Bergvall / Gray / Kulu getting shifted in were going to come in and sort out the mediocre mess that is our midfield. If we rely on the likes of Bentancur / Biss then we're fudged from the off, relying on unreliable players tends to go one way.

He might have solved problems in Conte's midfield but he doesn't look like a solution in our current set up..

a big part of the problem is maddison. recently he often drops too deep and bentancur is caught in no man's land.
with hojberg it was quite predictable that he would prefer to stay around the centre spot and bentancur could overlap him.
its all not very clear what maddison is trying to do and it think it affects more players than just bentancur.

a big part of the problem is maddison. recently he often drops too deep and bentancur is caught in no man's land.
with hojberg it was quite predictable that he would prefer to stay around the centre spot and bentancur could overlap him.
its all not very clear what maddison is trying to do and it think it affects more players than just bentancur.

I think this is a really interesting observation and a good point. I personally got very frustrated again with Maddison dropping deep in the first-half. With the goons essentially sitting deeper, either Romero or Bentancur could easily have progressed the ball quickly into the areas where I think Maddison should be operating to weave his stuff.

I think this is a really interesting observation and a good point. I personally got very frustrated again with Maddison dropping deep in the first-half. With the goons essentially sitting deeper, either Romero or Bentancur could easily have progressed the ball quickly into the areas where I think Maddison should be operating to weave his stuff.
On a pod earlier, they said Bentancur is incapable of receiving the ball and turning and beating the press and progressing the ball forwards, like Bissouma would, so Maddison had to come and do it for him. I was surprised at that take on things... Bentancur is a VERY capable player and would generally have plenty of time to get the ball and pass 15 yards to someone higher up.
Everything was so safety first, nobody tried to beat their man or make something happen or bully their way through, it was all so tentative. No balls.

On a pod earlier, they said Bentancur is incapable of receiving the ball and turning and beating the press and progressing the ball forwards, like Bissouma would, so Maddison had to come and do it for him. I was surprised at that take on things... Bentancur is a VERY capable player and would generally have plenty of time to get the ball and pass 15 yards to someone higher up.
Everything was so safety first, nobody tried to beat their man or make something happen or bully their way through, it was all so tentative. No balls.

The strangest thing for on Sunday was that the goons were not in an aggressive press at all to start with. In fact, they got more aggressive on the press when we slowed our play down from the back to walking pace; we invited all of it to my eye.

The strangest thing for on Sunday was that the goons were not in an aggressive press at all to start with. In fact, they got more aggressive on the press when we slowed our play down from the back to walking pace; we invited all of it to my eye.

The played it safe since they were missing some key players and it worked out perfectly for them. Knowing how we play, they were happy to lock down their penalty area and let us have the ball in in non-threatening areas. I thought they started to come out more towards the end of the first half and I was happy to see HT. In the second it was obvious pretty early that we weren't going to be bothering them much.

Back