• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Surely Levy and his lawyers will be all over the above if true !!

They should be if this truly is a double standard.

Although part of me thinks there is a background conversation going on here. Levy may have been told, as one of the conforming and good guys, that his player will just get a local punishment. No different from how the club dealt with Biss. That will mean it is done and dusted before FIFA come in hard on Chelsea and Fernandez. Let's face it, Chelsea doesn't stand for anything that UEFA and FIFA want to stand for with things like FFP/PSR. Like City, CFC are sticking their middle finger up at all the governance bodies. My guess is they will happily stick the knife into Todd Boehly and his players if given a good reason.

Also Fernandez lost his driving license yesterday. Speeding, running red lights etc. He was already on 9 points. What a classy guy.

Fa looking into Bentancur, while FIFA will look into Fernandez as it was while he was with Argentina.

"However, the source says that while Fernández was filmed singing derogatory songs about the France national team and its history, that incident took place when he was at the Copa América with Argentina and therefore falls under the jurisdiction of FIFA."

Fa looking into Bentancur, while FIFA will look into Fernandez as it was while he was with Argentina.

"However, the source says that while Fernández was filmed singing derogatory songs about the France national team and its history, that incident took place when he was at the Copa América with Argentina and therefore falls under the jurisdiction of FIFA."

Bentancur was at the copa america at the time.

Where and when he said it is insignificant compared to what he said.

Which is what we as a club need to address.

If I was Levy I would have fired him.

He’s been caught bang to rights, it’s not a time for whataboutery.

We sort our brick out.

He’s brought shame on us all.
Shame for what? I think all hipsters look the same, asians, at least Thai people say the same about white people. It's just how it is. We find it harder to distinguish people, the more they differ from ourself. That's a scientific fact. It's gone a bit too far imo.

Shame for what? I think all hipsters look the same, asians, at least Thai people say the same about white people. It's just how it is. We find it harder to distinguish people, the more they differ from ourself. That's a scientific fact. It's gone a bit too far imo.

I disagree.

I think what he said was racist and unacceptable. It's 2024, we hammer brick like that now and we help the next generation know where the line is.

A club like us, disciplining a player of that level, in that way, would be a penny drop moment across the game, principles mattering more than performance.

I'd have fired Bissouma too.

I disagree.

I think what he said was racist and unacceptable. It's 2024, we hammer brick like that now and we help the next generation know where the line is.

A club like us, disciplining a player of that level, in that way, would be a penny drop moment across the game, principles mattering more than performance.

I'd have fired Bissouma too.
We'll end up going back to the middle age, where having a toss or whistling being illegal, if this trend continues.

We'll end up going back to the middle age, where having a toss or whistling being illegal, if this trend continues.

In the Middle Ages, actions were judged by who did them rather than what they did, which is what we need to get away from.

If I was caught on social media taking recreational drugs or making racist comments I would be fired from my job instantly.

"But Bentancur made his comments on Uruguay channel Canal 10 in June when appearing in a personal capacity, not as an international player."

He joined up with uruguay at the beginning of june. The copa america started on 20th of june.

enzo fernandez was on his own social media channel. Not sure you can get any more "personal" than that.

He’s been caught bang to rights, it’s not a time for whataboutery.

We sort our brick out.

He’s brought shame on us all.

Both incidents happened outside the UK but our player gets charged and Chelsea’s doesn’t. Explain that one. Fernandez was far more pre-meditated and also homophobic I might add. Bentancur was stupid and he shouldn’t have said it but it clearly wasn’t planned like Enzo Fernandez’s song was. Are the FA going to start charging players for fouls they make whilst on international duty as well given that they apparently have jurisdiction to start charging people for things they say whilst outside the UK? I can live with Bentancur being charged, he’s got no excuse but at least be fecking consistent.

He joined up with uruguay at the beginning of june. The copa america started on 20th of june.

enzo fernandez was on his own social media channel. Not sure you can get any more "personal" than that.

One was on the team bus, and one was a personal interview.

So hopefully both will be charged, just one by the fa, the other by FIFA

Back