• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

The decision behind the scenes must surely be whether to give HR a new contract and trust his judgement in new players.

If the answer is yes, then lets get on and do it.

If the answer is no, then lets get the agonising over and get in the manager the board (Levy) trusts.

Whichever avenue the Club chose, then we need to move quickly. To delay is in no-ones interests

If Redknapp was going this summer he would have gone by now.

We are currently negotiating over the transfers of Adebayor and Vertonghen. If we can seal those two, sign someone who can cover for the flanks, cover/other option for up front plus the returning loan players and releasing/selling the deadwood from the fringes of the squad, I would say that is a good window. The positive thing is that we appear to be working towards that already.

Utd is probably the best example in building for the future.

Always buying young talent, blooding new players into the system and repeating thd cycle every 6-7 years

To suggest that is the wrong approach for any successful club in order to justify Redknapp's patchy transfer dealings is laughable. You pro-Arry bias is reaching new levels

Two questions on the bolded bit. Do you think that the first team is stronger than when he arrived? Of our signings last summer; who would you say was a success and who would you say was a failure?

We cant blame everything on Redknapp in terms of signings, he wanted Cahill in January, long before Chelsea came in, but Levy never wanted to pay the money.

We cant blame everything on Redknapp in terms of signings, he wanted Cahill in January, long before Chelsea came in, but Levy never wanted to pay the money.

didn't Cahill say he wasn't interested because he would get higher wages in the summer by moving on a free ? or something like that

Didn't we make enquiries about Cahill last summer (not sure about an actual bid) around the time that we were close to selling Bassong to QPR?

The best players at the club: King, Dawson, Bale, Modric, Lennon, VDV, Sandro were not bought by Rednapp.

The players he has bought have mostly not been successes. There have certainly been no standout performer that has hugely added to the team (maybe only Brad but he is 40+)

In the meantime, how many millions has Harry actually spent in the transfer? How many of his signings have been undeniable successes - and more importantly - how many are "gems" for the future?

IMO the balance sheet is not in his favour.

The best players at the club: King, Dawson, Bale, Modric, Lennon, VDV, Sandro were not bought by Rednapp.

The players he has bought have mostly not been successes. There have certainly been no standout performer that has hugely added to the team (maybe only Brad but he is 40+)

In the meantime, how many millions has Harry actually spent in the transfer? How many of his signings have been undeniable successes - and more importantly - how many are "gems" for the future?

Sandro and VdV were bought whilst Redknapp was manager.

Dawson, Modric, Bale and Lennon have played their best football in a Spurs shirt under Redknapp.

Adebayor, Parker and Friedel were key players in us finishing fourth this season.

Walker and Livermore have established themselves in the first team squad this season, Walker displacing an established international player. Potentially next season we will have Naughton, Caulker and Kane joining them after successful loan spells.

Are we not happy with two 4ths and 5th, notwitshtanding all the palava that went on post mid season ? Arry has high transfer targets, Levy has to reign the requests in to be realistic financially - could all change if we consistently got into the CL. I do blame in large part on Arry for our collapse but unless we can get a Hiddink, Moaninho, Capello type manager (experience plus success) why should we try for another inexperienced manager who hasn't won anything ? Arry knows what it takes to get CL and 4th, are we prepared for more heartache if a new manager comes in and we drop near the relegation zone ? You keep what has made you successful and get rid of what's holding you back, Arry IMHO is the former.

Didn't we make enquiries about Cahill last summer (not sure about an actual bid) around the time that we were close to selling Bassong to QPR?

Almost happened on deadline day IIRC. Harry also said we wanted Phil Jones. In the end they were both taken by the big boys.

Two questions on the bolded bit. Do you think that the first team is stronger than when he arrived? Of our signings last summer; who would you say was a success and who would you say was a failure?

1. Yes, it is stronger but for various reasons which are not solely down to transfers.

2. Why are you looking at last summer only - how about a career overall? For every Walker there is a Chimbonda. I didn't say his transfer dealings were failures - used the word patchy - which is exactly what I think of signings such as Saha and Nelsen. Or the 19 alleged striker bids we had rejected (at various stages) the year before that. Or the fact he approved loans on important squad player (he seemingly couldn't quite manage for whatever reasons) and replaced them with either much bricker ones or nothing at all.

1. Yes, it is stronger but for various reasons which are not solely down to transfers.

2. Why are you looking at last summer only - how about a career overall? For every Walker there is a Chimbonda. I didn't say his transfer dealings were failures - used the word patchy - which is exactly what I think of signings such as Saha and Nelsen. Or the 19 alleged striker bids we had rejected (at various stages) the year before that. Or the fact he approved loans on important squad player (he seemingly couldn't quite manage for whatever reasons) and replaced them with either much bricker ones or nothing at all.

Signed as short term backups. Obviously not going to be world class, but filled a gap when he had some injuries. Just as the Chimbonda deal, except there was never any need to play him in the end and he moved on.

Loaning out a squad player who is unhappy and haven't been near the pitch in months isn't necessarily a disaster. We had other players who could fill the void, that spare seat on the bench. It's wrong when we replace our squad players with different ones (Saha and Nelsen being marginally better than Pav and Corluka, they definitely don't weaken the squad in any way) and it's wrong when we don't bring in anyone.

Not looking to make excuses, just my interpretation and explanation, but I don't think Harry should be criticized too much for the transfer dealings in the January window, and to some extent in the last summer window. At least for incoming transfers, some of the outgoing loans could be criticized I think.

