• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

Wednesday night /Thursday morning. It's at midnight GMT

Can't wait! Must be a bit frustrating for Poch not to have the full team, but the silver lining is he will get to know the squad. I wonder if Davies will be the one addition to that squad for Wednesday.

\o/ Thank you! You're not all one country? :) Is Canada better than America....?

They're both wonderful countries. We're the best of neighbours. We're not above tooting our horn, though.

4a20805a.jpg

Is Canada better? Hard to say. The English must have thought so when we fought America in the War of 1812. Managed to burn down the White House. Our reward is putting the Queen on our currency and getting Coronation St., Top Gear and The Sweeney(roight, yoar nicked!) on TV here.

Last edited:
They're both wonderful countries. We're the best of neighbours. We're not above tooting our horn, though.

View attachment 2058

Is Canada better? Hard to say. The English must have thought so when we fought America in the War of 1812. Managed to burn down the White House. Our reward is putting the Queen on our currency and getting Coronation St., Top Gear and The Sweeney(roight, yoar nicked!) on TV here.

I liked the place and people (from the little I saw during 3 days working near Toronto). Much more European feel than the US. Canadians in general seem more in touch with the world outside North America. Having worked with Canadians for a few years now, I can pickup the subtle but clear Canadian accent.

Will you be able to make it to the game?

Got my tickets to the Wednesday game, also have open training on Tuesday, may go do that as well.

I was at the Seattle game. The highlight for me was my 8 year old son being a mascot. He walked out with Tom Carroll (says he is not going to wash his hand again, not that he ever washed his hand much before), and got a full kit and boots too.

I thought Ceballos was really impressive, very forward looking and tough. Holtby also impressed. He played in three different positions and was full of energy. Obviously there was a ton of rustiness bu, as always, plenty to be optimistic about.

I was at the Seattle game. The highlight for me was my 8 year old son being a mascot. He walked out with Tom Carroll (says he is not going to wash his hand again, not that he ever washed his hand much before), and got a full kit and boots too.

8unehege.jpg

I think we moved the ball forward alot quicker and the players had more options with the ball. Less touches before releasing it. Nice triangles. Good diagonals in to space. the centre backs were spreading wide as often as they could. Distinct difference in style already for me.

He roamed with a little more purpose than I've ever seen him before. I think it's intriguing that the manager is looking to play systems which can adapt so quickly…I was also really really encouraged to see Carroll get so much time as I absolutely think he could be really important. So far as Holtby, I can see Poch wanting Bentaleb in his position; a smarter player with no less fire? Who knows? he does have options though, which is great…we even saw Lennon switching in there first half at times! I liked that!

I think Carroll was supposed to come on for Siggy in the second half and then Poch got the call he was off so Carroll got more time.

[tweet]491375875590352897[/tweet]

The comments from the twitter trolls is the best part. :lol: Why is the world so full of ****s?

I liked the place and people (from the little I saw during 3 days working near Toronto). Much more European feel than the US. Canadians in general seem more in touch with the world outside North America. Having worked with Canadians for a few years now, I can pickup the subtle but clear Canadian accent.

Will you be able to make it to the game?

Gave away my pair when it looked like I would be away during the visit. That business deal wrapped up early, so hoping to nick a cheap ticket. There's plenty to be had as on-line sellers are beginning to drop below face value. Not a huge fan of these sort of games as it's usually just 45 mins of the 'A' teams trying not to hammer one another, then a second half with scrubs rushing on every five or 10 mins., so not looking to plunk much money down.

I do know that TFC's players are not exactly hyped over this friendly. It falls in the midst of their busiest month, with games coming thick and fast in the wake of the World Cup break. They were in Houston on Saturday, play again on the weekend. Very much focused on their league situation ahead of impressing Spurs watchers.

However, business connections might get me in and into some very special seats. I will definitely post pics if I get those.Will definitely post what I can learn about the new shirts and merch - quality, fit and so on.

P'raps yon overlords at Glory Glory could arrange an all-access press pass for me? Be shure to book me into the after party, chaps.

Last edited:
Gave away my pair when it looked like I would be away during the visit. That business deal wrapped up early, so hoping to nick a cheap ticket. There's plenty to be had as on-line sellers are beginning to drop below face value. Not a huge fan of these sort of games as it's usually just 45 mins of the 'A' teams trying not to hammer one another, then a second half with scrubs rushing on every five or 10 mins., so not looking to plunk much money down.

I do know that TFC's players are not exactly hyped over this friendly. It falls in the midst of their busiest month, with games coming thick and fast in the wake of the World Cup break. They were in Houston on Saturday, play again on the weekend. Very much focused on their league situation ahead of impressing Spurs watchers.

However, business connections might get me in and into some very special seats. I will definitely post pics if I get those.Will definitely post what I can learn about the new shirts and merch - quality, fit and so on.

P'raps yon overlords at Glory Glory could arrange an all-access press pass for me? Be shure to book me into the after party, chaps.

Just contact TFC and tell them you're reporting for GG, they might bite!

I used to live about 15 mins from TFC's ground. This is the first time in the 2 years since I moved back to Sydney that I've properly missed it. So jealous of all my Spurs Canada mates...going to be a top day out.

[tweet]491375875590352897[/tweet]

The comments from the twitter trolls is the best part. :lol: Why is the world so full of ****s?

It's mostly people threatning Steve Nash to be fit for next season, people saying Soldado is ****e and Americans asking Steve Nash if he now represents Under Armour. Clueless idiots can't recognise the mighty ****erel - the blasphemy.

I had a Google of that Steve Nash guy - turns out he is a sportsman, yet was born in the same year as me i.e. he is 40

He looks it

And yet he still plays basketball for the LA Lakers apparently

I can barely be arsed to jog 5 yards

Anyone else notice that when we played out of our end - Poch was screaming for holtby to come back to the RB spot and push Naughton all the way up? Really seemed he wanted Lewis to be the one bringing it up.

Interesting, I did not see that. So he wanted Holtby to go to right back and Naughton up to right wing, when we were playing out from the back. Makes a little bit of sense I suppose, quite interesting that and something to look out for tomorrow.

Back