• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

To be fair, Redknapp DID rid Bale of the 'no wins' curse...?
I distinctly remember many not being fussed if we got rid of him at one stage 'cos he was such a Jonah! (3-1 up away at Fulham a few years back and STILL not managing to win when he was playing was when I really started to believe in the Curse!)

Didn't Harry do summit like bring him on when we were 4-0 up against Burnley with 10 minutes to go...? even Bale couldn't 'curse' that up?

I thought at the time it was a clever way to get the monkey off his back! (...and yes, pun VERY MUCH intended!)

but sandro? how is that not a harry signing? because someone else scouted him? thats what scouts are paid for isnt it? what people think wenger and ferguson have time to travel the world looking at players watching other games 24/7?

Ferguson says that the only player he has signed which he never saw live was Bebe (we all know there was some shady reason for that deal), and as for Wenger he has generally been very dismissive of scouts in general.

Both are very hands-on. I'm not saying Harry isn't, but he admitted to not seeing Sandro play before we signed him.

Signed as short term backups. Obviously not going to be world class, but filled a gap when he had some injuries. Just as the Chimbonda deal, except there was never any need to play him in the end and he moved on.

Loaning out a squad player who is unhappy and haven't been near the pitch in months isn't necessarily a disaster. We had other players who could fill the void, that spare seat on the bench. It's wrong when we replace our squad players with different ones (Saha and Nelsen being marginally better than Pav and Corluka, they definitely don't weaken the squad in any way) and it's wrong when we don't bring in anyone.

Yep. That's definitely why 'Arry made two transfers generating two sets of agents' fees in such a short space of time. 8-[

Lets look at another angle. Harry has "cost" Spurs c?ú80m by failing to qualify for the CL for the last two seasons. On the last occasion he let at one point a 13 gap evaporate.He has been in charge for 3.5 years. His transfer dealings have been patchy at best. He has currently left us with a team that won only three of their 12 matches (relegation form), 8 players who are rumoured to want to leave, and only one disenchanted striker. Furthermore, if you ask Wet Spam, Portsmouth or Southampton fans of the legacy he left behind you wont find many harry supporters.

Lets look at another angle. Harry has "cost" Spurs c?ú80m by failing to qualify for the CL for the last two seasons. On the last occasion he let at one point a 13 gap evaporate.He has been in charge for 3.5 years. His transfer dealings have been patchy at best. He has currently left us with a team that won only three of their 12 matches (relegation form), 8 players who are rumoured to want to leave, and only one disenchanted striker. Furthermore, if you ask Wet Spam, Portsmouth or Southampton fans of the legacy he left behind you wont find many harry supporters.

I must have forgot we had qualified for the champions league every season before Redknapp got here

I must have forgot we had qualified for the champions league every season before Redknapp got here

We werent exactly also rans either. Two 5th places under Jol - and only denied CL by lasagnagate and Mendez's "goal" at Manure.

It's not the manager's job to build for the future, they are here to get results right now. Harry has been the same since West Ham, get players in to do a job for one season, then see if you can find someone better. Allardyce and Holloway are exactly the same. You need a chairman/DoF-type to look at the longer term. When is it okay to bring in a stop gap and when should we go for someone long term.

We werent exactly also rans either. Two 5th places under Jol - and only denied CL by lasagnagate and Mendez's "goal" at Manure.

I keep trying to restrict myself from responding to you but it's so hard to read some of the false stuff here passed off as fact.

Yes, once denied by Lasanga gate. But the Mendes goal was in Jol's first year where we were fighting for 7th place. The second 5th place finish we only scraped on the final day.

And this is all in a pre-Emirates Marketing Project world where it's much harder to get into the top 4, because they have one of the spots sewn up, alongside Man United. 5th then was easier to achieve than 5th now.

Did you want Jol out after two 5th place finishes or have you just got a problem with Redknapp?

Are you one of these fans who will not be happy unless we win the Premiership, the Champions League and the FA cup every season.

You seem very grumpy and negative all the time.

I keep trying to restrict myself from responding to you but it's so hard to read some of the false stuff here passed off as fact.

Yes, once denied by Lasanga gate. But the Mendes goal was in Jol's first year where we were fighting for 7th place. The second 5th place finish we only scraped on the final day.

And this is all in a pre-Emirates Marketing Project world where it's much harder to get into the top 4, because they have one of the spots sewn up, alongside Man United. 5th then was easier to achieve than 5th now.

Who cares how easy it is to "achieve" 5th? We don't want 5th - we want 4th or better. And even with the rise of City, it is much easier to get 4th now than it was under the sky 4 era. Liverpool are half the team they were, Chelsea shot themselves in the foot this season (in the league anyway), and Arsenal aren't the team they were. 4th has been ours for the taking the last 3 seasons and we only achieved it once.