Reason being that for the last 12 months or so there have been a lot of noises around Harry, from the court case to the England job and I don't think he has gotten much in the way of transfer funds to work with unless he could convince Levy that a player was just what we needed. As a result there have been more stop gaps and temporary solutions than before.

If the current rumours are true and players like Vertonghen, Ade, Remy, Leandro etc are the players we are going for then we are at the very least looking at the right types of players in my opinion and hopefully this window will be more Sandro and less Saha.

Parker = Success
Friedel = Success
Gallas = success
Adebayor (loan) = success
Kyle Walker = success
Wilson Palacios = Was brilliant for the first year and was the main reason we stayed up...success
Crouch = Guided us to our first ever Champions league experience and sold for the same amount he was bought...Success
Defoe = The best we could possibly do at the time and his goals kept us up. Not a big fan of his tbh but his goal to game ratio since returning has been good (apart from last season)...success
Bassong = Again at the time it was the best we could do. Had a great first season and has put in some good performances when called on...success
Corluka = Solid and reliable throughot his stay with us...success
Pienaar = Hasn't worked out sadly....fail
Kranjcar = For 2.5m he's been well worth it...success
Keane = Fail
Saha = Better than Pav imo and scored a few too...ok ok maybe a fail
Nelsen = This guy was very good whenever he played so can't really see how he can be considered a failure by anyone. Not a success either but definately not a failure.

So the conclusion is that you're very wrong.

Parker = Success
Friedel = Success
Gallas = success
Adebayor (loan) = success
Kyle Walker = success
Wilson Palacios = Was brilliant for the first year and was the main reason we stayed up...success
Crouch = Guided us to our first ever Champions league experience and sold for the same amount he was bought...Success
Defoe = The best we could possibly do at the time and his goals kept us up. Not a big fan of his tbh but his goal to game ratio since returning has been good (apart from last season)...success
Bassong = Again at the time it was the best we could do. Had a great first season and has put in some good performances when called on...success
Corluka = Solid and reliable throughot his stay with us...success
Pienaar = Hasn't worked out sadly....fail
Kranjcar = For 2.5m he's been well worth it...success
Keane = Fail
Saha = Better than Pav imo and scored a few too...ok ok maybe a fail
Nelsen = This guy was very good whenever he played so can't really see how he can be considered a failure by anyone. Not a success either but definately not a failure.

So the conclusion is that you're very wrong.

well said

please dont forget to mention kaboul (though i dont really rate him i have to say that he has done better than i expected)
oh and dont forget to mention VDV and sandro. just cause he didnt go out and chase them doesnt mean he wasnt asked if he wanted them at which point he has to make a decision.

i can understand the VDV one. Levy saw an opportunity and took it

but sandro? how is that not a harry signing? because someone else scouted him? thats what scouts are paid for isnt it? what people think wenger and ferguson have time to travel the world looking at players watching other games 24/7?

nah i think thats a bit harsh, more than . sandro is a harry signing

Podolski to Arsenal and Marin to Chelsea are the only notable transfers that have been confirmed yet.

There are three clubs looking for a new manager, which will then lead to one or two more needing one.

We are very close to a deal for Vertonghen.

We are really being left behind behind.

Chelsea are as close to a deal for Hulk as we are for Vertonghen imo.

And they've basically signed Hazard. And De Bruyne and Marin who are both very good players as well.

Maybe you're forgetting that we have already LOST a player with Adebayor having left and we haven't yet signed anyone, while Arsenal will gain Wheelchair at the start of next season and Podolski and it looks like they might sign M'Villa as well.

Sandro and VdV were bought whilst Redknapp was manager.

Dawson, Modric, Bale and Lennon have played their best football in a Spurs shirt under Redknapp.

Adebayor, Parker and Friedel were key players in us finishing fourth this season.

Walker and Livermore have established themselves in the first team squad this season, Walker displacing an established international player. Potentially next season we will have Naughton, Caulker and Kane joining them after successful loan spells.

OK, but apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Chelsea are as close to a deal for Hulk as we are for Vertonghen imo.

And they've basically signed Hazard. And De Bruyne and Marin who are both very good players as well.

Maybe you're forgetting that we have already LOST a player with Adebayor having left and we haven't yet signed anyone, while Arsenal will gain Wheelchair at the start of next season and Podolski and it looks like they might sign M'Villa as well.

Chelsea are not as close to a deal for Hulk as we are for Vertonghen. Has Hulk been in the media urging his club to accept a bid from Chelsea cause that's where he wants to go? If so I haven't seen it.

Maybe you're forgetting that Chelsea have an almost unlimited supply of transfer funds and wage funds to help them while we have to operate within our budget, and maybe you're forgetting that Chelsea are the CL winners and that they will be in the CL again next season while we will not. If you're already getting impatient about transfers at this point I would not like to be the F5 key on your keyboard this window.

plus we are now negotiating for Demba Ba

which I believe will be a mistake, due to his medical history

Didn't he have a reported release clause of around ?ú7m or something like that? If so I think it would be a good piece of business even with his medical record. If we could get Ade and Ba for a combined fee of less than ?ú20m that would be a fantastic piece of business and although there would be risks involved they wouldn't be any bigger than say the risks involved if signing someone like Damiao or Remy who have never played outside rather average leagues and might not adjust.

Back