• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

I agree fully.

Got plenty of chances against Southampton, not so many against WBA, but we should keep with it and if we can create chances like against Southampton the goals will come.

you would hope so tbf. those were guilt edged ....defoe would have been crucifiedn for missing those

let me ask you something, can you tell me when he will start scoring or speculate how much league goals by the end of the season he would have scored

Needs to play vs Stoke, feel we will create a lot in that game and good chance for him to cash in

you would hope so tbf. those were guilt edged ....defoe would have been crucifiedn for missing those

let me ask you something, can you tell me when he will start scoring or speculate how much league goals by the end of the season he would have scored

AS, to be fair, JD has a history with us, great in cups and against weaker opposition, poor conversion rate, very streaky, typically we get one hot streak from him per season or two. It is not going to change at this point in his career.

Soldado has a history that is a bit more consistent, personally a couple of his finishes looked top class, I believe based on that, giving allowances for settling in, his personal issue with loss and general unsettled nature of team, he deserves a bit more of a chance. How much? I'd say a run of 5 to 7 games if we produce the same quantity or more opportunities of last two games, by then he should start putting those away.

Re what his final season tally will be, not sure it's valid considering the issues with team/manager, however lets consider he has 9 goals for Spurs already, lets say the second half of season is slightly better and he ends up with 20 in all competitions and 10+ in the PL, I wouldn't say it's a great season, but acceptable and potentially a good platform for next (this season is looking more and more like a write off)

AS, to be fair, JD has a history with us, great in cups and against weaker opposition, poor conversion rate, very streaky, typically we get one hot streak from him per season or two. It is not going to change at this point in his career.

Soldado has a history that is a bit more consistent, personally a couple of his finishes looked top class, I believe based on that, giving allowances for settling in, his personal issue with loss and general unsettled nature of team, he deserves a bit more of a chance. How much? I'd say a run of 5 to 7 games if we produce the same quantity or more opportunities of last two games, by then he should start putting those away.

Re what his final season tally will be, not sure it's valid considering the issues with team/manager, however lets consider he has 9 goals for Spurs already, lets say the second half of season is slightly better and he ends up with 20 in all competitions and 10+ in the PL, I wouldn't say it's a great season, but acceptable and potentially a good platform for next (this season is looking more and more like a write off)

do you know why i am okay with 10 plus a season? because we paid average wedge for him

i was right in the beginning, there was no way we would pay that kind of money for a 28 yeAR old , and we didnt.

i'm more than happy to think now we didnt waste this season's money on a finished article that needed a whole season to adjust

i think he could clock up about 12 to 15 prem goals this year........especially now that he will be getting support and learning from Ade that can show him how to get more involved in matches

You can ask, but I cannot answer. :) Too much variance and coincidence in football to make that prediction I think.

His all round game is excellent

He should be scoring though and it will come. He is getting the chances now though and looks far more accomplished in this team.

He should be scoring though and it will come. He is getting the chances now though and looks far more accomplished in this team.

Agreed.

LOVED his celebration with Adebayor

No, he's our best penalty taker and clearly we bought him for that! Has he ever scored in open play in a league match for us?

The cross he put in today and the one for Ade against Southampton were perfection. Lot of pace and a bit of curl, not those limp ones a lot of players put in.

Excellent return today - assist on pen, assist on Lennon goal, scored pen, worked really well with Ade down middle and out wide. Very good.

Can't fault his overall play, looking very good.
Surprised to see him miss sitters though.

Works like a trojan horse. Gives 100% every time. Realy unselfish for a striker. Once the goals come he will be immense.

personally i dont think so. if it was his all round game would be telling when he is playing as a solitary striker

his game , as expected, has gone up having someone like adebayor next to him.

Confidence...thats all he needs....he certainly picks up the right positions.....knows when to hold and when to run across a defender......im sure he will start banging them in relentlessy soon enough...Old Trafford is as good a place as any to start.

Back