Did you want Jol out after two 5th place finishes or have you just got a problem with Redknapp?

Are you one of these fans who will not be happy unless we win the Premiership, the Champions League and the FA cup every season.

No- I was happy with Jol. Thought he was unlucky - as stated above. He had two great forwards but wasnt given the rest of the tools to work with, He has since had success elsewhere and is doing a decent job at Fulham.

Ferguson says that the only player he has signed which he never saw live was Bebe (we all know there was some shady reason for that deal), and as for Wenger he has generally been very dismissive of scouts in general.

Both are very hands-on. I'm not saying Harry isn't, but he admitted to not seeing Sandro play before we signed him.

cant say for ferguson but i do know that wenger uses scouts and contacts in academies to indentify targets

did ferguson say live? or was it more "with his own eyes" type thing?

how did he see obi mikel ?

Fair do's to him,he's certainly getting his point across,ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,down to Jol now........where next,oh yeah the desert years of the late 90's and early 2000 where we were mid-table and going no where,and now we're getting into europe every year and being top 4..........short short and very frigging short memories people have.

No- I was happy with Jol. Thought he was unlucky - as stated above. He had two great forwards but wasnt given the rest of the tools to work with, He has since had success elsewhere and is doing a decent job at Fulham.

Jol gets two 5th place finishes and he's unlucky but Redknapp gets two 4ths and a 5th and it's all his fault.

So you have just got a problem with Redknapp then, although I think most people could have worked that out!

Who cares how easy it is to "achieve" 5th? We don't want 5th - we want 4th or better. And even with the rise of City, it is much easier to get 4th now than it was under the sky 4 era. Liverpool are half the team they were, Chelsea shot themselves in the foot this season (in the league anyway), and Arsenal aren't the team they were. 4th has been ours for the taking the last 3 seasons and we only achieved it once.

It matters because it just does, people have to be realistic. It's like in the other thread people wondering why our back up striker isn't as good as our first choice striker, or wondering why strikers offered starting places at other clubs don't want to come here and be 3rd choice on not so great wages. We have to be realistic.

When Jol was here, in the season of the lasanga, we were 5th out of the top 5. But in his next season, we were best of the rest. We didn't compete for top 4 that year. When we almost got 4th, our closest competitors were Blackburn, West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Bolton. Wigan made up the rest of the top ten, and City and Villa were in the bottom 5. Who was actually supposed to finish above us out of those teams? We were clearly the 4th or 5th best side in the league at that time, so finishing 4th or 5th is about right.

Now, and at the start of the season, everyone acknowledged we'd be in a 3 way fight for 4th with Arsenal and Liverpool, and would do well to get it. We aren't clearly the 4th best team anymore. There's other teams around us, there's actually a big 6 rather than a big 4, and any of the positions within that are interchangable to an extent.

As the season panned out, we were on for 3rd, and so I agree considering Chelsea and Liverpool were crap that 4th isn't some amazing acheivement considering how our competition turned out. But I'd also say that we were on for 3rd and without the England speculation I reckon we would have got it. And 3rd would have been an achievement this year, a lot harder than getting 4th in 05/06.

So if Chelsea didn't gift us an easy run at the top 4, and the England speculation still happened, we may have ended up 5th. But if Chelsea didn't gift us an easy run, and the England speculation didn't happen, we may still have gotten 3rd or 4th. So there would have been a good acheivement there. I agree that Chelsea gifted us a run at it, but I also think both Chelsea and Arsenal got seriously lucky in having our manager linked away on a daily basis and undermining the confidence in what we were trying to do (I don't think it is the same as RDM getting linked away, because he is only a caretaker, and the players know that, so he's not the figure that Harry is). So I think that this year, considering the brick luck we had to battle against, we did well.

And what I'm trying to say is that it was harder this year, and will certainly be harder next year, because there is a big 6, rather than a big 4, and that means that finishing above any of them is an achievement. Finishing above Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool is harder than finishing above Bolton, West Ham and Blackburn. who were never realistically getting close. That's why it matters. It may even be a big 7 if Saudi Sportswashing Machine can be included in it, and if they can keep pace at least with 5th place, which I think they may be able to do.

So I don't agree that it's easier at all. It only looks easier because we are better, largely because of Harry. But really we have much more competition to actually get that 4th spot, it's just that we've actually been getting it because we've been doing well.

[/B]

Fair do's to him,he's certainly getting his point across,ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,down to Jol now........where next,oh yeah the desert years of the late 90's and early 2000 where we were mid-table and going no where,and now we're getting into europe every year and being top 4..........short short and very frigging short memories people have.

no
he was a Brighton supporter back then

he wont remember

Back