• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

Spandau Ballet! \o/

Big fan here but I don't think I've ever understood that song totally.

Unrequited love? Acid trips? A loss for words? Or plain suicidal? Doesn't matter all those fit in with my long drawn affair with Spurs too.

You know, these lyrics seem more Tottenham than any Chas n Dave:

So true funny how it seems
Always in time, but never in line for dreams
Head over heels when toe to toe
This is the sound of my soul,
This is the sound
I bought a ticket to the world,
But now I've come back again
Why do I find it hard to write the next line
Oh I want the truth to be said

Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true
Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true

With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue
Dissolve the nerves that have just begun
Listening to Marvin (all night long)
This is the sound of my soul,
This is the sound

Always slipping from my hands,
Sand's a time of its own
Take your seaside arms and write the next line
Oh I want the truth to be known

Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true
Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true

I bought a ticket to the world,
But now I've come back again
Why do I find it hard to write the next line
Oh I want the truth to be said

Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true
Huh huh huh hu-uh huh
I know this much is true
This much is true
I know, I know, I know this much is true

Whatever happens, I think I'll be having that on my iPod walking away from WHL after the Sunderland game....[/QUOTE]

If it bring 3pts it might have to be a Matchday ritual

Anyhow back to predictions

We've had our hiccup, I'm predicitng Arsenal and Chelsea have got one each left in them, and I'm hoping that doesnt include dropped points v United.
United not losing either game would be massive for us, two favours there and would be in with a massive shout

At the bottom I have it like this going into the last day
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 37 38 -24
Wigan 37 35 -24
Villa 37 35 -29

With Villa being in such a precarious position I wonder if they can pull something out of the fire on Cup final morning at home to Chelsea?

I think we'll fend off Everton and grab a more than respectable 5th, which will represent a very good season for us.
We're in a position now whereby to get top four we would more than likely have to beat Chelsea away, that's not going to happen.

I think we'll fend off Everton and grab a more than respectable 5th, which will represent a very good season for us.
We're in a position now whereby to get top four we would more than likely have to beat Chelsea away, that's not going to happen.

Yes, still 3 ahead of Everton with a slighly better GD. They still have to visit Liverpool and Chelsea. I would say a win next Saturday would almsot sew up a Europa League spot as a minimum.
Winning at Chelsea may not be a must, could possibly get away with a draw but thats relying on United and Everton snatching draws with Chelsea. At the end of the day we need to do it ourselves really, its not beyond this team.

We will going there after the home match with Southampton, Cheslea will be on the back of a visit to OT and one day less rest, plus, and I may be clutching at straws here, but these Europa midweek games have surely got to start taking their toll at some stage.
Eastlands 2010, maybe, just maybe in a few years time we will be recalling The Bridge 2013 [-o<

Just to let you know I've done the BBC predictor, and this is how it will finish.
1st Man U 94 points +49
2nd Emirates Marketing Project 83 points +42
3rd Spurs 74 points +24
4th Arsenal 71 points +37
5th Chelsea 71 points +35

Wigan, QPR and Reading all relegated. Saudi Sportswashing Machine survived by 1point.

I was pretty disappointed after yesterday but it's good news that were going to finish third.
To be honest I would have taken 4 points from Emirates Marketing Project and Wigan, although obviously the other way round.

The way I see it is that I had us to draw with city and beat Wigan so the fact we still got 4 points from that is still more than enough to keep us on our way considering I had us finishing top 4 with those results.

COYS

Spandau Ballet! \o/

Big fan here but I don't think I've ever understood that song totally.

Unrequited love? Acid trips? A loss for words? Or plain suicidal? Doesn't matter all those fit in with my long drawn affair with Spurs too.

Published in NME, 1987:

It's a common misconception that the lyrics for "True" are a testimony of a complicated love affair, or drug misuse. Actually, the words were penned by Gary Kemp as a tribute to his football team, Tottenham Hotspur. Gary says "We always seem to be there or there abouts, but never make the cut. When I wrote the song it was 1983 after another season of despair - we were every bit as good as Liverpool back then, but yet no titles to show. This season, and again it echos so true.... we should have won the treble but instead Mabbutt and Pleat's knees have done us over."

When it comes to football, Gary is in it for life. "Look, at the moment we are always the bridesmaid, never the bride. But who knows, in thirty years time maybe we will have the world? Maybe we will have a team that WILL win the treble by then, maybe we will move into our new stadium " - rumours abound of a new stadium in the light of the recent riots - " but even a new outfit for the mascot, well that would be progress. An exotic young foreign manager, some more continental signings.... even a striker from Africa, wow that would be exciting."

Football is certainly deep within the Spandau blood, Gary had trials with Arsenal (on mention of this he spat "can't believe I once played for that scum") brother Martin Kempes was top scorer in the 1978 World Cup. Gary is also be rumoured to be close friends with Steve Perryman, who would often talk late into the night discussing strategy. Is it true that "Marvin" is a reference to the Tottenham captain, who is said to bear a resemblance to Hank Marvin? Gary just gave a knowing grin and shrugged, "who knows?"

Spandau Ballet are currently one of the hottest boy bands around, yet Gary remains remarkably cool when talking about hopes and ambition. "Wham are clearly number one, although Duran Duran aren't far behind. We are a long, way back but we are happy to be third. Third is where it's at. Third deserves a medal in itself".

Just to let you know I've done the BBC predictor, and this is how it will finish.
1st Man U 94 points +49
3rd Spurs 74 points +24

Wigan, QPR and Reading all relegated. Saudi Sportswashing Machine survived by 1point.

I was pretty disappointed after yesterday but it's good news that were going to finish third.
To be honest I would have taken 4 points from Emirates Marketing Project and Wigan, although obviously the other way round.

You're expecting us to win all 4 remaining games then, including Chelsea away?

If Arsenal win today then I think we're done, unless Chelsea somehow fail to win.

If Arse win today then agree they'll get one of the top 4 spots. I think there's a decent chance though that Chelsea will fail to win any of their next 3 games

Just to let you know I've done the BBC predictor, and this is how it will finish. 1st Man U 94 points +49
3rd Spurs 74 points +24

I was pretty disappointed after yesterday but it's good news that were going to finish third. To be honest I would have taken 4 points from Emirates Marketing Project and Wigan, although obviously the other way round.

](*,) ](*,)

Jesus this is going to be close.
I had worked on the basis that we'd get 4 points from City and Wigan (admittedly the other way round).
I also had Arse to draw today and Chavs to win.

It seems increasingly likely that it'll come down to the Chelsea away game. And i suspect a draw wont be enough. We'll need a win.

TottenhamChelseaArsenal
Chelsea (A)Tottenham (H)
Southampton (H)Man Utd (A)QPR (A)
Stoke (A)Aston Villa (A)Wigan (H)
Sunderland (H)Everton (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)

I'll weight the teams as follows, expected number of points in brackets (home/away):

Top 1: Man Utd (0/0, anything here is a bonus)

CL contenders: Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton (1/1, 8 points in total)

Mid table: Sunderland, Swansea, West Brom, Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Norwich, West Ham, Southampton, Liverpool (3/1, 40 points in total)

Bottom 4: QPR, Wigan, Reading, Aston Villa (3/3, 24 points in total)

If anyone matched this over the course of a season they would get 72 points. It's mostly intended to rate the different run ins and you never know when teams will start to switch off towards the end of the season.

As it stands:

Chelsea 65
Arsenal 64
Tottenham 62
Everton 59

Predicted outcome:

Arsenal 71 (7/9 points won)
Tottenham 70 (8/12 points won)
Chelsea 70 (5/12 points won)
Everton 64 (5/9 points won)
Liverpool 59 (5/9 points won)

Using last season's results from the same fixtures:

Chelsea 72
Tottenham 69
Arsenal 65
Everton 62
Liverpool 60

Key Matches:

Man United - Chelsea
Liverpool - Everton
Chelsea - Tottenham
Chelsea - Everton

Wigan at home and Saudi Sportswashing Machine away could be tougher than we think.

The most we can hope for is they draw one game. That would still be Arsenal finishing on 71 points.
For us to get to 72 we'd have to win 3 and draw 1.

Arsenal have got to be favourites to qualify now and I can't see us beating Chelsea away as well as them slipping up in another of their games.

Back